• 25.04.2024, 04:30
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Airplex Modularity Rad liquid flow?? IN / OUT

Samstag, 27. Oktober 2012, 04:27

Hey guys
I have a couple of Airplex Modularity 480 mm.

Long story short: Two rads at the top of my case, next to each other, configured in series, when looking at them from the front, I will have the pump on the right and the Mobo on the left.
The way the flow is marked Im forced to make the liquid flow from left to right.
I was wondering,, do I have to use the outlets marked IN for incoming flow, and the same with OUT?
Or I can use them in reverse?

(I dont know the internals of the radiator, but if I could do that above, then my setup would look a lot cleaner and simpler)

Thanks!
Gobase

Sonntag, 28. Oktober 2012, 14:52

A Picture would help.
If you have the radiators only, and no pump included with the radiators, I cannot see why you could not use them with flow in either direction. The modular systems can be split so that there are two flow paths that are isolated from each other, so I would be a little careful about that.
If you have tow radiators without an internal pump, I do not think it is a problem which way flow goes through them. On the other hand, why not just flip them 180 degrees in the horizontal plane? then the connections will be on the correct sides.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Sonntag, 28. Oktober 2012, 22:27

I don't follow the IN/OUT label on the rad and it works fine.

Montag, 29. Oktober 2012, 03:07

Thanks guys!

I didnt want to flip them, because then the label would be upside down, and I didnt want that.
I took one of the rad apart today and indeed looks like the flow direction doesn't matter,, so I will revert that.

Thanks for your input!

GoBase