• 16.04.2024, 11:41
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Mittwoch, 21. Oktober 2020, 12:15

USB cable to connect D5 NEXT to motherboard is supplied. Aquabus cable is not, if you want you need to purchase this one https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3487

Tanquen

Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2020, 19:46

The pump came today and no aquabus cable and the one that came with the A6 don't fit. For $55 more in shipping I can order the $3 cable. Would be nice if a aquabus device came with one. I guess they figure no one with a A5 or A6 will want to use aquabus? It sounds interesting at least.

"What it actually does, is making D5 NEXT's own Fan channel accessible to control via advanced aquaero's controllers, and makes pump control available via aquaero Pumps tab."

Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2020, 21:16

Not much users actually have both aquaero and D5 NEXT and thus need an aquabus cable to connect them, I think thats why it's optional.
You can order cable with 5EUR flat envelope.

Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2020, 21:21

I guess they figure no one with a A5 or A6 will want to use aquabus? It sounds interesting at least.
I guess they just think that not much of D5 NEXT's buyers also have aquaero, and not much aquaero buyers buy a D5 NEXT. So the cable is optional - remember it is not requred to operation, it adds functions. It's up to you to forward think, what options do you want to use and thus what cables you gonna need.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »k2viper« (22. Oktober 2020, 21:23)

Freitag, 23. Oktober 2020, 11:06

The pump came today and no aquabus cable and the one that came with the A6 don't fit. For $55 more in shipping I can order the $3 cable. Would be nice if a aquabus device came with one. I guess they figure no one with a A5 or A6 will want to use aquabus? It sounds interesting at least.

"What it actually does, is making D5 NEXT's own Fan channel accessible to control via advanced aquaero's controllers, and makes pump control available via aquaero Pumps tab."
There is a simple explanation, the Aquabus is only necessary if you want to use the data from different devices, in a non-Windows environment, as input to the Aquaero or control the devices directly from the Aquaero.

In a Windows environment, the Aquacomputer service exchanges data via USB, so the Aquabus is not necessary.

Since most PCs now run under Windows, very few people need an Aquabus cable.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Tanquen

Freitag, 23. Oktober 2020, 17:04

I would love it if the D5 next had strip down versions similar to the new flow meter but this is the only one that I saw available with aquabus. Don't want the LED. Don't want the display or controls.

I still think they could just include the cable on devices that support aquabus. Sure maybe not everybody needs it but if the ($125+) device supports aquabus why not include the $1 ish cable, their cost. Actually I'd rather the pump came with better packaging, the pumps just flopping around in an open box basically. The copper CPU cooler came with much better packaging and it's just a chunk of metal.

A simple note at the top of the product description on their order page wouldn't be that bad either. Planning on using aquabus be sure to pick up our $3 cable with your order. Not sure how you're going to power it, make sure your PSU has a SATA power cord if it does, make sure it'll reach where you're planning to mount your pump if it won't order this SATA to molex extension.

I don't see any options for a 5EUR flat envelope, the website just says $50 like every other order. I found a place in the US that has one for $10 shipping but it'll take a week or so to get.

I could have done more research but a couple of stickies in the English forum or even a video that just shows the various different devices that are available and the various different connections and what you can get out of each one. There's a number of different threads where people are asking basic kind of connectivity info and what gets you what.

Yes, I could have done more research but I was getting excited about the new setup and wanted to get it ordered.

I know if you're running Windows it's not as useful but like I've mentioned I wanted it to work outside of Windows. I don't always run Windows and it seems like it's a good idea to have the A6 see all the data and decide what to do versus hoping Windows and or the Windows service is running and or not crashed. Like the last aquasuite update.

Freitag, 23. Oktober 2020, 17:43

I also want so much, unfortunately there is not always exactly what you want.
There are two slimmed down versions of the D5:
Aqua Computer D5 pump motor with PWM input and speed signal
and
Aqua Computer D5 pump motor with speed signal

Why should 90 + % of the users pay more for a product to get a cable that only 10% of the users need?

By the way, the scope of delivery is on the product page of each product, so finding out that there is no Aquabus cable included is not really difficult even with little research ;-)

Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.

Tanquen

Samstag, 24. Oktober 2020, 19:05

"Why should 90 + % of the users pay more for a product to get a cable that only 10% of the users need?"

I hear you but it is ok for 100% to pay more for LED, Display and controls? But it's not ok to put a 1$-ish cable (or proper protection/packaging) in the box of the $125-ish pump? :)

The kryos NEXT VARIO AM4 / 3000 CPU cooler comes with $4 worth of Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste and what kind of watercooler guy don't already have some?

The tube looks like Hydronaut not Kryonaut though, not sure it matters.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Tanquen« (24. Oktober 2020, 19:13)

Samstag, 24. Oktober 2020, 19:18

"Why should 90 + % of the users pay more for a product to get a cable that only 10% of the users need?"

I hear you but it is ok for 100% to pay more for LED, Display and controls? But it's not ok to put a 1$-ish cable (or proper protection/packaging) in the box of the $125-ish pump? :)
You don't pay any extra for the LEDs or the display, the D5NEXT is a complete product, you can't leave anything out, who doesn't want it buys another pump!
With the cable it looks different, that is an unnecessary accessory, comparable to a vertical mounting kit for graphic cards, this is also included with hardly any case, even if the case would support the mounting.

I can't complain about the packaging of the Aquacomputer products, I bought different pumps, sensors and controllers, everything was safe and packed with as little waste as possible, that's how it should be, right?

Tanquen

Sonntag, 25. Oktober 2020, 01:12

"You don't pay any extra for the LEDs or the display, the D5 NEXT is a complete product, you can't leave anything out, who doesn't want it buys another pump!"

Like I said before I did not see a pump with flow and temp and aquabus and NOT LEDs and controls and display, maybe someday they will like the new Next flow meter and CPU blocks that you can get with or without the display and so on.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
I'm not asking them to put an aquabus in random other pumps but the one that is over $120 and has an aquabus port. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

"I can't complain about the packaging of the Aquacomputer products"

Like I said it's the Next pump that has bad packaging. I've seen posts where the pumps come apart in the box. It's needs some foam or something at the top to keep it in place and together. Mine was together but sideways in the box. Not the end of the word but it could better.

Like I said the CPU packaging was good but don't need it as much and I would like less waste like I don't need shinny graphics on the outside and don't need slip covers like the CPU Next water block. Just a simple easy to recycle brown box with something inside to keep stuff from moving around during shipping.

And again the CPU block comes with with $4-ish worth of Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste and what kind of watercooler guy don't already have some? The tube looks like Hydronaut not Kryonaut though, not sure it matters.
All that being said, just put the $1-ish cable in the box of $120+ aquabus devices. Otherwise we can just agree to disagree.