• 16.04.2024, 15:34
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Jeremy

What, exactly, has to be running for fan control?

Sonntag, 3. Februar 2013, 18:22

Recently, I've been noticing that Aquasuite 2012-6 has a bit of a memory leak. Memory usage reaches some pretty high levels if the program runs for a long period of time. I saw 750 MB of memory usage the other night, along with 20-40% CPU usage. Solution is simple, close the program and restart it.

What I found interesting was the fan control continues to operate as set in the program, even with the program not running. I suppose this is handled by the Aqua Computer Windows Service, which makes perfect sense. My question is, how much of this needs to be set to start on Windows boot to enable fan control? It seems I won't get history/logging and obviously I won't be able to change any settings without Aquasuite running, but I can live without that typically. Does the Windows Service component still start on boot even if I uncheck the "Start aquasuite with Windows" option? I assume it does, otherwise fan control wouldn't work when at the Windows login screen, but I want to be sure.

Sonntag, 3. Februar 2013, 20:07

As far as I can tell once you set it up it stores it in memory and works without any app open. This is from the description (The aquaero is an absolutely autonomous working microprocessor-controlled device)

Sonntag, 3. Februar 2013, 23:40

Settings you send to the controller by clicking the disk icon will run w/o aquasuite. I do not think you need to start AS 2012 with windows. Shoggy or Sebastien can clarify this.
AsRock E3Gen3, 2700k @4.6 with cuplex HF, 2 HD7970s with aquaC waterblocks, 16G GSkill 2133, TJ09, ST1500 ps, plextor 256 ssd, 2x1TB WD VRs raid 1, HP 30 inch. Aquacomputer 720XT Mk IV.

Montag, 4. Februar 2013, 01:54

The Aquaero is a completely self contained device. The Aquasuite is only a monitoring and programming application. It is totally possible to set up and use your Aquaero (the pro and XT models at least) without ever connecting it via USB to your computer.
If the computer was running the fan controller it would be vulnerable to crashes etc.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (4. Februar 2013, 01:56)

Jeremy

Montag, 4. Februar 2013, 05:26

Settings you send to the controller by clicking the disk icon will run w/o aquasuite. I do not think you need to start AS 2012 with windows. Shoggy or Sebastien can clarify this.
That's cool, so once it's set up it doesn't matter what's running, fan control would work even under Linux or at the BIOS screen? I did wonder exactly what that disk icon did. Hopefully Shoggy or Sebastien can confirm this.

Montag, 4. Februar 2013, 08:16

The Aqua Computer Windows Service is only for the implementation of data from Open Hardware Monitor

Jeremy

Montag, 4. Februar 2013, 15:08

The Aqua Computer Windows Service is only for the implementation of data from Open Hardware Monitor
Bollocks. My curves are based on virtual sensors, so that won't work. Oh well.

Thanks for all the information, guys.

Montag, 4. Februar 2013, 18:07

Virtual sensors are ok without Aqua Computer Windows Service (if the sources all attached to the AE[directly or AquaBus]), software sensors do´t work without Aqua Computer Windows Service

Otherwise:
The Aquaero is a completely self contained device

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EnigmaG« (4. Februar 2013, 20:59)

Dienstag, 5. Februar 2013, 10:40

Virtual sensors are only derived from physical sensors connected to the Aquaero system and the processing is done by the Aquaero itself, so they are completely independent of the PC
Software sensors rely on input from other software run by the PC so are dependant on it. A very good reason not to use GPU or CPU temps for fan controlling.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (5. Februar 2013, 10:43)

Dienstag, 5. Februar 2013, 13:13

Virtual sensors are only derived from physical sensors connected to the Aquaero system and the processing is done by the Aquaero itself, so they are completely independent of the PC
Software sensors rely on input from other software run by the PC so are dependant on it. A very good reason not to use GPU or CPU temps for fan controlling.
Actually, virtual sensors can use input from software sensors as well. Whether or not one wants to use them for control parameters is another matter.