• 05.05.2024, 21:20
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

What the hell do I do now!

Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2012, 13:31

:?: Hello Gents....a First time water Cool build -so please forgive me and kindly help me.

I have purchased the following from Aqua Computer -Aquaero 5 XT, (3) PA 2 ultra, Pump,Filter and Flow sensor+ (2) 3 pin y splitters+n (1) 4 pin y splitter + 1 extra Aquabus cable. the std tem probes and 2 flow sensors (Bitspower)
After days of trolling the net -I have finally found this forum ( thank the lord) but sad to say ....only understood I needed to daisy chain the 3 PA2 (1x2,2X1,1X2 - Using the 3 pin connectors.)

I think i need to now connect the Aquaero 5 to the pa2...but how?.....and then what do I do next?

my config- 1 x 360 rad (6 fans pull/push)
-1 x 240 rad (4fans pull/push)
- 4 case fans (Switch 810)
i would like to control my fans with the PA2'sin groups of 6 x4 x4 and the pump with the A5 - IF possible.
thank you.

Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2012, 19:08

The PA2 connect to the Aquaero 5 with a three pin cable from the high speed Aquabus connector to either one of the two 3pin aquabus connectors on the PA2. Then jump from the remaing 3pin aquabus connector on the PA2 to the next and repeate.

However, before you do that, the PA2 ID number for the second and third PA2s must be changed You do this by connecting the PA2 to the 4pin molex from the PSU and via the five pin USB cable to your motherboard. Then launch Aquasuite 2012, click on the tabs on the left side until you find the page for the PA2 hardware. Update the firmware if required, and change the ID #. (If I remember correctly, the PA2 ID are 41 by default, so you want to change one of them to 42, and the last one to 43. Not to hard to figure out even if I have the wrong #s)

Some users have reported that Aquasuite 2012 would not launch without the Aquaero % connected via USB to the motherboard and the 4 pin power molex connected. Not sure if that is still true. You set this up on a bench test arrangement, ie, leave the parts on the table and just connect the wires. (watch the coffee cup! :D )

Also, once you have the PA2 #s changed and connected to the Aquaero 5 via 3pin aquabus (remove the USB cable from the PA2 after changing the ID #s) the PA2 itself will not show up in Aquasuite, they show up as Fan 5,6,7 on the Aquaero 5 page.

I think you bought two to many PA2s. In fact, if the pump you bought is made by Aquacomputer, I am sure you did. Which pump did you get?

As to the fans, any on line shop sells two, three or four fan Y cables with three wire connectors. Just buy enough to connect all the fans from each side of the radiators. In other words, connect all three push fans from the 360 radiator to one three fan y connector. Do the same for the pull fans Then use a two fan y cable to connect the push and pull groups together. Now you have one connector for all six fans. Connect that to fan channel One on the Aquaero 5, or connect it to the PA2 fan output. Done.Repete for the other fan groups.

Note that you only need three wire fan y cables. Even if the fans are 4 wire for PWM, the three wire cable will connect to the fans and just not use the PWM function. The Aquaero n5 uses variable voltage to control fan speed, not PWM. Also, make sure you use the Y cables made for fans. The three wires are ground, 12vdc and fan speed signal. Only one fan in each group has the third wire for RPM connected inside the y cable. (If all three fans provided RPM signal, the controler would go insane.) Dont worry, any quality y cable has the fan connector marked for which one provides RPM signal.

Also, Wander around these forums for other hardware tips.

Have fun!
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2012, 22:28

There is a Total of 8 PA ID Slots available, numbered from 50 to 57........

So, If your just adding more PA's they need the ID's of 50,51,52 & 53.....

But!!... If you have an Aquaero LT as a Slave Device then the LT takes the first four slots of 50,51,52 & 53.... So any PA's added will now need the ID's of 54,55,56 & 57

N.