• 25.04.2024, 09:21
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquasuite possible bug and thoughts on sensor calibration

Sonntag, 11. November 2012, 15:38

When configuring virtual sensors I had a hard time with the mode changing "by itself". For example, I have 3 virtual sensors configured. Two are "highest temperature" and one is "absolute temperature difference".
The first virtual sensor was configured days ago, and the next two were configured last night.
After configuring the sensors and returning to the Overview page I would see the values are clearly wrong. Then I would return to the Virtual sensor configuration to find the mode had changed. After about a half hour finally they were all working stably. It also took a while for the virtual sensors to show up in the list of data sources. Since one virtual sensor uses input from another virtual sensor this was somewhat of a pain.
Don't know if this is a bug that causes the values to not update properly immediately, or what, but hopefully will not exist when the new soft comes out.

For my temperature sensor calibration I had the computer shut down overnight so that all sensors should be at a stable temperature. I left the display on so I could read the sensor values without powering up the machine.
Since the sensor I'm using for ambient temperature agrees closely with a separate digital thermometer in the room, I used it as a baseline to set the calibration for the inline water temperature sensors. I know that all sensors of certain types tend to have an optimized range of accuracy, and I just assumed since these sensors are basically identical that my method is good although "accurate" is debatable.

Agree/disagree?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mandrix« (11. November 2012, 20:27)

RE: Aquasuite possible bug and thoughts on sensor calibration

Sonntag, 11. November 2012, 20:57

I also see the mode change issue with the virtual sensors - what I think happens is that if you've set a mode (eg. average) on one sensor, then click to edit another different virtual sensor (eg one that should be "highest temperature"), the first mode set (average in our example) carries over to the newly selected sensor, but the fact that it has done so doesn't actually show up until you've left the page and come back later. I always sanity check the results if I've changed anything because of this issue.

Agree that your calibration method is as accurate as you can get - for all practical purposes it should be basically perfect. One possible (small) caveat is that last time I recalibrated, I noticed that my water temperature sensor readings changed a bit (maybe a degree) immediately I started my pumps, the water flowing over them presumably helped to stabilise the temperature in the sensors, even though everything had been left to reach equilibrium for a long time before starting the process. It happened so fast it couldn't have been heat dump from the pump (actually, I can't even recall if it was an increase rather than a decrease anyway), so I went with the calibration value with the pumps on rather than off. I guess it could be friction from the water passing through the tubes and sensors (if it was an increase).

Of course, if you run the pumps for any appreciable time before calibrating, you'll have a bit of heat dump from them so the water should read a bit higher than the air at that point, so for best accuracy I'd calibrate first with the pumps off (so everything is really close) then turn them on and quickly alter the water sensor calibrations to get them really nailed.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »BorisTheSpider« (11. November 2012, 21:03)

Sonntag, 11. November 2012, 21:45

Thanks, Boris. I appreciate your input.

Montag, 12. November 2012, 12:43

I see what you are saying, Boris. This time I checked the temps immediately after firing up the pc and they had changed a little, so I recalibrated and the temps look closer.

Had the mode change by itself again on one of the virtual sensors, I was not doing any editing at all.