• 24.04.2024, 00:55
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

The old AC thread from the [H]ardForum

Samstag, 28. Juli 2007, 09:40

It appears that the AC thread from the [H]ardForum isn't coming back anytime soon. Since I seem to be the only one who has access to it I have decided to port it to here post by post. There was over 3,000 posts so it may take a while. :o

Please note that only substantive posts will be ported that would be of use to other AC users.

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Greetings most exalted ones...

I have no idea as to why the AC thread got dead threaded as there was no reason given. Mota said that "it was time" to dead thread the last one so that is thee answer. However, it is probably a good thing because that thread was getting so big that that it was difficult to find anything in there. However, so people don't have to go looking for it here is the link to the old thread and the one before it is located here.

So anyway I thought we would start a new one. The topic of discussion here is anything that pertains to the use, repair, or modding techniques of Aqua Computer products. Pictures of your systems or components are welcome.

So we don't have to discuss where you can get Aqua Computer gear please refer any distributor/retailer inquiries to the Aqua Computer authorized distibutors list as there are many companies listed all over the world.

Here are some AC links of interest:

Latest AC General manual in English. Covers most products through 2004.

Latest version 3.5 Aquastream Pump manual in English.

Aquaero Question and Answer Thread

Aquaero updating procedure courtesy of Shoggy.

Size might matter with your spouse, but it doesn't when choosing tube size.

Tips for installing Aquatubes

Tips for installing Evo grills

AC Aquastream / Aquaero info

Aqua Computer English Forum and complete directions to log on and use the forum.

Aqua Computer Germany Click the British flag on the right to see the site in English.

Aqua Computer video card and cooler info.

The reason to clean Cuplex blocks

Legris threads tutorial.

The impact of tubing size on your water cooling.

Legris fittings assembly techniques.

Tubing compatibility with Legris fittings.

Legris Flash tutorials.

The Great AC Multi-Tool Contest

Vendors for Euro cooling equipment.

Re: The old AC thread from the [H]ardForum

Samstag, 28. Juli 2007, 09:41

Aqua Computer Reviews:

Aqua Computer Premium water cooling kit

Cuplex and Cuplex Evo

Official AC video's: These video's are not 56K friendly unless otherwise noted...

Aquaero/Multiswitch/Tubemeter video

Making of the AquagraFX 6600 PCI-E

Making of the Aquaero

Making of the Cuplex Silver Edition

Cuplex Animation Sequence This is 56K friendly.

Making of the AquagrATIx 1900

Cuplex Animated Logo This is 56K friendly.

Link to more AC action

Some good looking AC projects:

Black Narcissus by Modsquad2. Winner of the A.C. Ryan Worklog Contest

Solyent Green by Modsquad2.

Frozen Fire by Firehed.

Sho Stopper by ShoNuff.

Case mod by cypher22.

Aquacomputer V2000 SLI by Aviddigi.

Project Stackers by SelRahc.

AC Project by fallguy.

Hydroponic Chamber by Zeal@t

Feeding Frenzy by Top Nurse

If you know of any other Aqua Computer projects PM me and I will add them.

So let the mayhem begin.

Samstag, 28. Juli 2007, 09:42

I have made some changes to my original idea to mount two Aquastream controllers onto one Aquaero. Essentially I added a 1" female stand-off between the 1st and second controllers instead of using the 3/4" length I previously used. This was done so I could easily get the 10 pin ribbon cable in and out without disassembling the assembly. I also added some # 6 nylon washers where I though there might be an electrical issue on the 3.5 controller. Another solution to fix this would be by using just a 6-32 binder head nylon screw. Here are the pics of the completed assembly:

Samstag, 28. Juli 2007, 09:45

Posted by theseeker:

TN, any word from AC about the new NB block? I really miss my NB cooler, as the current Cuplex will not fit on my DFI board.

Samstag, 28. Juli 2007, 09:56

hoobie7: Anybody know when their 7800 waterblock will be finished and available in the U.S.?

theseeker:TN, any word from AC about the new NB block? I really miss my NB cooler, as the cuurent Cuplex will not fit on my DFI board.

Have no idea. Last thing I heard was that their CNC mill was in need of repair and that all new products will be delayed. I really don't understand that as I used to work in the machine tool business many moons ago and it usually doesn't take a long time to get a machine back up and running unless it needs some difficult to obtain part. Perhaps Shoggy will jump in and enlighten us.

BTW, if you want me to add anymore AC links to the first post just PM me.

Samstag, 28. Juli 2007, 09:58

Happy Hopping: Well, at least the word "The" is spelled right this time. It's very annoying to view a 100+ pages thread in which the guy can't even spell.

Samstag, 28. Juli 2007, 10:00

Happy Hopping: "Well, at least the word "The" is spelled right this time. It's very annoying to view a 100+ pages thread in which the guy can't even spell."

TN: I thought of you as I was posting the title ;D

Samstag, 28. Juli 2007, 10:02

J-Mag:

I have a decision to make and maybe someone else can point me in the proper direction.

I am trying to find the best way to mount this evo 1800 to the back of my desk:

Can I mount it this direction and then fill it?

Or will I have to fill it this direction?

Btw disregard the UP in the above picture up is actually ^^^^^^^ , i was just to lazy to remaster the image because the skills needed to recreate this master work in paint are extremely difficult to summon forth.

Or does it not matter?

Also the side that has the 4 mounting holes which are m4 threaded is also the side in which the fittings come out. SO i need some decent clearance. Also having more distance between the Radiator and the Desk i am mounting it to will help air flow.

Anyway I looked on McMaster-Carr and they have some M4 Hex stand offs but their maximum length is 31mm. Product number: 93655A724

Now in order to get proper clearance I could use 3 or 4 connected together but it just seems wrong using 12 or 16 standoffs for a job that 4 could do.

Anyone know where I could acquire some longer m4 standoffs?

Also, is steel absolutely necessary or would aluminum work too ( i know the evo 1800 will probably get rather heavy when full).

Samstag, 28. Juli 2007, 10:04

Top Nurse:

Well I think when you first fill it I would set it so the water comes in at the bottom and flows out of the top. Then it will push all the air out as it fills. ;D After you bleed it I don't think it will make any difference how you mount it. As for the stand-off's I have no idea, but I don't see why aluminum would be a problem as they make ICBM's, helicopters, attack fighters, and an assorted sundry of items that need high strength from it.

Samstag, 28. Juli 2007, 10:12

J-M-E:

I had a question about bleeding and filling my system.

I have 2 loops, and have decided to use a Danger Den fill and bleed port on both of them

One will be : DD Fill and bleed port -> AT ->....

That is pretty straightforeward, I just put a tube in the top of the AT, going to the port.

The other will be : DD Fill and bleed port ->...

no resivoir.

So on the second loop, ill need a T fitting to connect the fill port to the loop. Are there any other ways to do it? Is a fill port my only option?

Now heres the part im worried about: Bleeding the system. How do I siphon water out of the bleed\fill port? Is that the only way to bleed the system or is there something easier?

Remember im using 3\8" ID tubing

Samstag, 28. Juli 2007, 10:14

J-M-E:

So on the second loop, ill need a T fitting to connect the fill port to the loop. Are there any other ways to do it? Is a fill port my only option?

Top Nurse:

I have run my Fillport into the back of my Aquatube using a 3/8 barb stuck in the back. Other than that the best way is the way you are doing it now. The DD Fillport is natively the same diameter tubing that you are using so the regular T fitting will work great.

J-M-E:

Now heres the part im worried about: Bleeding the system. How do I siphon water out of the bleed\fill port? Is that the only way to bleed the system or is there something easier? Remember im using 3\8" ID tubing.

Top Nurse:

Why would you need to siphon water out of your system? When you fill it up the air will come back into the T line and up to your Fillport. The only other way to fill and bleed the system is pretty messy. You would have to fill all parts and work from the bottom of the case to the top adding tubes and water as you go. As I said a real PITA and you would still have to bleed the air out. So just do it the regular way.

Dienstag, 31. Juli 2007, 08:51

Sorry, but that's the end of this thread. Some a-hole at the [H] deleted the thread last night. >:(

Donnerstag, 2. August 2007, 13:13

They didn´t want it to be copied i guess. ::)

Samstag, 4. August 2007, 00:53

Zitat von »Stefan«

They didn´t want it to be copied i guess. ::)

Not surprising, but I think they are acting like little babies. My guess is that they really haven't deleted the thread as vBulletin allows you to make a thread disappear without actually deleting it. Perhaps some where down the line they will make it available again.

I was able to save some of the other threads before they made them disappear so I will be posting those as I get a chance. :)

Mittwoch, 22. August 2007, 20:47

It appears that the [H]ardForum doesn't like the links that are in this thread. The ones started by me are not available, but even the ones that weren't started by me get white screens indicative of this site being specifically banned by them for linking purposes.

A work around is to click the link and copy the url. Then go to the [H]ardForum and paste your url into the browser and hit enter. Then the threads started by other people should come up.