• 28.04.2024, 00:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Zikster

Aquaero 5 LT as Slave

Freitag, 9. November 2012, 16:07

I have read in another thread that the software has been updated to allow the Aquaero 5 LT to be used as a slave device and I have a few questions.

My plan was to use 2 Aquaero 5 LT's. One as Master the other as a slave. Is this now possible? If not will it be possible in the future?
I am making my own cables for my build and I also have an MPS 400 flow sensor. The flow sensor needs a 4 pin connection to the Aquabus. Will the Slave LT device also need a 4 pin connection or will it get all its power from the connected molex? Should I make a splitter that will give the MPS a 4 pin connection and the slave LT a 3 pin connection from the Master LT's high aquabus connector?

Please let me know if there is anything wrong with my assumptions.
Thanks!

Freitag, 9. November 2012, 16:15

The Software/Firmware Update is due in a few days time I beleive..

As far as I know (& I could be wrong) to use an LT as a slave it needs to be connected to either an Aquaero Pro or an Aquaero XT. It cannot be connected to another LT as a slave unit..
If that is infact incoorect I'm sure someone will come along & put it right.. But I think thats how it works :)..

N.

Zikster

Freitag, 9. November 2012, 16:20

Thanks for the responce!

I thought that all the products use the same PCB, other then the added faceplate PCB and the IR Component for the remote. I have no access to a front 5.25" panel that that's why I have stuck to the LT's.

I suppose if it is a problem I woulld just have to pick up a pair of PA's instead. ;)

Freitag, 9. November 2012, 16:37

You could well be right...Just tried to find the thread I thought I'd read that the slave unit needed to be connected to a Pro or XT.. But couldn't find it.. So maybe I dreamt it ;)....
Hang on a little while & I'm sure someone will put us right :0..
N.

Freitag, 9. November 2012, 23:25

Guys

Just one thing, the other day I asked Shoggy about the Slave feature, he said it was coming soon (two weeks or so),, but he explicitly said:
"Do not connect the Slave unit until the software-firmware is upgraded, you will damage from Units"

Just so you know.
I also have an XT and a LT for Slave use, but I havent connected yet as per Shoggy recommendation.

GB

Zikster

Freitag, 9. November 2012, 23:32

Thanks for that warning GB, I will make sure not to connect it until we have more information on the new firmware.

Do you have any information as to how the Aquabus connection should be made? As in should it be a 4 pin or 3 pin cable?

Samstag, 10. November 2012, 00:04

The Aquabus itself is a three wire connection for both High and Low speed ports.

Wire #4 in the four pin cables is to supply 5vdc power to various components that do not get 5vdc from somewhere else. For example, the AquaComputer D5 pumps with USB/Aquabus connections needs the four wire cable between the pump electronics and the High Speed Aquabus port UNLESS the USB cable is plugged in between the pump and the Motherboard, if the USB cable is plugged in, a three wire Aquabus cable can be used. Both cables can be left connected at the same time. But one of them must be connected to supply 5vdc to the controller.

The same is true for the mps flow/pressure sensors and the Tubemeter.

As to the master slave Aquaero, since both ot them will have 5vdc supplied from the computer PSU through the four pin molex connector, I suspect that the connection can be made with a three wire cable between the two unit High speed aquabus ports.

Best to wait for expert (ie A Shoggy) statement on that though.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Zikster

Samstag, 10. November 2012, 06:16

Thanks for your input Larry. I was aware that the 4th pin is 5v that's why I wanted to make sure not to supply the slave LT with the 5v as I was afraid it might cause damage. :whistling:

Does the low Aquabus also provide 5v on the 4th pin? Is it possible for me to make a 4 pin cable for the Tubemeter as well? I purchased the Tubemeter cable that came with a 3 pin cable for the Aquabus, as well as a molex cable spliced into the 4th pin to provide 5v. Could I instead just make a 4 pin cable to provide that 5v from the low Aquabus?

Samstag, 10. November 2012, 11:39

Yep, the four pin cable between Low speed Aquabus and tubemeter works just fine.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Montag, 12. November 2012, 09:07

The slave device option is available with the next update. With the current aquasuite version it is not possible.

