• 19.04.2024, 08:11
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Please HELP w/ Aquaero 5 parts list

Mittwoch, 3. Oktober 2012, 15:38

Hi-

After much research and reading .. I will be ordering the Aquaero for my monitoring and controlling needs. I am in the process of finalizing the order and am requesting the current owners to please comment on the parts list. Thanks in advance! Maybe I will get lucky and Shoggy will respond to my post as well :D

DESIGN NEEDS:

1. Independent control of each fan channel - total of 7 channels

2. 2 pumps (D5) in series (thinking of Aqua Computer D5 pump motor with USB and aquabus interface) looks like it will mate w/ the Aquaero well.

3. Coolant temps - 1. Inlet water and 2. Outlet water from the Rads

4. Ambiant case temp

5. Ability to scale up based on liquid temp (Aquaero native capability)

6 Measure flow-rate

Aquaero Parts list:

A1. Aquaero XT or Pro option?

(a) 1x = I am leaning towards the Pro at this time. Rationale: Not sure I need the remote and if need be I can always add. Not sure about the heatsink requirement. Do I really need to water cool?

A2
. 2x = Aqua Computer D5 pump motor with USB and aquabus interface OR a generic Vario D5 pump. Like the Aquaero as they have the right connections on the back.

A3
. 2x = Poweradjust Ultra for the pumps

A4
. 1x = Einbaublende für poweradjust 2 USB, Aluminium schwarz eloxiert (black face plate)

A5
. 1x = Pressure equalisation membrane G1/4, tall version

A6
. 1x = multiswitch USB 1.41 (lighting control and possibly fan control?)

A7
. 2x = Flow sensor mps flow 400, G1/4 (OR) Flow sensor "high flow USB" G1/4 (I am leaning towards this unit) Also I think 1 sensor should be fine since the flow rate will be the same all through the loop. Only the liquid temp will be different - "before enter Rad" and "exiting Rad".

A8
. Cables - do all the connection cables come w/ the unit?

A9
. Any other goodies I am missing?

BACKGROUND
:

Water cooling components:
BLOCKS: CPU block, 2x GPU blocks,
Chipset blocks (custom blocks) all water blocks on a custom loop. All blocks ordered/received w/ the exception of the chip set block. All blocks are Heatkiller except chipset block. Next time around AquaComputer :thumbsup:
RADs - UT60 420 (2x)
RES - Koolance RP452 v2.0 dual bay for D5 Pumps

System hardware: LGA2011 3960x, ASRock Extreme 11 board

CASE: CaseLab M10 with Pedestal (so have enough room for all the components

Loops design: Single loop (all blocks in serial w/ the exception of GPUs in parallel)

Flow design: Rad1 -> Rad2 -> Res -> Pump1 -> Pump2 -> CPU -> GPU1 & GPU2 -> Chip set -> Rad 1 (back to)

FANS: This is a CaseLabs Case one cannot put enough fans, but one does try Total of 14 to 16 fans. All PWM capable but will be voltage controlled. I am planning on having a total of 7 channels for the fans. May reduce to 6 in the installation.

NOTE: Please note each channel will have stacked fans if needed. Planning on stacking 3 or 2 fans per channel.

2 channels - 2 sets 3 x 140mm (Akasa Black Apachee PWM) in pull formation (in pedestal)

1 channel - 1 set of 2 x 140mm (Akasa Black Apachee PWM) for exhaust (in pedestal)

2 channels - 2 sets of 2 x 120mm (Noiseblocker M12-PS PWM) for intake (top of M10)

2 channels - 2 sets of 2 or 3 x 120mm (Noiseblocker M12-PS PWM) for
intake (front of M10) Note: This maybe come to one channel only of 3
fans.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »audiophile20« (3. Oktober 2012, 17:25)

Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2012, 03:36

I am not Shoggy, but I take a swing at this.

