• 28.04.2024, 16:53
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

tpb211

Pressure Sensor

Freitag, 26. Oktober 2012, 22:58

I would like to add a pressure sensor to my loop to monitor performance of my loop and use it to advise me of filter status.
I am wondering which pressure sensor I should order, I would like to connect it to two "T" fittings with the High portion being connected after the pump, and the low connected after the filter.
Can you advise which sensor might work best for this use?

Sonntag, 28. Oktober 2012, 13:50

The correct sensor depends on the pump you have and the number of CPU/GPU water blocks in your loop.
One way to find out is to install the Tee connector on the outlet side of the pump with a LONG hose on it. Run the hose vertically up to as high as you can make it reach and put a bucket under it just in case. Then start the pump. Use a ruler and measure the difference in hight between the water in the long tube and the level in the res. Convert to millimeters, select sensor, install, done.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

tpb211

Donnerstag, 1. November 2012, 00:57

Thank you for the reply Larry. I am a little confused yet ?(
It is my intention to measure the pressure of my complete loop. Is picking out the the correct sensor based on:
1.) Total volume of liquid contained between the points of measurement
2.) Head generated by the pump (Max Head Pressure of my pump is 27.9 feet or 845.8cm [Pump is MCP35x2])
3.) Head generated by the pump after the resistance of the blocks in the loop
4.) None of the above
Thanks for your help guys!

Donnerstag, 1. November 2012, 03:26

Correct choice is item #2. Sort of.

The total head of 27.9 feet is the specification for the pump with no flow, ie. the outlet port is plugged.

I do not know what pressure you want to measure, but if it was me, I would measure the pressure difference between the pump outlet and the last CPU or GPU cooling block outlet side, or after the filter if that is the last thing in the loop.

This will be much less that 27.9 feet with flow through the Loop.

But the above is for measuring differential pressure. If you only want to measure the pressure at a specific point in the coolant loop. just use the hose connected to a Tee fitting and measure how high the water goes. I do recomend a bucket under the hose though.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.