• 25.04.2024, 18:34
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Fixed! Aquasuite crashing or closing within seconds of starting

Freitag, 4. Januar 2013, 04:23

Aquasuite was running fine for me. I was running the latest version that is currently posted on the download page (at least I think I was). Then something happened with open hardware monitor that also caused aquasuite to have problems. I don't really know details on what happened there; a cryptic error message from OHM seemed to maybe be talking about a temp file, and the fact is that I was running the windows temp file directories in a RAM drive. Or maybe it just seemed to me to be taking about the temp file because I'd been having problems with the RAM drive prior to the OHM problem :crazy: Anyway, after restarting OHM (it's been fine since), aquasuite would not start. Specifically, I can launch aquasuite and see its process appear on Task Manager's process tab, but after 3-5 seconds, the process entry disappears and nothing else happens. This happens before I see the aquasuite GUI.

I've tried the following:
- Reinstalling aquasuite (several times), this time with the latest from the website for sure.
- Launching aquasuite with open hardware monitor not running
- Launching aquasuite with the aquacomputer service not running
- Launching aquasuite with the aquero not plugged in to any USB
- Various combinations of the above, all of which was intended to see if any of the other services/hardware were misbehaving and thus causing aquasuite to crash
- And of course I've tried multiple reboots

The result is always the same. Any ideas?

One thought that occurred to me: are there any items (files, registry entries) left behind by the aquasuite uninstaller that may be corrupted or otherwise invalid and thus cause a new aquasuite install to behave this way?

I'm on Win7 sp1. Also note that I've disabled the RAM drive completely and the temp directories are back in their default location.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »LossMentality« (11. Januar 2013, 02:44)

Dienstag, 8. Januar 2013, 02:51

Any help from Shoggy or Sebastian or anyone else at Aquacomputer for this? I'm dead in the water here - pun very intended. Thanks!

Dienstag, 8. Januar 2013, 14:56

What happens if you start AS without loading OHM? Frankly, i would not have OHM start with windows.
AsRock E3Gen3, 2700k @4.6 with cuplex HF, 2 HD7970s with aquaC waterblocks, 16G GSkill 2133, TJ09, ST1500 ps, plextor 256 ssd, 2x1TB WD VRs raid 1, HP 30 inch. Aquacomputer 720XT Mk IV.

Mittwoch, 9. Januar 2013, 00:43

Thanks JPM, but I've tried loading AS both with and without OHM running... didn't seem to matter.

Fixed!

Freitag, 11. Januar 2013, 02:44

I wrote AC tech support. They had me remove C:/Program Data/Aquasuite. That folder isn't removed by an uninstall and despite (I thought) searching my entire machine for an items with 'aqua' in the name, I missed it when trying to remove all vestiges of AS from my system. Anyway, I removed the folder, and AS got a bit further before crashing - to the splash screen. Then I reinstalled once more and it was back.