• 27.04.2024, 00:17
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquagratix 7970

Freitag, 19. Oktober 2012, 23:01

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for my next graphics card, a 7970, and obviously I am also looking for the application of an Aquagratix :P
In fact, it would be my 4th Aquacomputer waterblock for my card. :love:
I am aware to consider the reference PCB design which seems to be the only one which Aquagratix 7970 can fit on. For example, a bad experiment : Aquagratix passt nicht auf VTX3D HD7970 X-Edition
My problem at present is to find a card with the design reference. I saw that Sapphire has developped its Dual-X solution and left the reference PCB definitively. It seems to be the same case for other cards manufacturers.
So, could you give some ideas ? ?(
Thanks a lot, guys !!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Kyle XY« (19. Oktober 2012, 23:03)

Donnerstag, 25. Oktober 2012, 22:40

After no answer, I finally found a Sapphire HD 7970 on Amazon which has the reference design. I just received it today.

A question, then. Aquatuning sells a back plate associated to the waterblock. Does it have a special function other than giving more stiffness for the card ? On the back of the card, I don't see special components to cool down but soldering points, screw heads and few CMS components.
Do you have an idea ? Thanks a lot !

Freitag, 26. Oktober 2012, 09:20

Its only special function is: *bling* *bling* 8)

It does not help to get or better cooling performance or whatever.

Samstag, 27. Oktober 2012, 04:36

Hello Shoggy,
I thank you for your answer. :thumbsup:

By the way, do you know why there was an evolution from this design
http://www.hardwaremax.net/wasserkuehlun…owall=0&start=1
to this one
http://www.aquatuning.fr/product_info.ph…i-XT--G1-4.html
?
In the first case, 3D flow system seemed to guarantee a flow along all the VRM channel, while for the new design, 3D flow is shorter. How do it manage the flow in this channel ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Kyle XY« (27. Oktober 2012, 05:01)

Montag, 29. Oktober 2012, 10:04

It is pretty much the same. The HD7950 came after the HD7970 block and got the new design first. Since it was a bit stupid to have the better card with the older design we changed it also to the more modern design with the next batch.

Inside the VRM part the water runs in two different levels. So in the lower level it cools the VRM while in the upper level it runs back to the main block.

Dienstag, 30. Oktober 2012, 21:31

Danke !

If I'm not wrong in the translation :)