• 23.04.2024, 21:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Is PowerAdjust right for me?

Dienstag, 15. Januar 2013, 12:34

I'm putting together my first loop, and I want to automate it. It's in a smallish case, and I don't have a spare 5 1/4" bay, so I'm drawn to PowerAdjust 2 because it's quite small. However because most of the information on the web about it is in German I don't really know if it meets my needs.

My loop goes:

Res > DDC pump > CPU > GPU > Rad 1 > Rad 2

I'd like to monitor the loop temperature and control the pump speed and rad fan speed.

Some questions:

1. Can I achieve this with a single PowerAdjust 2?
2. Do I need the Ultra version or not?
3. Am I limited to a single temperature input? If so, where would be the best point on my loop to put it?
4. Will a standard DDC pump (with 3 pin cable) require an adapter or not?

I think I have probably made some wrong assumptions along the way, so please correct me where necessary. Thanks.

Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2013, 13:25

I think the PA2 regular is 24/25 watt output and PA2 Ultra is 48 watt peak output. Otherwise this is copied from a Google translation on Aquacomputers web store:
Features: -
DC voltage output signal (no PWM)
-
Parameterizable start burst
-
Measurement of the maximum speed
-
Optional output voltage or fixed speed setting
-
Control characteristic for speed setting configured in detail
-
Disclosure of the tacho signal of the pump or fan to the motherboard ormake an artificial tachometer signal can be turned off in case of errors
-
Speed ​​monitoring with renewed burst at standstill
-
Provision for a temperature sensor
-
Provision for a flow sensor
-
Two aquabus expansion ports
-
USB communication with PC
- User-friendly software for configuration and evaluation of poweradjust 2 USB - aquasuite fully integrated in the software

1- No
2- Maybe
3 -Yes. Depends.
4 - Should work
So to answer another part of your question, no it will not control both a pump and fans simultaneously as there is only one output. You can run multiple fans within the rated power output, though.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mandrix« (16. Januar 2013, 13:28)

Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2013, 13:28

Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to have to choose between only controlling the pump, or figuring out how to also a Aquaero 5 LT into my case. I assume it's unnecessary have both an aquaero 5 LT and a PowerAdjust 2 to control a pump and a few fans.

Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2013, 13:33

Edit:
Actually what I meant to say is the LT by itself should do what you need.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mandrix« (16. Januar 2013, 13:45)

BuzzNL

Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2013, 16:56

I assume it's unnecessary have both an aquaero 5 LT and a PowerAdjust 2 to control a pump and a few fans.
Actually you will need the PowerAdjust if you want to control the pump speed.
Only when you have a PWM pump, you can control it's speed with the Aquaero. Pumps that need voltage control for the speed need a PowerAdjust since the Aquaero can not supply enough power for this on it's fan outputs.

Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2013, 21:15

BuzzNL,
You are incorect on that. The Aquaero 5 can run two D5 pumps through the fan outputs if water cooled.
This has been, and still is running in this configuration for well over a year for several people.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

BuzzNL

Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2013, 21:24

BuzzNL,
You are incorect on that. The Aquaero 5 can run two D5 pumps through the fan outputs if water cooled.
This has been, and still is running in this configuration for well over a year for several people.
OK, sorry. I could be wrong on that since I run my Aquaero with the air block on it, and then it overheats all the time even when running a few fans.
I actually bought a Poweradjust for this reason to run my fans. Maybe I should consider watercooling the Aquaero as well :)
Thanks for the info.

Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2013, 00:53

I'm running a D5 on a Power Adjust Ultra but I could as easily run it on the Aquaero. Measured (by me) current draw is 1.8A, or about 22W. I do feel better with the added headroom the PA2 Ultra allows, however.

Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2013, 22:56

I think I will try and fit the LT in instead. My plan is to get the PWN MCP35x which the LT should be able to control yes? That way I can control my fans as well as my pump have as plenty temp sensors to boot.

As I'm now going to install the LT, and any give me accurate measurements for the mounting standoffs? How far are they apart etc so I can start thinking of how to mount it. I can't find this info using my google-fu.

Freitag, 18. Januar 2013, 01:41

Yes the Aquaero will control the MCP35x, and you will need a 4 pin molex to power the pump itself from the psu. The Aquaero will only do the controlling through the 4 pin header. I have a dual MCP35x run this way.

Aquacomputer sells mounts for a 5.25" bay for the LT I believe.

Freitag, 18. Januar 2013, 13:05

Thanks for the confirmation mandrix. Unfortunately I dont have a spare 5.25" bay, so I will have to get creative.