First, I strongly recomend the AQ5 Pro version. The Aquaremote is not really necessary now that Aquasuite 2012 is close to final release. And, like you say, it can be purchased seperatly. I have three AQ 5 Pros and one aquaremote. I do recomend the Aquaero 5 water block. You are using MB blocks, go all out and do the AQ5 as well. You do nt really need it IF your case hase good airflow near the AQ5 heat sink. But why risk it?

I strongly suggest getting the Aquacomputer version of the D5. It is a tad bit more expensive, but in my opinion, the Aquacomputer mps interface is worth it, especially since it draws motor power from the PSU via a standard four pin molex, thus reducing heat load on the AQ5. And each pump provides an additional external temperature sensor interface. I do suggest conecting each pump via USB and four wire Aquabus with a y splitter cable. This allows maximum control and monitoring of the pumps. You do need to change one pump device ID via AS2012 and USB before connecting the second pump. Running two pumps in series should be just a matter of selecting both pumps as outputs of the temperature controller you set up.

You do not need the Power Adjust 2 Ultra. The standard one will work just fine in your situation. Just remember to connect them via USB one at a time to a PC running Aquasuite 2012 and change the device ID and upgrade the firmware if necessary. This can be done through AS2012 now and it should be fairly easy to figure out. After eash PA2 is setup via USB, you can daisy chain them with the three wire Aquabus to the Highspeed Aquabus of the AQ5 through a four wire Aquabus splitter cable. The three wire cables are provided with each PA2, and can only fit one way into the four pin cable. Also, remember that a PA2 will not show up in AS2012 until you connect a temp sensor or fan to it, and then it shows up in the fan section of AS2012. If you get the Aquacomputer D5 pumps, you do NOT need a PA2 for them. Use the PA2 for the extra fan channels you want. You can connect a total of 8 PA2s to the AQ5 via Aquabus, and the AC D5 has its own seperate power from the computer PSU, and speed control is done via Aquabus or USB.

I think the High Flow USB flow sensor is the way to go. Some people have reported clicking noises from it that go away over time, but the MPS flow sensors are too limited in flow rates for a new WC setup in my opinion. But if you go with the mps 400, make sure you get the extra flow guide fitting mentioned in the Shop section of AC webshop. Otherwise it will never give good flow readings. The high flow USB version is mechanical, with good stable readings down to 30 l/h, and above 120 l/h. I do not think it has a max flow rating like the mps sensors. BUT, you do need a four pin Aquabus cable for it, unless conected via USB. Yes, only one flow sensor per loop is necessary, and you are running only one loop. If you decide to split it up into two loops, then a second flow sensor is necessary, and could very well be a mps 400, since you can test the single loop first and see what kind of flow you will have in it.

I am very sure you are going to want more liquid temp sensors of the inline variety. Two can work fine, but watching CPU and GPU outlet temps go up and down is a lot of the fun of the AQ5 unit. Any 10kohm inline temp sensor works just fine. Four dry type temp sensors come with the AQ5, and with all the PA2s and pumps and the flow meter each having a place to plug in a temp sensor, you can expand monitoring wonderfully. How about inlet and outlet for each RAD?

Now for extra goodies, the AC d5 pump, the High flow USB, and the mps 400 flow sensors all need 5vdc from the AQ5 high speed Aquabus, unless they are only attached with USB. The PA2s only need the three wire cable. Also, each PA2 has two headers for daisy chaining the Aquabus, the pump and flow sensors do not. So you need the Aquabus four pin Y splitters. One for the pumps, and one more for each flow sensor. All pumps and mps/flow sensors also need a four wire Aquabus extension cable to connect to the Y splitter cable.

You will have more USB cables than you can use.

The PA2 need a mounting bracket available from the AC web shop. and a black face plate, unless you intend to mount them somewher in the case seperatly. Since they will only be powering fans, they will not need much air flow for cooling them, and you will have PLENTY of wire so you can out them anywhere.

