• 20.04.2024, 07:40
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

AC D5 Pump mounting query

Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2012, 13:13

G'day

I have a question about mounting the D5 pump in a Bay reservoir .
I currently have a Koolance RP-452X2 Reservoir Dual bay Rev 2.0 , that holds 2x D5 pumps.

Looking at the AC D5 pump manual is says the D5 can't be mounted with the rotor down.
With the Koolance res, the mounting for the pumps is with the rotor down . I have had no problems with the Bay res using some old D5 pumps.

My question is, I am getting 2 new AC D5 USB pumps next week, But what is wrong with mounting the new AC D5 USB pumps with rotor ( Impeller) down ?

Cheers

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WraithGTO« (18. Oktober 2012, 13:19)

Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2012, 16:23

The rotor is not down with these reservoirs, it is sidewards.

When point really downwards you would get problems. Even Laing itself does not recommend that and there is a simple reason: air which goes into the pump will stuck at the top and can not easily escape anymore. At a specific amount of air the top of the axis is not surrounded by water anymore.

Well another one with you Wraith-

Samstag, 20. Oktober 2012, 00:17

Wraith-

I am in the same boat! Just got the Koolance res and have also ordered the AQ D5 with USB interface. The pumps are being delivered tomorrow or next week!

Shoggy-

Does this mean that the D5 from AQ will not mount / work well with this res? Given Koolance has D5 Vario version (also sold by AQ) mounted and operating (please see attachment - this is the manual showing how the pumps are mounted) I am confused by your comment.

Please let me know what I should expect.

Thanks!

manual_rp-452x2rev2_d100eng.pdf

Samstag, 20. Oktober 2012, 11:56

G'day

Shoggy you must be referring to The Koolance RP-452X2 Reservoir for PMP-450/S Pumps Rev.1.3

My Reservoir is the Rev 2.0, which the pumps sit with the rotor down
I have the same Res as audiophile20 has linked above

Montag, 22. Oktober 2012, 09:51

The way it is mounted in the PDF from audiophile20 is not recommend - no matter if it is our D5 or any other variant.

Montag, 22. Oktober 2012, 12:34

From the D5 manufacturer website concerning pump installation positions:

The full PDF for the D5 pump is here FYI: http://documentlibrary.xylemappliedwater…2/08/IM-17A.pdf

Website link: http://unitedstates.xylemappliedwater.co…ing-thermotech/

Is the reservoir supposed to be mounted into a bay as shown in the PDF from audiophile or is it shown upside down to illustrate how to attach the pumps to the reservoir? Is there anything else in the documentation to suggest the orientation of the reservoir installed into a computer case bay? It seems too much of an obvious design error but it might be worth asking Koolance directly to clarify on this question ...