• 28.04.2024, 09:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

hooking up 2 aquastream xt pumps

Freitag, 28. Dezember 2012, 12:07

i just want to see how 2 pumps will work lol...well i have another aquastream xt pump and i got the part i needed ,so when i hook both of these pumps up i know u have 2 run one pump on channel 10 and the other on 11.now, i hook one up to the aquaero 5 on the high speed side then i hook the other pump to the usb on motherboard ? or does both pumps have to be on the aquaero5 high speed? would this be to much pressure for my reservoir or fitting or rad? thanks all and happy new year.

Samstag, 29. Dezember 2012, 03:35

To control both pumps in Aquasuite you need to have both of them connected via the aquabus, not just one of them.

Two pumps of the same type together will have a different effect whether they are connected in series or in parallel. In series will give you double the head of just one pump, useful for overcoming the loss of head as coolant moves through a system. Two pumps in parallel will increase your flow rate for the same head, useful when one pump alone cannot cope with the volume of flow.

Pressure is not created by the pump, only flow is.

Pressure is the resistance to the pump flow. Anything that slows down the coolant passing through the pump is creating pressure, so things like the tubing, waterblocks etc, even the pump casing itself.

None of this is really very useful for such small systems like those in our computers. The pumps we have available for that purpose are more than sufficient for most situations. I think that one of the aquastream XT pumps should be enough for your loop.

Hope this helps :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »cc01« (29. Dezember 2012, 04:40)

Samstag, 29. Dezember 2012, 13:23

thanks alot cc01 so if i get a 480 and a 360 that i have and cool 2 680 video cards + cpu maybe memory one pump will be enough.and i will be able to cool other parts if i want to in the future? thanks again