• 20.04.2024, 01:26
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Advice on new setup.

Montag, 8. Oktober 2012, 17:00

Hello all.

I want to build a new water cooled system. Is been so long sense I built one and everything has changed.
I am looking for an advice on what setup should I go with. I would like to stick with aqua computer for sure :)
Right now I own a aquaero 5 XT so I wanted to be compatible with that.
I also know that I would like it to be ether modular if possible and with quick detach instead of clamps....

My current specs.

EVGA Z68 SLI Micro.
Core i5 2500k
EVGA 470 GTX
Enermax 980 Revolution 85+ Gold PSU
Corsair Dominator DDR3
Corsair Graphite 600T Case.

I would like to cool the Vid card and CPU and if possible NB/SB

Any recommendations from the expert on where I should start?

TIA!

Philio

Dienstag, 9. Oktober 2012, 16:57

I'm not an expert on all the Aquacomputer kit as I'm just using monitoring kit (AQ5, in-line temp sensors and flow meters) and pumps, but if you're cooling a single GPU and CPU you'll probably want at least a triple radiator and a pump with a reasonable flow rate.

Simplest way to connect your pump to the AQ5 is to use an Aquabus pump which leaves you with the choice of the Aquastream XT or the D5.

The inline internal/external G 1/4" temp sensors are fantastic and you can just connect them between the block and connector and hook them up to your AQ5, same with a flow sensor (there are Aquabus variants available too but I'm not really sure if there is a big advantage to use these when you can connect to the AQ5 regardless).

Personally wouldn't bother water cooling a passively cooled motherboard, they don't really generate much heat and it will reduce the cooling efficiency of your loop on the more important parts.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Philio« (9. Oktober 2012, 16:58)

Mittwoch, 10. Oktober 2012, 14:58

You are looking for a basic, simple little system, or a basic simple system with good parts that can grow into a monster system in the future? The Aquaero 5 XT is a little over kill, but the good news is that you can keep it for a long time and just move it with you into a newer more powerful computer some time in the future.

The "plug and Cool" fittings Aquacmputer sells work just fine. They are a liitle small for a high power rig, 8mm od and 6mm id, but with a good pump you get plenty of flow which is what matters. Just make sure you get the PUR hose. No barbs or compression fittings with plug and cool, just cut the hose and push it in firmly. Done. If it leaks, just push harder and the pull out again a little bit and it stops.

If you can, get one of the Aqualis resiviours with nano coating. With a micro motherboard and a 600 case there should be room for it. And I would get the D5 pump for it with level sensor built in. The pump is way more than you really need, but it will be ready when you add more powerful computer parts. Also, that 6000 pump Aquacomputer sells with the Aqualis is plenty of pump for your application, and a bit less expensive. I just dont have any personal experiance with it. It does not really matter what kind of resiviour you get, anything that looks good in your opinion will be just fine. But the Aqualis is built so that a level sensor can be included, and that is worth a lot in my opinion.

The cooling blocks for the CPU and Graphics cards are very important, but just get ones that look good and are priced right for you. You are not running the most high powered chips out there, and you did not say you are over clocking, so you do not need the absolute best blocks, just ones that work. Aquacomputer makes very good ones if a bit flow restrictive, but they are just fine with a good strong pump.

inline water temperature sensors are almost a must have. I suggest three, one on the CPU outlet, one on the graphics card outlet and one on the radiator outlet. Also a flow meter is a really good idea. The mps 100 will be just fine, because a flow between 5. and 1.3 l/min will keep your stuff cool. Or go with the mps 200, if you want to to watch the Aqualis waterfall effect.

I agree a 3x120 radiator is a good idea. You can probably just use a smaller 2x120, but the fan noise will be a bit louder, the bigger the radiator, the slower the fans can run, and the less noise you get.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Mittwoch, 10. Oktober 2012, 15:05

Guys thank you very much this are awesome recommendations!
I am looking to buying ti from aquatunning so I think ill go with this recommendations.