• 19.04.2024, 09:15
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

LED diode stripe or cold cathode to Fan output

Dienstag, 15. Januar 2013, 20:21

I have an idea of controlling the brightness of the LED diode stripe - to be precise something like Phobya LED Flexilight HighDensity 120cm 144 LED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyqSdC4-…eo8Kp3w&index=9

Another idea was to control Cold Cathode with it.
Is it possible? Haven't tried, I know enough enectronics enough no to experiment too hard :D

Are there any suggestions NOT to do it?

Or does anyone have experience with it?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »_KaszpiR_« (16. Januar 2013, 18:49)

My setup - Project Replicant

Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2013, 02:52

I'm not sure what your idea is, so I don't know if it will work for the LED strip or not, but generally CCLs don't dim well. What tends to happen as the voltage gets reduced is that some fraction of the wire emits, and the other part doesn't, with the part that doesn't emit getting smaller as you dim it further. It looks like the only part of the CCL tube is lit, and you can see more or less light as you increase or decrease the voltage.

That said, I had a potentiometer laying around and I used it on my last build to dim a CCL. I needed to dim it just a little bit so that I didn't overpower some of the other case lighting.

So I wired the pot in (on the DC side of the inverter - i.e. between the PSU and inverter, not between the inverter and CCL). What I found was that if I just increased resistance with the pot a little, the CCL dimmed enough for the purpose I wanted. Then if I went further, it started doing the part-of-the-tube not lit thing, and then quickly went out.

I don't remember the resistance of the pot i used, some 10 or 20 k Ohms I think. And I guess if you don't mind how half a lit tube looks (e.g. can't see the light anyway), then that would count as dimming too! ;)

Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2013, 18:46

Thanks for the info.
LED strip - I ment something like Phobya FlexLights http://www.google.pl/search?q=phobya+flexlight

It is a stripe with LEDS on it, you can cut it in certain points to change the length of the stripe, by default they are powered with 12V.

CCL - Cold Cathodes - this is a completetly different technology. I know they dim poorly and that they got that funny effect of the partial tube lighting.

I get the feeling the dimming of LEDS cound be done, just like the RGB module to Aquasuite.
The main concern is the electric current that the LED strip may require.
My setup - Project Replicant

Joncon

unregistriert

Should work fine.

Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2013, 06:46

LED's are fine being controlled via voltage. They do require a minimum voltage to light. In all but a very select number of LED's this voltage is 1.5v. As long as you do not over volt them your idea will work great.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Joncon« (17. Januar 2013, 06:47)

SNTmods

Mittwoch, 23. Januar 2013, 09:23

I've got a question... how can the aquaero power a set of LEDs, off the PWM or the RGB LED header? I ask because I thought I could wire up three super bright LEDS (3v+ each) in series and the two wires could be connected to the Ground and VCC 1/2/or3 on the LED header that would normally power the RGB module. I've checked to see if the LEDs work off a motherboard header and they light without issue.

The manual states it can be done but doesnt tell you how. =)
Was an early adopter of Aqua-Computer watercooling in the U.S.

Mittwoch, 23. Januar 2013, 10:00

I've got a question... how can the aquaero power a set of LEDs, off the PWM or the RGB LED header? I ask because I thought I could wire up three super bright LEDS (3v+ each) in series and the two wires could be connected to the Ground and VCC 1/2/or3 on the LED header that would normally power the RGB module. I've checked to see if the LEDs work off a motherboard header and they light without issue.

The manual states it can be done but doesnt tell you how. =)
The manual states that the Aquaero 5 can only drive 20mA per channel, so if you want to drive more than one LED per channel you will need an amp like the one mentioned here.

SNTmods

Mittwoch, 23. Januar 2013, 21:08

seems that it may just be easier for me to run the LEDs off a motherboard header instead.
Was an early adopter of Aqua-Computer watercooling in the U.S.