Zikster

Montag, 12. November 2012, 14:13

Once the slave option is available will it support LT Master with LT slave? Also will the Aqaubus connection from master to slave be via a 3 pin or 4 pin cable?
Thanks

Zikster

Montag, 12. November 2012, 16:59

Also I am having a hard time finding any aluminum heat sinks in stock at US retailers. Is there a hold up on this items for some reason?
I am planning on spltting the load between the 2 LT units like so:

Master LT:
Fan Channel 1: 1 A (4 * .19 A fans, pull .25 on startup)
Fan Channel 2: Empty
Fan Channel 3: 1 A (4 * .19 A fans, pull .25 on startup)
Fan Channel 4: PWM control of mcp 35x pump

Slave LT:
Fan Channel 1: 0.64 A (4 * .13 A fans, pull .16 on startup)
Fan Channel 2: 0.48 A (3 * .13 A fans, pull .16 on startup)
Fan Channel 3: 0.64 A (4 * .13 A fans, pull .16 on startup)
Fan Channel 4: PWM control of mcp 35x pump

I plan on having the fans run at 4.5 volts so it will be producing a lot of heat, I tested the Slave configuration on my current LT unit and it didnt hit the thermal limit of 95c and I have no cooler on the VR's at all. I would like to add the aluminum heat sinks though just to be safe.

Shoggy does this all look alright to you? I am well under the limitations of each channel and the Aquaero 5 as a whole so I am thinking I am alright.

Dienstag, 13. November 2012, 12:27

You can also use an aquaero 5 LT as master. You can use the 3 or 4 pin cable but I recommend to use the 3 pin cable.

Your setup will not work because the PWM function on the slave device is not working. You just have four normal fan outputs with an analog voltage regulation.

Zikster

Dienstag, 13. November 2012, 14:51

Thanks for the info Shoggy, that helps me a lot! :thumbsup:

My Pump is a MCP35x2. Will I be ok splicing the PWM signal to the master PWM header on the master LT then feeding a rpm wire to channel 4 on each unit? That way I know both pumps are running, I dont want to run them at different speeds anyway.

Also any word on the heatsinks for the LT? Seems strange that so many shops are out of stock on this item! ?(

Will I be ok running the LT's without any cooling other then a fan blowing towards it untill I can find the heat sink in stock in the US?
Thanks again Shoggy!

tpb211

Dienstag, 13. November 2012, 18:27

With the MCP35x2 you use the included Y cable that comes with the MCP35x2 which gives you 1, 4pin PWM output and 1 3pin output. (see manual included with the MCP35X2). The single 4pin PWM controls both pumps and reports rpms for pump 1, the second 3pin reports rpm for pump 2. I would strongly recommend using the included Y with the MCP35x2 vs using a 4pin Y.
Shoggy, when using LT as a slave is PWM on the slave not possible?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »tpb211« (13. November 2012, 18:29)

Zikster

Dienstag, 13. November 2012, 20:08

Yea I just realized now that you mentioned it that I was describing the very same cable that comes with the pumps. That cable is essentially a Y cable on the 4th (PWM) pin, with each pump having its own independant rpm wire.

And it does seem from Shoggy's response that it is not possible to use the 4th channel on the slave as PWM, only as voltage regulation.

That is dissapointing, is there any plans on a software update that allows using the PWM channel as PWM in the future?

Dienstag, 13. November 2012, 22:25

Aquasuite 2012 -1 shows support for Master/Slave function.
Why do people insist on running MCP35X via PWM?
Variable voltage control works better, that is why it is a High priority function of Aquacomputer products.

Zikster

Dienstag, 13. November 2012, 22:37

Can you explain why the 35x runs better with voltage regulation instead of PWM?

From what I understand there are 2 version of PWM one involves just modulating a 12 volt signal to slow down RPM's. Ive heard this method is worse then voltage regulation and can cause strange noises on fans.

The second version of PWM actually involves a signal that is used by a controler on the device being controlled. Ive heard this type of PWM works fine.

Other then that it is much easier to drive the 35x pump using a 5v pwm signal vs 12v at 1.5A... pretty much requires a PA with a dedicated fan for cooling... so the reasoning is pretty simple to me why PWM is better for a PWM designed device.