• 24.04.2024, 14:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Glitch with AS 2012-6

Montag, 24. Dezember 2012, 03:39

I had my rig down for a few days doing some work, including reinstalling a Power Adjust 2 I had sent to Aquacomputer for repairs. Meanwhile a new version of Aquasuite came out, and I immediately loaded it upon firing the machine back up.
I allowed the former settings to be used.

Long story short, I noticed Fan 3 would not work, and the Power Adjust barely working. I tried loading some older settings but no go. I swapped a brand new fan into the Fan 3 header and no go.
Not sure what was going on (and with the "repaired" Power Adjust barely working adding to my confusion) and after swapping fans all over I did a hard reset by jumpering 5,6,7,8 temp sensors. At first Fan 3 was working.
After loading saved settings again, Fan 3 would not work.

Finally I just loaded AS2012-5 and reconfigured everything from scratch and all channels work again.

Well, except for my Aquacomputer repaired Power Adjust 2, it's still limping along exactly like it did before I sent it for repairs.

Montag, 24. Dezember 2012, 14:20

Having some time to think about this, I wonder if somehow the settings got all screwed up. So in the end I'm not sure if the AS 2012-6 is specifically at fault or if the settings data got scrambled somehow.
Since Fan 3 was not linked to any type of controller it is especially puzzling. I do use and like the curve controllers but in this case no controller type was configured linking the Fan 3 header.

So in the end was Fan 3 not functioning because of some kind of software error not related to AS 2012-6? I don't know. I only know that only by wiping all previous settings and configuring all the Fan headers and controllers from scratch could I use the Fan 3 header.
Perhaps allowing AS 2012-6 to use the previous settings caused a meltdown somehow.

But as I said, in the end I decided to revert back to a known-working version of AS until this gets sorted out. I have now deleted all previous versions of saved settings in case the problem is within them somehow.

Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2012, 12:32

I never solved the problem with the software other than reinstalling the earlier version, I'm still thinking the stored settings got screwed somehow and caused the problems. I plan to wipe everything and reinstall the newest Aquasuite and configure everything from scratch again when time permits.

I am happy to state that my repaired Power Adjust does indeed work, apparently there was a loose pin in the molex housing and it was not getting a full 12V. In the interim I had bought a replacement PA2 so I guess I now have a backup/spare unit.
So, my apologies to Aquacomputer's techs, everything is apparently fine with the repaired PA2 unit. Operator error. :blush: