• 27.04.2024, 20:40
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

bern43

Aquaero 5 XT faceplate replacement question

Dienstag, 30. Oktober 2012, 02:05

I'm in the process of hooking up my Aquaero 5 XT and am trying to swap out the faceplate. I've taken the screws out but the silver faceplate doesn't want to separate from the PCB. It's almost as if it's glued on there. There's actually a sticky residue on the sides. Any tips for swapping this thing out?

Thanks!

Dienstag, 30. Oktober 2012, 10:04

You are right, the cover is glued to the touch controller.

There is no special trick to exchange the cover. You will have to use some force to take it off. Try to make your way around the corners by using your finger nails or an edgeless item.

tpb211

Donnerstag, 1. November 2012, 00:17

Yikes!!!
Before you seperate the stock silver face from the PCB it's glued onto check to make sure the replacement is identical. The Black replacement face that I purchased arrived having a round circle for the IR verses the stock faceplates notch. (See Photo - click to enlarge) The plexi window on my stock unit is not rectangular but includes the IR portion. The only way I have been able to use the black faceplate is to lay it on top of the silver and screw it down. Shoggy Do I have a miscut piece?

Donnerstag, 1. November 2012, 14:32

No, there are two different versions available. It seems you ordered the wrong one.