• 17.04.2024, 00:02
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Kosti

G'Day from Sydney Australia

Samstag, 24. November 2012, 11:57

So I am looking at the aquaero 5 xt touch usb fan controller and it's very impressive, I was hoping I could get some feedback from the many user's on some of the pro's and con's for the device?

Constructive feedback on whether I should spend the money for such a device?

My hardware is expensive so protecting and monitoring it is critical as the system will operate 24/7 so I need to be able to let it run with the ability to shut down should a problem arise either a leak or over heat etc.

Also curious to know what people have connected to the controller as I'd image I would need to buy several "additions" to the controller to fully utilise it's features.

My main area's of monitoring would be but no limited to is

[1] Heat - Thermal Monitoring
[2] Leaks - Shut down should fluid leak or pressure drop
[3] Watts - Over current or reaching high power
[4] Smoke - should a leak occur and something starts to over cooks and if 1,2,3 failt to detect, is there an option for a smoke detection?

So can anyone please tell me which products are available to integrate with the aquaero 5 xt to be able to capture the able?

Thanks

BTW - Is the a For Sale section or Want to Buy section as I'd be happy with a second hand unit :thumbup: as looking at my needs, it could mean I would have to sell my Kidney ;(

PEACE
Kosti

Sonntag, 25. November 2012, 01:14

Kosti,
The Aquaero can do [1], [2], [3] with a few of the peripheral devices that are available. It is unlikely that, if properly configured, the Aquaero would fail to detect an alarm situation to shut down your PC, so smoke detection is not really necessary. The Aquaero is the best consumer controller and monitoring device available for watercooled PCs. You would need a few temperature sensors, one flow meter per cooling loop, a pressure sensor for each loop, possibly the waterblock for the Aquaero depending on how many fans you want to attach to each output to keep the fan amps cool, maybe some Poweradjust units to power extra fans or your pumps, cables, RGB LED etc. Perhaps you want to consider the Aquacomputer D5 pumps or the Aqualis reservoir with integrated pressure/fill sensor .... the list goes on. You won't need everything, it will vary depending on how many fans and pumps you want to control/monitor, how many of the features you want to use, and how much money you are willing to spend.

A basic starter setup would be an Aquaero and a couple of temperature sensors for your loop and you would already be able to do a lot with that, but you will probably find that you will want more once you realise just how good the Aquaero is and what it can do. A great advantage of the AC products is that you can add extras as you go along so you don't need to buy everything at once.

I suggest you browse the website and the forum and have a look at what's available and what can be done, make a list of things that you would like, then plan your system and ask specific questions about the devices you wish to integrate and then decide about finances. There are plenty of people in the forum who can assist you with the maths for choosing your devices (eg Maximum number of fans per output channel?) I can say though that you won't be disappointed in choosing an Aquaero. It is by far the most flexible and feature rich device for your watercooling setup and is worth spending the money on. The English user manuals are a bit spartan with detail though and can put you off if you don't understand what's going on if you run into hiccups, but the forum is always a good place to get answers. Shoggy and the guys at AC do their best to help users sort out difficulties they are having and there are plenty of experienced users who can also help.

I hope you don't have to part with your kidney but be warned, the cost of AC products can add up if you get hooked!!!

A good place to start would be to let us know about the system you want to control/monitor. How many cooling loops? Pumps? Fans? Which types/brand are you using?

Hope this will get you under way. :)

Kosti

Sonntag, 6. Januar 2013, 03:45

Hey Mate,

Thanks for the reply and indeed I've started the collection of AC parts...sorry I didn't update sooner, My build is coming along "very slowly" and can be viewed here for how things are coming along

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1058900

Have got my eye on the pro version as the XT only appears to be a touch screen which I do not have a need since the whole PC will live under a desk ;( .

The other items I am wanting to purchase are as follows

Aqua Computer D5 pump motor with USB (x2)
Aqualis XT450
Flow Sensor MPS 400

I will be running 2 separate loops via SR1 480 in loop & SR1 360 in the other loop

As the Aqualis, I want to use one of the D5 to connect directly to this but which block do I use and order - wish they could setup there website so you can build parts and confirm which item can connect to which AC product.. and I'm just not sure how the 4-pin aquabus interface can be used to directly
connect the fill level sensor to an aquaero 5 controller with the D5 connected?

