• 28.04.2024, 00:20
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquacomputer System design

Montag, 17. Dezember 2012, 17:41

Hi, Can I get some advice please on how best to connect up what I have purchased? I am new to this and struggling to find a design drawing that can help me link it all together.

I have:

Aquaero 5
2 x D5 Pumps with Aquabus and USB
Aqualis XT with fill level sensor
2 x Poweradjust 2 USB standard
1 x Flow sensor
6 banks of 4 x fans wired via 4 into 1 3pin connections.. connected x 4 to Aquaero and 1x each poweradjusts.

2 temp sensors, inflow and outflow sensors on the loop connected to Aquaero.
other sensors (i assume ambient) that came with Aquaero as yet unconnected

I have currently got the USB of the Aquaero connected to the MB
The 2 x Poweradjust's connected in line to the Aquaero via the Aquabus
1 of the pumps connected to the aquabus port thats spare on the no.2 poweradjust
Flow sensor connected to the Aquaero flow sensor connection
Power connects on Aquaero and Poweradjusts connected to PSU
Standby power also connected

Aqualis and second pump not connected to anything as yet.

Happy to get more parts as required, would like to make the most of what I have.. Can you make some recommendations on how to best connect it all up please? I'm a bit lost...

Many thanks for the help, and Merry Xmas to all :)

Montag, 17. Dezember 2012, 23:49

Merry Christmas! Looks like a good haul for you!

First, the pumps, and aqualis need a four pin aquabus cable or the USB cable in order for them to get power to the mps controllers. Control power for the PA2's comes from the PSU plug. So your first chore is to decide which you want a lot of devices plugged into USB ports on the MB, or wait for the new Aquabus Cables to arrive. Personally, I would get the new cables.

Specifically, the cables you need are #53122 Aquabus cable 4 pins (Four each), and #53124 Aquabus Y-Connector 4 pins (Six each). (I suggest getting an extra one of each above the ones I counted just in case one is bad, or you need the extra for something else. Waiting an extra week for a stupid cable is a real pain!)

First, pull the three wire cable for the PA2 off the Aquaero 5 (AQ5), install one plug of the Y connectors to the High speed Aquabus on the AQ5, connect one leg of the Y to the PA2 cable, yes, it fits only one way. Connect the other leg of the Yconnector to another Y connector, and then the other two Y connectors to each leg of that one. Now you should have 4 plug ends of the four pin Aquabus, connect one leg of them to each pump and the Aqualis Aquabus ports. You should have one four pin connector left over for the next toy to come later. You will have to use the straight 4 pin cables between the Aquacomputer component and the Y connectors.

All the above is confusing to read and write, but easy to plug in once it is in front of you.

Now for the real confusing part, you will need to connect each pump, and each PA2, to the MB via USB with the Aquabus cable disconnected in order to change the component ID number and to update the firmware if necessary. This isdone throug Aquasuite 2012 software. You have to change the ID number on one pump, and one PA2. I think the pumps should wind up with 11 and 12, and the PA2's as 51 and 52, but I might be wrong. You will see a tab for each device connected on the left side of tte AS 2012 software, hunt around bit and you will figure it out soon enough.

Good luck!
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2012, 12:09

Thanks for the quick reply. That all makes sense. I have ordered the cables, so look forward to getting it all hooked up..

One further question came to mind if I may?

Other than the USB connection, I have no link between the MB and the Fan Controller.. Does the system (bios etc) need any further linkage? I have Asus Rampage IV Extreme MB. in this setup, does it have/need any monitoring or control over the fan's cooling etc?

Many thanks again. :thumbsup:

Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2012, 12:34

Yes, there is a small thing in BIOS called CPU fan.

I have an ASUS board myself, I use a three wire cable between the CPU fan connector on the MB, and "Tacho" connector on the AQ 5.

Set your system BIOS to shut down the system on CPU fan failure, and the AQ 5 alarm actions to turn off the Tacho signal on Alarm condition.

That way the AS 2012 software can shut down the computer if an Alarm condition ocurs. Alarms can be set for fan rpm failure, water level failure, pump/flow to low etc.

Just install that three wire cable between CPU fan connector on MB and Tacho signal connector on the AQ 5. The default settings of the AQ 5 and BIOS will let the system start and run while you wander around the AS 2012 and figure out which end is up.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.