I do not recomend getting the Multi Switch unless you only want to run 8 5vdc LEDs off it. and then only if you want ON/OFF control. Aquacomputer develpoers have said they will not be including more support for it into AS2012, And you cannot run the old Aquasuite 4.72 at the same time AS2012 is running, so all the fancy scripts and PWM outputs are pretty much junked.

As for the extra goodies, have you considered a level measurement sensor? A mps Delta 40 is perfect for that, you just need an extra pair of connection fittings to the res, and anouther four in Y splitter and four pin extension cable for it. The Tubemeter will not fit in the res you named unless you drill and tap holes in the res.

More inline temp senors!

Have fun!

P.S. I strongly suggest setting up the PA2 and pump component IDs via USB before you tear down your "Old" rig. Just make sure you do not run the pumps without water in them, ie, install them into the res and run a temporary hose from the output back to the res.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2012, 19:30

larry- While you may not be Shoggy, looks like you do have excellent and impressive knowledge of AA5. That is immensely helpful. Based on your input I have built a parts list and with specific AC part numbers. Can you please review and comment? Thank you again for your engagement and time!!!

1. 1x - AA5 Pro - 53090
  2. 1x - AA5 Pro Black face plate - 53091
  3. 1x - Waterblock - 53093
  4. 1x - High Flow USB Sensor - 53129
  5. 2x - AC D5 w/ Aquabus interface - 41903
  6. 5x - Inline temp sensor - 53066 (tube style)
  7. 1x - AQ Filter with Stainless Steel mesh - 34018 + 93637 (extra filter)
  8. 3x - Aquabus connector cable - 53122 (maybe 1 spare)
  9. 1x - Pressure equalization membrane - 53138 (tall version)
  10. 4x - PA2s or PA2 Ultras - 53082 (or 53083)
  11. 2x - PA Black Front plate - 53087
Hope this is all of it.

Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2012, 20:35

Actually, you need at least three of these: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2847
The PA2 Ultra is not necessary if you have an Aquaero 5. It is intended for people that do not have one. ie, save some money on PA2s and spend it elseware.
Now for cable situation: PA2 = PA2 = PA2 = PA2 = \_ (Y Connector)
. / \_ (Y connector) (4 wire cable)------Aquaero 5 High Speed Aquabus
. Flow Sensor (4 wire cable)---------- / /
. /
. D5 (1) (4 wire cable)------------\___( Y connector)_/
. D5 (2) (4 wire cable)------------/
Remember, the PA2s can use the supplied three wire cable for Aquabus connections, and have two connection headers on each device so just plug them into the leg of the Y connector and done.
Just a bit of advice, get extra 4 wire cables and splitters, at least one of each. They are far cheaper to get with the first order than to by them seperatly and pay shipping again. if you find out one is bad, or you just need an extra cable.
Also, from a different thread, Shoggy says that if you power the mps sensor with a USB cable, you can use just a three wire Aquabus cable and Y splitter. So for the pumps you can use just the USB cables supplied and not bother with the extra 4 wire Aquabus cables at all (for just the pumps.)
Sorry, I cant seam to get the formatting right on my pictotextgram. I tried.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »LarryWill729« (4. Oktober 2012, 20:45)

AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Ok confirming my understanding

Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2012, 23:56

Larry,

Let me make sure I understand your statements correctly.

To clarify my needs on fan control please see below:

I am going to have total of 14 to 16 fans. I will want to control them via 7 channels.

Channel 1- 3 fans (rad1)
Channel 2- 3 fans (rad2)
Channel 3- 2 140mm for exhaust
Channel 4- 3 fans air intake top of case (right side)
Channel 5- 3 fans air intake top of case (left side)
Channel 6- 3 fans air intake front (air intake for hard drive cages)
Channel 7- 3 fans as additional intake

I want to have ability to control the speed of the fans separately. If I used the consolidation cable then I will loose the ability to control the fans as I would prefer to do.

Please let me know if I am thinking this through the wrong way.

Believe me I would love to skip the PA2 If I can, but I don't see another option. It is good to know that they supply the cables with the PA2. This means I don't need to but that many spare cables. I will just order a couple of them for spares.