Do I really need the XT? or just either the pro/LT version since i'm not going to worry about the nano coating as it will not be visible anyways, IMO I see no significance in having bubbles/droplets in my res/loop, but I do like the borosilicate glass is which is extremely hard and
scratch-resistant.

For the other D5 this is going to be connected to the AquaTube mounted on the Aquabay with a Black panel.

Thanks again and will keep throwing up some queries once I have purchased all the AC gear and yes it's damn expensive - so that's why I am looking for 2nd good too as an alternative even though these are fairly new products

Dienstag, 8. Januar 2013, 12:36

Kosti, greetings from Melbourne...

You might want to consider an LT version of the Aquaero mounted internally in your case. The XT version includes a remote control and touch sensitive screen as opposed to the PRO which has no remote and is push button controlled. The LT dispenses with the screen altogether and everything is controlled via the Aquasuite software. It has the same functionality except for being able to use a remote control. I personally find the screens a bit fiddly but they do look nice on a case. The LT version is here http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2673

The pump adapter for the D5 you are looking for is this one: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2926 and includes a level sensor.

You can BYO a D5 pump or go for the new Aquacomputer version here: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2901 Compared to a vanilla D5 this one has all sorts of monitoring and control options available through Aquasuite. I use one of these and they are great. The pump speed is controlled through the software rather than through voltage regulation so you can plug it directly into your PSU rather than using up an output on your Aquaero or having to purchase an additional PA2 unit to power it.

As the reservoir is not going to be seen this is the one you are probably looking for to go with the above adapter: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2923

You can connect multiple devices to the aquabus. Use a splitter cable such as this: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2847 or make your own. Personally I would connect the fill level sensor by USB in additon to the Aquabus to fully enable its functionality in Aquasuite. The USB cable you need for this will come supplied with the pump adapter linked above.

I have looked at your build thread. Must admit that yellow is rather striking ... it will be screaming from underneath your desk :thumbsup:

Happy building!

Kosti

Parts updated list

Freitag, 8. März 2013, 03:49

Well I have taken the dive and placed my order :thumbsup:

Here's my list - have i missed anything?

AQUAERO 5 PRO CONTROLLER - GRAPHIC LCD
FRONTPLATE FOR AQUAERO 5 PRO (ALUMINUM BLACK)
AQUACOMPUTER D5 USB AQUABUS PUMP
AQUACOMPUTER AQUALIS BASE 450ml NANO
AQUACOMPUTER Pump adapter for D5 pumps for aqualis with fill level sensor
AQUACOMPUTER HOLDER FOR AQUALIS RESERVOIR
RGB ILLUMINATION MODULE FOR AQUAERO 5
AQUACOMPUTER FLOW SENSOR MPS 400
AQUACOMPUTER CONNECTION CABLE FOR FLOW SENSOR
AQUACOMPUTER AQUABUS Y-CONNECTOR 4-PINS

PEACE

Kosti

RE: Parts updated list

Freitag, 8. März 2013, 12:09

Well I have taken the dive and placed my order :thumbsup:

Here's my list - have i missed anything?

AQUAERO 5 PRO CONTROLLER - GRAPHIC LCD
FRONTPLATE FOR AQUAERO 5 PRO (ALUMINUM BLACK)
AQUACOMPUTER D5 USB AQUABUS PUMP
AQUACOMPUTER AQUALIS BASE 450ml NANO
AQUACOMPUTER Pump adapter for D5 pumps for aqualis with fill level sensor
AQUACOMPUTER HOLDER FOR AQUALIS RESERVOIR
RGB ILLUMINATION MODULE FOR AQUAERO 5
AQUACOMPUTER FLOW SENSOR MPS 400
AQUACOMPUTER CONNECTION CABLE FOR FLOW SENSOR
AQUACOMPUTER AQUABUS Y-CONNECTOR 4-PINS

PEACE

Kosti
You might want to think about adding one or two inline temperature sensors. They are basically a hollow fitting with provisions for an (included) flat temperature sensor wrapped around the fitting and held in place by a cover.
These would allow you to run your fans/pumps from temperature input to the Aquaero. I use a flat sensor sitting in front of the intake fans to measure ambient, and use the air/water delta to run a controller for my pumps and fans.
Up to you. :)