• 19.04.2024, 22:52
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

How to mount the Ramplex Full Copper?

Samstag, 10. November 2012, 17:59

Has anybody installed Ramplex on a Mobo and has pictures to show me?
I cannot figure out how to align the plates that touch the actual RAM so at the end the DIMMS fit into the slots.
Each Ramplex came with four plates, one of them is reverse, also came the screws, etc,, I just can figure out oh to install the,.
Im going nuts here, trying to put the thermal pads and the RAM inside the Ramplex, in a way that aligns !!

Im trying to use one Ramplex to cool two sticks, they are supposed to be Universal, but whatever way I install the plates on the actual Ramplex they come too wide or to narrow so they wont align with the slows on the Mobo.

By the way, the plates dont form a 90 Degree angle when mounted on the Ramplex block,, looks weird to me, i tried bending some of them to see if that helps, but still the same.

My Mobo is an EVGA SR-X, it has 12 banks, like this:
4 + 4 + 2 + 2 .

I know I can do 2 or 3 sticks with each Ramplex,, and I know that on my case I have to use 6 of the RAMPLEX so I cover my slots.
Thanks guys

GB

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »gobase2008« (10. November 2012, 18:01)

Montag, 12. November 2012, 09:31

Have you tried it this way like seen in the shop?

I am not quite sure where you have the problem. Maybe you can provide a photo?

Montag, 12. November 2012, 15:17

Thats one of the problem.
How you install the Thermal Pads on the inside of the ramplex, then put them DIMMs, then reach the screws (under the DIMMS) and adjust the plates so they touch the DIMMS tight enough so you can insert the whole thing into the Mobo?

What is the right sequence? (looks to me the screws should not be 'under' the DIMMS, otherwise how you adjust them?
Also,, the retainers on the sides (the ones that has the springs on them, that supposed to hold the whole Ramplex, dont align with the plastic on the slots from the mobo,, and there is no way to slide them inwards or outwards.

Ill try to put pictures today, but I think it shouldn't be so hard to take "the right pictures" and show how the installation options go.
That will save time for every combination of people doing the wrong thing.

GB

Montag, 12. November 2012, 15:39

same problem here,the retainers are not compatible with my Evga X79 .

Montag, 12. November 2012, 17:08

That the retainers do not work on some boards is because this mounting system is not standardized. They are not necessary to mount the block. The original ramplex and also the current aluminum version also do not have these.

I suggest to tighten the screws in a good manner but not too strong. Leave some space so you can insert the module with the thermal pads and then push the heatplates to each other on the edge next to the main block so they should move.

Dienstag, 13. November 2012, 05:16

I know thermal pads will make a difference but I mounted mine directly over the original ram heatspreaders without pads and they work just fine.
I had the same problem with mine. I'll take a close up pic on my rampage IV Extreme setup for you.

Close up

My old UD9 setup with 1 plate between each pair. I needed to use a third ramplex to cover the last stick.

Hope this give you some ideas.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Phatboy69« (13. November 2012, 05:45)

I am Intel of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

i7 3930K @5Ghz - X79 ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4x SLI GTX580 - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4x GTX 360 rads 24x CM fans - Aquaero 5 XT +6 PA2 Ultras - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Case - 2 x 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD

Dienstag, 13. November 2012, 14:00

These Ramplex are heavy,, when the Mobo is on resting on a table they work just fine,,but when the mobo is vertical, on the case, without the retainers the heavy weight will force the DIMMS to tilt downwards and fall! no mentioning the unnecessary pressure at all times.

The retainers work great on Mobos with three DIMMS on a row (retainer will fit the center post),, but on Mobos with 2 or 4 DIMMS fully populated ???
Wouldn't have been easier if the retainers are designed with bigger holes? or have different retainer versions for two or three kinds of mobo?

Looks to me I will have to send some Autocad drawing to some shop and make my own. (more time and $$).

Now, about the screws,,, I still dont know how Im supposed to tight the screws UNDER the DIMM,, if I just slide them inside and press with me hand (without tightening the screws more) that heat wont transfer properly and I will never be able to mount the Ramplex without the Retainers because they will slide out under pulling pressure from the tubing.
:-(

GB