Pumps - I will rename and make sure that they are setup as two separate names. This should show up as 2 pumps.

One other STRANGE question - is there a way I can get a AQ5 Pro and LT and integrate them together and see the data on one version of the 2012 software suite?

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »audiophile20« (5. Oktober 2012, 03:01)

Freitag, 5. Oktober 2012, 06:06

For 7 channels of fans you need One Aquaero and three PA2s, not 4. Sorry, I missed that before. Also, this would let you get away with only One PA2 black face plate 53087.
Each of the fan channels will be able to be controlled seperatly, all the fans on each channel will operate at the same voltages so they will run at the same speed. The PA2s will show up as Fan 5, Fan 6, Fan 7 in AS2012 and on the Aquaero itself.
As for the STRANGE Question, you are talking about using a LT as a "Slave" to the PRO. You are not Strange. Many other users have had this idea, and the AquaComputer guys have said this will happen, eventually The Hardware is capable of this already, but the firmware and software is not yet ready. It is on the famous "List of things to do" for the programmers. Poor guys. Talk about job security!
But that is for controlling the fan and other input/output functions of the LT from a PRO or XT as if the LT was just a big PA2. ie use a temperature sensor connected to LT as input for a fan channel controlled from the PRO and operating the output as fan channel 5 attached to the LT. Like I said, this is not ready yet.
However...........
AS2012 does controll two or more Aquaero 5s at the same time. No extra setup required. AS2012 will identify and control multiple AQ5s based on the unit serial number internally.
So to answer your question, yes, you could buy a AQ5 LT and use it to control the extra three fan channels, but you would have to set them up using a temperature sensor connected to the LT, not the PRO. Which is not a problem in your case (pun intended) as you want to run four groups of fans for case inlet/outlet air flow.
Just understand that the LT and PRO will not share data and outputs with each other, (YET) but they can both be controlled from the same AS2012.
Unfortunatly, I do not remember seeing any one talk about how the bay mount hardware included with the LT works out. I THINK (Guess) that the mounting hardware will let you put the AQ5 LT in a 5.25 drive bay, and then it is just a matter of leaving the blank bay cover for your case in place to cover it up. But again, in your CASE, it should not be an issue. Also, I do not think you need a water block for the LT. Just put as many fans on the PRO as possiable, and the LT should be fine with the passive heat sink. And if not, you can run your rig while you wait for the second water block from Side winder computers or othe supplier state side and avoid the import fees. (Assuming that you are not in Europe some where) Just remember that one fan running at minimum speed (ie Voltage) will make more heat in the AQ5 controller than the same fan running at max speed.
So yes, go ahead and save a bit of money and get a AQ5 LT instead of the PA2s. Use the LT to control case fans as a seperate function from the water cooling loop. The AquaComputer guys will come up with the sotware eventually to control the LT as a "Slave" to the PRO. And even if they do not, I do not really see it as a problem, because you could just stay the way you are/will be, or experiment with useing the Tacho Out from the PRO as a Flow sensor input to the LT. Then set up an alarm on the PRO such that when radiator fans are maxed out and temps are going up, or if case ambient temp goes high, the PRO turns off the tacho output. Then you can set an alarm action on the LT so that if flow = zero, the LT will switch fans to a higher speed. Unfortunatly, switching profiles based on alarm conditions is obviously a feature of AS2012, but it is not quite ready for prime time. Specifically, I set a Profile such that the RED LED was on in one profile, and Blue in anouther. Then I set an alarm condition to switch between the two profiles. I could force the alarm condition in and out, but the RGB LED did not change. I tried with fan speeds, and also no effect. I suspect the command "LOAD profile X if alarm 4 is active" has not yet been installed in the AS2012 software. Which is probably why we are still in Beta mode on the AS2012 program. Personally, I think AQ5 LT "slave mode" will be a feature of Aqua suite 2012 v 2.0, not 1.0. AS2012 b 16 is almosat two months old, so I suspect (hope) the developers have been busy fixing the bugs/loose ends in b16, and will issue a final beta soon, and then the official AS2012 v 1.0. Then I think the devlopers will be packed off to a nice long rest in a padded room, and then get around to the slave mode and other things like making the Multi Switch work properly with AS 2012. Incidently, I mis stated the Multi switch capabilities earlier. You can use the 12v PWM outputs of the Multi Switch with AS2012, but only turn them on/off not control them in 26 steps like the old software did. Also there is no script function available for AS2012 and the Multi Switch. AS2012 will control the PWM (on/off only) x8, the 5v LED outputs on/off x8 and the relay on/off, but they can only be set to operate based on a temperature sensor controller or a differnt "Profile"
Enough rambeling spelling mistakes.
If you go with the LT instead of PA2s, you can reduce the four wire plitters necessary by one, but you will still need two at a minimum, and three instead of four four wire extension cables. You do not need to buy extra three wire cables, they come with everything you are buying, and the appear to breed in captivity. I swear that every time I go into the computer cable drawer in my parts room I find more and more of the critters.
One other thing, MAKE SURE YOU WRITE DOWN WHICH TEMP SENSORS AND FANS ARE CONNECTED TO WHERE on the AQ5. As a fun part of the Beta Tester mode of AS2012, some beta version upgrades wipe out all of the names and settings for sensors and fans etc. It is a lot easier to dig out a piece of paper than it is to tear the rig apart to find out radiator #1 coolant outlet temp sensor goes to temp 2 header on AQ5. (Personal experiance)

