• 25.04.2024, 10:31
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

cravin penut

unregistriert

Planning a Loop and need some advise on components.

Donnerstag, 29. November 2012, 12:20

I'm looking for a bit of advice on an upcoming watercooling build. My main aim is a quiet, powerful and overclocked system that I can control easily, which leads me onto using an aquaero 5 LT.

I will be cooling both a i7 930 @ ~4GHz and GTX 580 in one loop inside a Fractal R3.

My initial thoughts for the loop were:

Aquaero 5 LT - to control the whole thing, quite happy without a display as my computer is either on the floor or next to me on the desk.
Llaing DDC 18w 12v pump - Will be controlled by the aquaero via a Poweradust 2 Ultra.
Aquacomputer Cuplex HD 1366 Block - Cool the CPU.
EK GTX 580 Nickel & Plexi Block - Cool the GPU.
240mm Radiator x2 - located on the front intake and the back top exhaust.
4 x Noctua S-12 120mm fans - will be controlled directly from the aquaero if there are enough fan headers on there.
Poweradust 2 Ultra - to control the pump.
Aquacomputer Inline Temperature Probe - Attached after the last block in the loop, most likely the GTX 580 to measure the hottest point.
Aquacomputer Presure Sensor MPS - no idea on which model to choose.
Phobya 150mm Tube Reservoir - store all of the water.
Aquaero Power Connect - to turn the aquaero on and off with the system.
Aquaero Real Time Clock add on - just for kicks really.
Aquacomputer Tubemeter - Need to check to see if this will fit in the reservoir but if it does it will be going in the build.
EK PSC 1/2" ID 3/4" OD Compression fitting x12 - Connect it all up.
1/2" ID White Tubing 2m
Fill and Drain Ports - at the top and bottom of the loop respectively

So I have a few initial questions about the Aquaero and the accessories:

1. Will the Aquaero 5 LT have enough headers on it to drive 4 x noctua fans, 1 x water temperature sensor, 1 x MPS pressure sensor, 1x Poweradjust 2 Ultra(to power the pump)? - or will I need another Poweradjust for the fans?

2. What model MPS pressure sensor will I need with 2 blocks, 2 radiators, 1 res and a 12v 18w Llaing DDC pump? - as I understand the pressure sensor also has a temperature sensor built in?

3. Are there any essential accessories that anybody would recommend that I have missed off the list, I am looking to do this right first time and don’t really mid about the extra cost.

I'm sure many more questions will come to me but for now
will all that kit play nice together, no extra cables needed?

Cheers

Donnerstag, 29. November 2012, 15:13

I'll give your questions a try.

1- You can probably run all 4 fans off one header on the LT. I don't know the current draw on those fans but you should be OK.
I'm thinking you can run everything you listed without a Power Adjust. But
you can daisy chain up to 6 Power Adjusts via the Aquabus cables if you
need them.

2-I don't use the MPS sensor, but you will need one
comparable to the regular "high flow" sensor with that pump. Someone
else can tell you which MPS sensor to use. My understanding is the MPS
sensors also have temp probe.

3-Hmm depends on what you want, at least two of the inline temp sensors would be nice.

You don't need the Power Connect to turn the LT on/off, as you will be
connecting a normal 4 pin molex power connector to it which will switch
on the LT when the psu powers up. As I understand it, it can be
configured via the Aquasuite software to shut off the power to the 24
pin cable via an alarm.

Only other cable that I think you will need that is not included is one for the flow meter.

Freitag, 30. November 2012, 03:50

For the system you are building, do not waste money on a Power Adjust2 Ultra. These units are intended for use where an Aquaero is not present, and is not necessary in your application.
If you really want to use the DDC pump, get one of these cables http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2345 plug it into the channel 4 connector and it will operate the pump.
I suggest you get a three wire fan splitter for the fans and run them in pairs of fans, one pair each radiator, on fan channels 1 & 2 of the aquaero 5.
The reason for the pump on channel 4 and the fans on 1&2 is that fan channels 1&2, and channels 3&4 share a common tempereture sensor that limits the loads, if you presd the loads out the heat generated is spread out and less problems result.
Which mps pressure sensor to pick is a problem. Mostly it depends on what you really want. The pressure sensor can be used to measure res fluid level, and if that is the application, just measure the height of the res above the mps sensor location in milimeters, and select the mps sensor. If the res is 35mm above the sensor, the mps40 is good enough. If you want to measure flow through the loop, the High Flow USB sensor and a four pin cable are my choice because you are running a powerfuil pump in a simple loop, so flow should be high.
Personally, I would look at the Aqualis res with the 600 pump like this one: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2930 and the aqualsi res of your chouce. The 600 series pump is more than strong enough for a simple loop and can be powered from the Aquaero 5 LT without any problems. The advantage is that the fill level sensor is included in the pump mounting base.
The Aquaero 5 LT can have 8 temperature sensors. Four blade type sensors are included. Personally, I would want four in line sensors, one on the outlet of each radiator to sontrol the fans for just that radiator, and the outher two on the outlets of the CLU and GPU water blocks for trend analysis. Specifically, record the temperature difference between water outlet temperature and CPU/GPU die temperatures. Wait six monthes and check again. If the temperatures are a lot higher, then it is time to take it apart and clean it.
I bought three Aquaero 5 Pros and did not buy the power connect cables. I got tired of the cold boot and date/time reset of the Aquaero 5 and bought three cables. Now I can use the units in standby mode and see the temperature sensor reading with the computer shut down, and I do not have to reset the clocks any more. Your real time clock add on would take care of that though. Also, if you get the Power connect cable and the relay(relais) plug, you can wire up the Aquaero 5 relay to turn off the computer through the power supply shut down if an alarm condition occurs.
I know other people feel that 1/2" id tube is too small, but by personal experiance the 6mm plug and cool tubing and fittings sold by Aquacomputer are perfectly adequate and much easier to work with. And less expensive.
As for the rest, I would get the Aquaero 5 Pro unit with water block instead of the LT unit. The reason is that the Aquaero 5 unit will probably stay the same while the rest of your computer changes and grows up to the next 5 generations. The Aquaero 5 controllers are expandable to an insane degree, so it can grow with your computer and the Pro unit has a wonderful bling effect because of the changing screens with information on it. Also, the IR remote is pretty cool. The XT unit has problems for a small, but loud, number of users in some computer case/power supply combos. The Pro unit does not, you just need to buy the Aquaremote seperatly.
If you use the tubemeter you will need to get a four wire aquabus cable for it, or leave it plugged into the motherboard via USB cable, or get one of these: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=1969
No, I do not work for Aquacomputer, I just like their stuff.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.