• 26.04.2024, 22:27
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

aquaero + Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W

Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012, 14:21

Hello everyone,

I have an old 1kw enermax PSU, the longer i leave my PC on for it gets progressively noisier, to the point where all my silencing efforts have become pointless.

I'm thinking about getting a new one and have seen the Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W, although I don't really need 1.3kw the fan controller intrigued me, does anyone have one of these? I was wondering if it would be controllable by an aquero 5?

It seems to get good reviews across the internet, but very few seem to mention the way the fan controller works.

Many thanks in advance,

Jim

Pilo

Samstag, 8. Dezember 2012, 22:29

Noisier?
  1. Do you mean the PSU makes an high frequent beep tone after a while, or...
  2. Do you mean the bearing of your PSU fan is defect?

If it's the second, why don't you replace the old fan with a new one?
->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

Sonntag, 9. Dezember 2012, 08:25

hello mate,

i think its something to do with either: the way it detects temperatures, or its actually overheating (it does get very warm), but the noise is caused by the fan ending up at full speed.

my setup for normal day to day stuff is near silent with only the CPU fan running at a low speed., this is why i was wondering whether the aquaero could control the cooler master psu.

thanks for the help though,

jim

Pilo

Sonntag, 9. Dezember 2012, 23:51

No, there is no other function integrated to control the two external fans if they are connected to the PSU, only with the drive bay controller.

And 1300 Watts are WAAAAAY to much power for an Silent PC for normal day to day stuff....and only to buy it because of an lousy two fans fan controller?

Montag, 10. Dezember 2012, 07:46

No, there is no other function integrated to control the two external fans if they are connected to the PSU, only with the drive bay controller.

And 1300 Watts are WAAAAAY to much power for an Silent PC for normal day to day stuff....and only to buy it because of an lousy two fans fan controller?
Cheers mate,

Unfortunately I think you've missunderstood my question, I was wondering if that 5 pin connector was just a basic temp out, control in affair, in which case i could bodge the cable so the Aquaero 5 could control the fan speed of the PSU, I won't use the 7v out as the Aquero is doing a damn good job of keeping the case/CPU fans as i want them.

As for too much power I fully agree, however I am running a 2600k @ 4.6 which can draw upwards of 70 - 80w alone, plus 2 X 680GTX, 2 SSD and 4 mechanical HDD + 8 case and CPU fans. When its working hard the power draw is fairly substantial. I've spent years perfecting this PC to be near silent normally but massively powerful when needed. As was said in my first post I know I don't need 1300w but the controllability of the fan intrigued me, if I could control that through the aquaero software I would have been sold.

Again, thanks for your help,

Jim

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »DrunkenJim« (10. Dezember 2012, 07:52)

Pilo

Montag, 10. Dezember 2012, 17:02

It's really hard for me to grasp what you want to say. I understood, that you only wanted the Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W because of the fan controller. You want to replace the PSU fan controller with the Aquaero or you thought there is a way to connect the Aquaero to the PSU to control the two external PSU fans or the internal PSU fan, because it's a problem for you if you can control all your case/cpu fans...but not the PSU fan?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Pilo« (10. Dezember 2012, 17:03)