Freitag, 5. Oktober 2012, 14:34

Good explanation. Thank you. Based on our conversations I my thinking is no PA2s at all in the set-up. Following are the options:

Option-1 - XT + PAs
+ Full integration today
- Not as cost effective solution
- Bit more wire management to deal with .. but not insurmountable

Option-2 - XT + LT (can even get 2 and still be cost effective as compared to XT + a bunch of PA2s)
+ Cost effective (compared to Option-1)
+ All the channels one could want (at least in my case)
+ All the sensor inputs one needs and more!
- Not completely integrated - need to wait for "Slave" function - may take some time (6months or longer?)
- Setup is a bit fragmented

Finally, with my sincere gratitude to you patience and clear/lengthy explanations, I am picturing my set-up as described below (based on Option-2 from above):

1. ZONE-1 = AQ 5 Pro - Main purpose is to manage all blocks/coolant temp management functions
  • 2 D% Pumps "daisy chained" via Aquabus (complete Pump management)
  • Sensors for Coolant temp, CPU temps (via software integration), Ambient temp
  • All fan channels as related to Coolant temp management ( Fans for Rad1, Rad2, Exhaust)

2. ZONE-2 = AQ 5 LT - Main purpose is to manage all case temp fans
  • Manage (right side of case) hard drive fans with temp sensors connected to provide feedback
  • Manage (left side of case) mainly manages case temp where memory sits - the 32GB Corsair memory does run a bit on the warm side

Couple of final questions please:
1. When running Aquasuite 2012 will the AQ 5 Pro and LT show up as 2 separate devices?
2. How do you switch b/w the devices? I guess I will need to download the devices and see how that will work?
3. Any other pitfalls I am not planning for?

Else, please bless the parts list below and I will order these after Monday next week.

1. 1x - AA5 Pro - 53090
2. 1x - AA5 LT -
3. 1x - AA5 Pro Black face plate - 53091
4. 1x - AA5 LT Black face plate -
5. 2x - Waterblock - 53093 (it is a water cooled set-up after all -- just get them done at the same time)
6. 1x - High Flow USB Sensor - 53129
7. 2x - AC D5 w/ Aquabus interface - 41903 (I want to be able to see each D5 pump as a separate device, so connecting via Aquabus)
8. 5x - Inline temp sensor - 53066 (tube style)
9. 1x - AQ Filter with Stainless Steel mesh - 34018 + 93637 (extra filter)
10. 3x - Aquabus connector cable - 53122 (maybe 1 spare) (NOTE: These are for the D5 Pumps. From what I have read so far, the pumps do not come with this cable.)
11. 1x - Pressure equalization membrane - 53138 (tall version)
12. 7x - Fan consolidation/stacking PCBs (made by ModMyToys) NOTE: This will be in-lieu of the break-out fan cables.)

