• 24.05.2024, 19:21
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

hrmes

Incorrect RGB LED color with latest firmwares

Freitag, 30. November 2012, 17:35

After updating the firmware of AQ5 XT to 1026 and then to 1027 I noticed that the colors of a RGB LED that I have installed in a case fan looked a bit different than before.
After looking at the settings of the LED controller I realized that the current RGB LED values at a given temperature seem to be incorrect.
For example in the attached screenshot at a temperature of 32 C the blue LED value should be less than 20%, yet it is at 31%.
The green LED value should also be less than 80%, but it is at 87%.
Anyone else with incorrect LED colors ?

Edit:
Why not use curves in the LED controller like you can for fans ? Thay way you would have much more control over the color hues.
»hrmes« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Snap1.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »hrmes« (30. November 2012, 19:02)

Montag, 3. Dezember 2012, 09:59

In some way it is correct because internally we use a logarithm which converts your settings to another curve so you get a linear change of brightness to your eyes.

We will have a look if we can adjust the shown values in some way so it is less confusing.

hrmes

Montag, 3. Dezember 2012, 12:17

It seems that the current interpolation method is spline-like. There could be an option in the firmware to use ordinary linear interpolation that would produce a more predictable set of values.