• 23.04.2024, 10:20
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Dying Power Adjust 2 Ultra?

Samstag, 24. November 2012, 23:40

Power Adjust ultra normally runs five fans. Today I also plugged in a High Flow sensor.
First thing I noticed after a while was the fan rpm quit showing up.
Then three of the five fans won't run. It apparently won't ouput enough power to start all five fans.

I can plug the five fan harness into one of the fan outputs on the AQ5 Pro and they all power up just fine.

I've tried resetting the firmware just for grins but apparently it shipped with the latest version.
I've unplugged/plugged the power connection. (with power off)
I've restarted, rebooted and recycled 50 times but no change.

The flow sensor output works fine.

I don't really know what else I can do, can I assume the unit is dead or dying?
Will it not operate with voltage output and a flow sensor simultaneously, and I bricked it somehow?

Sonntag, 25. November 2012, 01:28

I'm limping along by swapping some things around. Right now the PA2 is running a single fan and a flow sensor. The rpm and voltage is showing up now but the power % will not.
Actually it seems like it's pretty much stuck on 6.7v running the tiny fan that cools my pump heatsink.
I think it's done for. :(

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mandrix« (25. November 2012, 01:31)

Sonntag, 25. November 2012, 02:55

what happens when the high flow sensor is removed from the PA2?

And which High flow sensor are you useing?
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Sonntag, 25. November 2012, 03:35

what happens when the high flow sensor is removed from the PA2?

And which High flow sensor are you useing?

This ^

If you are using the newer mps type of flow sensor it is designed to be plugged in via USB or the aquabus, not the 3-pin flow header, which is for the older style mechanical flowmeter. Perhaps this is causing problems?

Sonntag, 25. November 2012, 11:36

Guys I'm using the older high flow sensor, not the MPS.
Removing it does not change the output of the PA2, ,so I decided to leave it on. However the PA2 seems capable of only producing about 6.7v, and will only run one or two fans.
It seems crippled in terms of power output, as I said it was running 5 fans with no problems before.
Probably merely coincidental that the PA2 started failing when the flow sensor was added, I'm thinking.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mandrix« (25. November 2012, 11:38)

Montag, 26. November 2012, 12:27

Shoggy, what do you think? Is it dying?
If so, will it be replaced?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mandrix« (26. November 2012, 12:38)

Montag, 26. November 2012, 14:21

Likely a damaged voltage regulator. Should be send in for a check/repair.

Montag, 26. November 2012, 14:53

OK. Thanks Shoggy.

Mittwoch, 28. November 2012, 12:52

PA2 on it's way to Germany.
Having to use a motherboard fan header with virtually no control reminds me of why I got the AQ5 in the first place. :) I seriously don't know what Gigabyte was thinking with the lack of fan control on my motherboard.