Freitag, 5. Oktober 2012, 16:53

The slave device function is already finished since a while and will be available with the next release in around two weeks.

Each device is listed as a tab within the aquasuite so you can easily switch between them like you would switch between applications in Windows.

To connect the flow sensor and D5 pumps you will need three y-adapters (#53124) to get 4 aquabus highspeed ports:

1.) flow sensor
2.) AE5 LT slave device
3.) D5 pump #1
4.) D5 pump #2

Freitag, 5. Oktober 2012, 17:01

Thanks Shoggy! you do really need to advertise your product functionality more. Just as Martin wrote in his review, this is an awesome product. If we could get some more English documentation out there and a bit more advertisement - you should be able to see everything you make and more.

Any chance you can give a quick glace of the parts list and confirm I am good.

By the way Larry has gone "way out of his way" to assist. A HUGE Thanks to him. :thumbsup:

Freitag, 5. Oktober 2012, 18:45

Shoggy,

I want to make sure when you say that the 'Slave' function works, that all the connected fans, pumps, etc. can be managed in a single pool? If the devices are listed as separate does that mean that only the devices connected to specific XT, LT, etc. will have to be managed within the scope of the XT or LT or Pro and not across the XT, LT and Pro?

I hope I am getting my thoughts across correctly.

Please let us know.

Freitag, 5. Oktober 2012, 20:55

I knew there was a reason Shoggy has been so silent. He has been watching the Programers to make sure we all get what We asked for! (Probably not, but what the Heck, SOME ONE deserves the credit for making the Master/Slave thing happen!).
@audiophile20, I think you are golden with option 2. Based on past experiances with AS2012 betas, some things will work out better than we dreamed, and others not so much. But it does get sorted out eventually.
PS, remember when I suggested getting extra cables? I just installed my mps 100 flow sensor and find myself shoirt a Y connector. Argh!

Freitag, 5. Oktober 2012, 23:56

Larry,

Excellent. I am good to go and the order goes out Tuesday. Thx again for your kind input.

Regarding the cable, lol, isn't that always the case? We have more than what we need and never what we want right type or the length. Good luck on the project.

Montag, 8. Oktober 2012, 10:04

I want to make sure when you say that the 'Slave' function works, that all the connected fans, pumps, etc. can be managed in a single pool?
The slave device will act a bit like you would connect 4 poweradjust controllers. You will get 4 additional fan outputs and temperature sensor. Everything else on the slave device can not be used.

Samstag, 20. Oktober 2012, 00:30

Larry or Shoggy-

Ok .. all the parts have been ordered.

But now everyone in the US is out of stock on the Waterblock for the Aquaero!!! I was able to source 1 maybe I will get another, but will have to wait for the 3rd for a while it looks like.

Now one other question about the connections .. Larry I know you answered this and I am going to clarify again .. sorry for being a bit slow on this one.

1. I connect the AQ Pro, LT1, LT2 - via the Aquabus connection.
2. Now what do I do with the 2 D5 pumps? There is an Aquabus terminal but I am not sure how to connect them with the system?
2.1. I can connect via USB internal - then I will not use the Aquabus interface -- what am I loosing?
2.2 . There is only 2 Aquabus terminals on the Pro .... what am I missing?

Please advice. Thank you!

Samstag, 20. Oktober 2012, 03:30

A big thanks to Shoggy and the team for the master/slave functionality. I don't plan on using it right now, but it's great to know this is in the software and might well get me to buy another aquaero at some point.

