• 16.04.2024, 13:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Philio

Controlling 2 pumps with Aquaero 5?

Sonntag, 30. September 2012, 16:07

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could explain how you connect 2 compatible pumps to the Aquaero 5.

I've only just installed the Aquaero and just running fans/sensors off it for now as I have an old Aquastream pump which isn't compatible.

I'm looking at rebuilding my water loop with a new compatible pump and also interested in the possibility of adding a second loop.

The manual for the Aquaero says that only the high speed Aquabus is suitable for pumps, so how do you connect the second pump?

Sonntag, 30. September 2012, 16:57

You could always get the Aquaero "Real Time Clock" as after fitting this, it gives you two High Speed Aquabus's or you can connect a pump, or each pump up through a Power Adjust!!
N.

Philio

Sonntag, 30. September 2012, 20:41

That's actually quite a nice idea, I've noticed the A5 doesn't even turn off when connected to USB like the A4 used to, so would be good in the event of a power outage/moving the computer too.

So you do need an accessory to link 2 pumps, it's not possible just with the A5 itself?

I wondered if perhaps they were daisy chained or something like that but looking at pictures of the pumps they only have a single connector each.

Sonntag, 30. September 2012, 22:14

I wouldn't have thought it's a good idea too daisy chain pumps...how would you know if one went down as you'd still be getting readings from the other pump?.. (You can't separate their readings if their going through the same cable) Personally I'd want my two pumps on their own curcuits so I know what each pump is doing.. :)

N.

Sonntag, 30. September 2012, 22:50

Use a 4 pin y splitter on the high speed aquabus. If you are talking about the AquaComputer D5 as a compatable pump, you can add 4 pumps with Aquabus, or any amount through USB connections. The Aquastream XT connects by a three wire cable to the High speed Aquabus, or use the USB connection.

Alternatly, connect up to four pumps to the Fan headers of the AQ5, or up to 8 pumps through Power Adjust 2, daisy chained via three wire Aquabus cables to the high speed AQB port.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Philio

Montag, 1. Oktober 2012, 10:35

I wouldn't have thought it's a good idea too daisy chain pumps...how would you know if one went down as you'd still be getting readings from the other pump?.. (You can't separate their readings if their going through the same cable) Personally I'd want my two pumps on their own curcuits so I know what each pump is doing.. :)

N.
I'm just guessing, the manual that comes with the A5 is incredible vague!

Use a 4 pin y splitter on the high speed aquabus. If you are talking about the AquaComputer D5 as a compatable pump, you can add 4 pumps with Aquabus, or any amount through USB connections. The Aquastream XT connects by a three wire cable to the High speed Aquabus, or use the USB connection.

Alternatly, connect up to four pumps to the Fan headers of the AQ5, or up to 8 pumps through Power Adjust 2, daisy chained via three wire Aquabus cables to the high speed AQB port.
Leaning towards D5 pumps as require far less space, might also consider getting a dual 5 1/4" bay and running 2 in series.
Assume you can't control the pumps on the fan headers, just monitor the sped signal?

Montag, 1. Oktober 2012, 11:45

You can power D5s from the Aquaero fan headers although strongly suggest you use the available waterblock to cool the fan amps to keep the Aquaero from getting too hot. Alternative is to keep the Aquaero headers free for fans and run each pump from a Poweradjust unit, or, purchase the new Aquacomputer D5s and power them directly from the PSU and monitor/control them via the aquabus.

The manual isn't vague it is just very limited in information. You can intuitively work out what connects to what from the manual but that's about it. For detailed info, suggestions and 'how to' or troubleshooting the forum is the best place.

Philio

Samstag, 6. Oktober 2012, 03:09

Having read a few threads on the forum I think I understand how the Aquabus works now.

I have ordered the first of the parts which are 2 x D5 pumps and the real time clock expansion for the Aquaero 5.

I will be running 6 fans so I assume I will need 2 PowerAdjust 2's to control everything from the Aquaero.

I can connect a splitter to one of the high speed ports from the real time clock and then connect the 2 pumps to this.
I can then daisy chain the 2 PA2s on the high speed port to control the 2 additional fans.

I understand that you have to set the device ids on the PA2s via USB before use, I assume the same rule applies to the 2 pumps?

I'll power everything direct from the PSU, just using the Aquaero for control/monitoring.

Sonntag, 7. Oktober 2012, 16:53

Sorry, I just saw this and want to expand a bit.
You do not need 2 aditional PA2s for the extra fans unless you want to control the fans seperatly. For example, all three fans on one radiator can be controlled as a group, just connect the fans with a fan splitter to the one AQ5 channel. One user has Six fans on each channel and it works fine.
Also, you do not need the real time clock option to add High Speed, or low speed, Aquabus connectors, Just add 4 pin splitters as necessary. Each device of the same type, D5 pumps or PA2, needs to have the component ID number changed via AS2012 and the USB cable connection, after the device ID is set, you can use just the four pin Aquabus, or if you leave the USB cable connected, then you can use the three pin cables included with the pumps to connect via Aquabus.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Philio

Sonntag, 7. Oktober 2012, 19:48

You do not need 2 aditional PA2s for the extra fans unless you want to control the fans seperatly. For example, all three fans on one radiator can be controlled as a group, just connect the fans with a fan splitter to the one AQ5 channel. One user has Six fans on each channel and it works fine.
Interesting that you say this, I was basing this off my experience with the Aquaero 4, I found that when running multiple fans from a single output there was not sufficient current available for them to run at full speed, is this different when using the Aquaero 5 or PA2?
Also, you do not need the real time clock option to add High Speed, or low speed, Aquabus connectors, Just add 4 pin splitters as necessary. Each device of the same type, D5 pumps or PA2, needs to have the component ID number changed via AS2012 and the USB cable connection, after the device ID is set, you can use just the four pin Aquabus, or if you leave the USB cable connected, then you can use the three pin cables included with the pumps to connect via Aquabus.
I actually like the idea of having the real time clock add on so that it maintains the clock in the event of power loss, I'll probably just get the Aquaero to display the time when the system is off (via USB power) once I complete rebuilding my water loop into a new case.

Can someone tell me what the difference is between the 3 and 4 pin Aquabus cables? It looks like the D5 pumps have 4 pins and the PA2 has 3 pins?

Edit:

Should probably add that it's unlikely that I'll have anything but the Aquaero on USB permanently as I don't have enough USB headers, so in regards to the cables it looks like I will need to buy both 4 pin splitters and 4 pin cables for the pumps (looks like they come with a 3 pin) but 3 pin cables for the PA2s?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Philio« (7. Oktober 2012, 19:58)

Montag, 8. Oktober 2012, 07:15

The three pin cables are what I think of as the "Data" side of the Aquabus. The Four pin cables include the Data, but also include the +5vdc required for the D5 pump controller/the mps sensors for flow and level and pressure and the High Flow USB, and the Tube Meter. The PA2s do not need the +5vdc because they get +5v from the four pin PSU moles connector, just like the Multiswitch does. If the mps device is connected via USB, the 5vdc comes from the USB cable, or the four pin Aquabus cable.
I am running a set of three GT Ap 15s on one channel and at 100% power they draw about 0.22 to 0.26 amps as reported by the AQ5. The AQ5 is rated at 1.65 amps per channel, so I could run 12 GTs per channel and still have room for current spikes. (I also use a water block). Like I said, one user has at least six monster size fans on each of his AQ5 channels If I remember correctly, he is running about 1 amp load at 100%. The real limiting factor on the number of fans is how slow you want them to run, and how much power they draw. The AQ5 uses the solid state equivelent of a "Variable Resistor" to lower output voltage to slow down the fans. The slower the fan runs, the less current it uses, but the more heat the controller makes. This is why when a high temperature is detected, the fan defaults to maximum speed until the controller cools down. Several users have reported running 6 or more fans on a single channel of the AQ5 without the water block, they just had to direct a small fan to blow on the AQ5 heat sink. Personally, I think not having a water block on the AQ5 is insane given how cheap it is and how much it can do.
The clock time is maintained via the USB connection IF your computer BIOS supports leaving the USB power on when the 'puter is shut down. I just bought the standby power ATX power cable and left it at that.
The PA2 is basically just a higher power fan/pump channel. It will comfortably handle about twice the current draw of the AQ5 fan channel. It also adds a temperature sensor and an aditional flow meter connector to the AQ5 system. It shows up in the Aquasuite 2012 as an additional fan channel, ie, there is now listing for "PA2" in the software when it is connected. In fact, uless there is a temperature sensor or fan connected to it, nothing shows up at all.
You do need to connect the D5 pump/PA2/mps to the computer via USB to update firmware and set the device ID if ther are muliple devices of the same type connected. This is done through the AS2012 software, and you can unplug the AQ5 as a temporary measure if necessary, but that is kind of messy. Also, while the AC D5 pump can be controlled just through the Aquabus, having it connected via USB is a good thing because of the extras available, like alarm outputs etc. There are many cheap PCI cards with internal USB headers on them. The D5 pump can be connected to the AQ5 by a three wire aquabus cable, IF it is also connected via USB.
Yes, get the four pin Aquabus cables and splitters. Count how many you need and add one each. If you do change the configuration around later, you might just need the extra one, (like I did.), I HATE having to have my beast shut down for an extra two weeks waiting for wires. The PA2/D5/mps sensors all come with a three wire Aquabus cable. The three wire just plugs into the four wire Aquabus cable so no adapters are required. With two D5 pumps, you will have to set a device ID on one pump from 12 to 13 with the USB cable attached, then shut down and connect it via Aquabus and re boot and you are good to go. The little book that comes with the D5 pump is pretty good, if you take the time to read it first, several times, then the light comes on and things make sense.

