• 18.04.2024, 07:21
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Disassembly the Aqualis XT, how?

Freitag, 9. November 2012, 23:44

Guys
I bought a AquaComputer Aqualis XT Scratch Resistance Reservoir w/ Fill Level Sensor and LED Holder, G1/4 - Nano Coated (34042)
Came with a Manual and some cables inside the actual reservoir, so im figuring how to open it up so I can use it.
The Aqualis manual says:

Disassembly and reassembly of the reservoir
To remove the top, turn the top counter-clockwise. After
removing the top, the glass tube can easily be removed. Take
care not to lose the gaskets.

I tried, but it is super hard,, I dont know if I should take the membrane out with a tool, before I actually turn the top.
Sorry, silly question,, this thing is Glass, I dont want to take chances.
Thanks
GB.

Freitag, 9. November 2012, 23:53

The top on mine just unscrewed... hold the bottom of the glass & acrylic base tight in one hand, Then unscrew the top conter clockwise with the other hand. It is fairly tight to begin with. But mine came unscrewed without to much effort :).. If it still seems to be to tight or stuck, you could try & loosen the center hex fill port a little in the top then unscrew the whole thing..

N.

Samstag, 10. November 2012, 00:07

I felt brave after your post and did it.

Funny, the printed manual with the instruction on how to open the reservoir is shipped "inside" the reservoir itself.
????
:-)
I read the online version, thank you Internet.

Now, I found a little stainless steel bracket inside (not the mounting bracket, but something smaller) what is this for and where do I install it?

GB

Montag, 12. November 2012, 09:00

I guess you mean this one?

You can use it to take control over the flow. With this part you can avoid to get a fountain effect if your flow rate is pretty high.

yves neirinck

unregistriert

desassembly aqualis

Samstag, 15. Juni 2013, 21:34

hello guys i registered 2 let you know, that if you still have problems to open it like i did,
you have to put the aqualis in a plastic bag and put it in the fridge for a couple of hours
When its cooled you can open it much easier and put on some fittings 2 the base for extra grip if necessary
I hope i my answer is usefull

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2013, 00:48

Hi there

My Aqualis (nano coating) is impossible to open, I have very strong hands and I'm always the guy that can open up the jars that no one else can. This is just a joke and I want to send mine back rather than risking destroying it.

I've tried the fridge trick to no avail, any other suggestions?

This is the exact type I purchased; http://www.frozencpu.com/products/19441/…fect_34047.html

Thanks,
Simon

Pilo

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2013, 05:36

Try to put it in the fridge for a few hours. It's the most suggested solution in this forum. But unfortunately, no one who tried it has even confirmed yet if it is a successfull solution.
->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013, 02:38

Only pliers did the trick, 2 large men to open up this small piece of water container, haha was pretty funny.