Montag, 22. Oktober 2012, 09:47

Zitat

1. I connect the AQ Pro, LT1, LT2 - via the Aquabus connection.
I am not sure if you got this wrong. You can only use ONE aquaero 5 LT as slave device. It will not work with two devices.

Zitat

2. Now what do I do with the 2 D5 pumps? There is an Aquabus terminal but I am not sure how to connect them with the system?
You will need two aquabus 4-pin cables and an aquabus 4-pin splitter to connect them to the aquaero.

Zitat

2.1. I can connect via USB internal - then I will not use the Aquabus interface -- what am I loosing?
You would only win because the aquabus is always limited in its range of function compared to the USB. The advantage of using the quabus is that you have everything together in one spot and you can can monitor/control it directly in the aquaero.

Zitat

2.2 . There is only 2 Aquabus terminals on the Pro .... what am I missing?
You can connect several devices to the same port but you will need y-adapters to do this. Please also note that both ports are different: low speed (for tubemeter and multiswitch) and high speed (all other devices).

Ordered the parts but now looks like i have other problems!

Montag, 29. Oktober 2012, 09:05

Shaggy,

Thanks for the post. But I have more open QUESTIONS,

1. I have now 1 AQ 5 Pro and 2 LTs in my possession. But if I understand your previous post you are saying that will not work? How can I use these together in the same setup? I need the extra channels please. Do I need to move to Power adjusts? OR can I just use the second LT as an independent device in Aquasuite software?

2. I have also received 3 AQ water-blocks. I am using Monsoon fitting 3/8 I.D. 5/8 O.D. Compression Fittings and I cannot get the outer compression rings to fit! What is the max allowed fitting size? I assumed that all G1/4 fittings will fit, but that is obviously no the case here?

3. I have a case labs M10 case and cannot fit the AQ Pro properly into the fitting, with the provided bracket! I have mounted a LG Blu-ray drive and Icydock hot swap bay without any problems, but AQ 5 wil not fit flush. Looks like the bracket supplied is about 2mm too wider than the standard 5 3/4 drive opening? Is this a manufacturing issue with the bracket?

Can someone please provide some insight?

Thank you.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »audiophile20« (29. Oktober 2012, 09:18)

Montag, 29. Oktober 2012, 10:34

You can flash one of the LT devices as a slave but the second one can be only used as a regular aquaero. Of course you can control all of them in the software at the same time.

The largest fittings from our shop that can be used is the G1/4" 13/10mm variant.

With the mounting bracket I am not quite sure if that is a compatibility problem with the case or a faulty mounting bracket from the aquaero.

Montag, 29. Oktober 2012, 12:50

Shoggy-

Thanks for the fast response. Appreciate that very much.

1. Ok, now I understand. My fittings are too big for the block. I am getting some G1/4 extenders by Swiftech (17mm in diameter, looks like it will fit the block) and will put my fittings on them and that should resolve the issue. I am hoping that the block mount will hold the weight :) Also, maybe it will help, if the max fittings sizes are provided in the documentation up front. That might help new-bees like us to be better prepared for the adventure :-)

2. As to the LT - I can live with the LT being independent, at least given my set-up. I am controlling case temps and I will manage one cabin temp with the separate LT. That should resolve the issue.

3. Mounting brackets - I cannot complain that my case is an issue. I have mounted other devices and they all work. Now I cannot mount my AQ Pro and that might be an issue. Any suggestion on solution? Please let me know.

I have 3 fittings and I have tried 2 of them both have the same problem. So I would have to assume, as these are sourced out of China, this might be a manufacturing defect. Particularly, the bend at the front of the bracket is not at 90Degrees but more of a radius(ed) curve. The curve adds some length to the sides and that seems to be difference.

Any chance this can be fixed? I shudder to think that I will have to ship these $10 parts back to Germany for trouble shooting :)

Any suggestions you might have will be most appreciated!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »audiophile20« (29. Oktober 2012, 13:21)

Montag, 29. Oktober 2012, 15:06

Maybe you can provide a photo where the problem is visible?