Philio

Montag, 8. Oktober 2012, 18:34

Thanks very much, really helpful info! I went ahead an ordered the 4 pin splitter and a couple of 4 pin cables now for the pumps, sounds like I might be ok without the PA2's for now. Do you happen to know what the maximum current supported on the AQ4 was for comparison?

I'm also doing my best to avoid PC downtime, I've bought a few parts I've already got (well just a new CPU block) so that I can setup the new water loop in a new case without even touching my computer.

I've now received the D5 pumps and the reservoir, which conveniently neither came with an O ring and the other parts should be arriving over the next few days. Hopefully I can get everything up and running this weekend!

Tanquen

Samstag, 17. Oktober 2020, 09:34

Which D5 pump works with the aquabus?

The D5 pump with the speed control and status doesn't seem to have a USB connection and you mentioned using that to change the ID.

I have the A6 and if you wanted to run two pumps you could daisy chain them or can you use both of the aqua bus connectors?

Right now I'm running an old D5 that doesn't have any speed status or control off of one of the power channels and that is not ideal.

If you're using the aquabus do you get a control curve for each of the pumps or you only have the four for the four powered channels?

Montag, 19. Oktober 2020, 08:20

The D5 pump with the speed control and status doesn't seem to have a USB connection and you mentioned using that to change the ID.

I have the A6 and if you wanted to run two pumps you could daisy chain them or can you use both of the aqua bus connectors?

Right now I'm running an old D5 that doesn't have any speed status or control off of one of the power channels and that is not ideal.

If you're using the aquabus do you get a control curve for each of the pumps or you only have the four for the four powered channels?

You need a PWM controlled D5 pump to have speed and fan curve control, A Vario D5 only has control via the knob on the back.
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Tanquen

Dienstag, 20. Oktober 2020, 05:39

You need a PWM controlled D5 pump to have speed and fan curve control, A Vario D5 only has control via the knob on the back.
So if you get the D5 Next pump the aquabus doesn't do anything? I thought an advantage was using the aquabus port instead of one of the four powered PWM channels.

Dienstag, 20. Oktober 2020, 05:56

So if you get the D5 Next pump the aquabus doesn't do anything? I thought an advantage was using the aquabus port instead of one of the four powered PWM channels.

No according to the D5 Next write up it can be controlled by Aquabus using the RGBpx connection....Quote from Aquacomputer web page "If no RGBpx products are connected to the pump, the RGBpx header can be configured as an aquabus interface. In this configuration, the pump can be connected to an aquaero 5 or aquaero 6 as an aquabus expansion device, giving the aquaero control of pump and fan output settings. Additionally, coolant temperature and flow rate are transmitted to the connected aquaero. A maximum of two D5 NEXT pumps can be connected to an aquaero simultaneously."

If the D5 Next still requires a PWM fan header I can't say, maybe @Shoggy could chime in?

I personally have 2x EK PWN D5's attached via 1 of the 4 PWN fan headers on my Aquaero 6 via a splitty9 (I like things tidy) , i bought a Quadro to add 4 more. I also keep everything attached to the USB because it's a bummer to keep connecting it for updates :rolleyes:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bartdude« (20. Oktober 2020, 06:02)

Dienstag, 20. Oktober 2020, 07:45

The D5 NEXT is connected via USB by default, the Aquabus is not necessary. Basically, the Aquabus is used to connect aquacomputer devices in a non-Windows environment when USB cannot be used to transfer data due to the lack of Aquasuite.
As long as a Windows environment is in use, all devices can be configured and controlled through the Aquasuite when connected to the motherboard via USB.
All devices are running, once configured, self-sufficient.
The D5NEXT does not have a PWM connection, as it has its own control electronics.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Dienstag, 20. Oktober 2020, 20:33

D5 NEXT can be controlled without PWM signal source such as one of the 4 Fan aquaero channels.
Yes, aquabus is not necessary. What it actually does, is making D5 NEXT's own Fan channel accessible to control via advanced aquaero's controllers, and makes pump control available via aquaero Pumps tab.

Tanquen

Mittwoch, 21. Oktober 2020, 07:04

It looks like the pump doesn't come with a power cable or a aquabus cable. Will the aquabus cable that came with the A6 work or do I need to order one. I already ordered a SATA power cable as it seems the ones daisy chained on the power supply cables will be awkward at best. It seems like the pump really should come with one.

I was wanting to get the pump status into the A6 outside of Windows.

Mittwoch, 21. Oktober 2020, 07:22

Well from what was said above you only need to connect the SATA for power and the supplied USB 2 cable to have complete control of the pump in Aquasuite