• 25.04.2024, 08:40
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Glitch with AS 2012-6

Montag, 24. Dezember 2012, 03:39

I had my rig down for a few days doing some work, including reinstalling a Power Adjust 2 I had sent to Aquacomputer for repairs. Meanwhile a new version of Aquasuite came out, and I immediately loaded it upon firing the machine back up.
I allowed the former settings to be used.

Long story short, I noticed Fan 3 would not work, and the Power Adjust barely working. I tried loading some older settings but no go. I swapped a brand new fan into the Fan 3 header and no go.
Not sure what was going on (and with the "repaired" Power Adjust barely working adding to my confusion) and after swapping fans all over I did a hard reset by jumpering 5,6,7,8 temp sensors. At first Fan 3 was working.
After loading saved settings again, Fan 3 would not work.

Finally I just loaded AS2012-5 and reconfigured everything from scratch and all channels work again.

Well, except for my Aquacomputer repaired Power Adjust 2, it's still limping along exactly like it did before I sent it for repairs.

Montag, 24. Dezember 2012, 14:20

Having some time to think about this, I wonder if somehow the settings got all screwed up. So in the end I'm not sure if the AS 2012-6 is specifically at fault or if the settings data got scrambled somehow.
Since Fan 3 was not linked to any type of controller it is especially puzzling. I do use and like the curve controllers but in this case no controller type was configured linking the Fan 3 header.

So in the end was Fan 3 not functioning because of some kind of software error not related to AS 2012-6? I don't know. I only know that only by wiping all previous settings and configuring all the Fan headers and controllers from scratch could I use the Fan 3 header.
Perhaps allowing AS 2012-6 to use the previous settings caused a meltdown somehow.

But as I said, in the end I decided to revert back to a known-working version of AS until this gets sorted out. I have now deleted all previous versions of saved settings in case the problem is within them somehow.

Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2012, 12:32

I never solved the problem with the software other than reinstalling the earlier version, I'm still thinking the stored settings got screwed somehow and caused the problems. I plan to wipe everything and reinstall the newest Aquasuite and configure everything from scratch again when time permits.

I am happy to state that my repaired Power Adjust does indeed work, apparently there was a loose pin in the molex housing and it was not getting a full 12V. In the interim I had bought a replacement PA2 so I guess I now have a backup/spare unit.
So, my apologies to Aquacomputer's techs, everything is apparently fine with the repaired PA2 unit. Operator error. :blush: