• Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Need advices about a setup (my first)

Mittwoch, 6. Februar 2013, 11:28

Hello,

I'm bought some hardware from AC :
The other parts of the setup are :
  • Pump : Laing DDC-1T
  • Waterblock : EK-SUPREMACY NICKEL - PLEXI (Intel 1155)
  • Radiator : Cape Cora 642 HF
  • Tubing : 3/4
Hardware to be cooled :
  • CPU : i7 3770 (150W) (not OC-ed)
Since I started reading the forum, I've seen some issues with the flowmeters like choosing one fitting your needs, noise, calibration values...

My main question is : Is my flowmeter ok for my setup ?

I aiming silence, so it means less fans (Cape Cora) and that's why I'm cooling only the CPU (for now).
I already asked the support for "how to send back the sensors".
Sven, told me that the flow given by Laing is "without any resistance" and that once in a loop it would drop to 100-140 L/h (depending of the setup).
I was thinking that, the Laing DDC-1T can output up to 400L/h, the sensor I ordered, I don't know how much it can measure, so for avoiding problems in measuring accurately the flow I should buy a Flow sensor mps flow 400, G1/4 (53132)...

Another question is do I need to buy specific fittings for the sensors/meters ?
I already ordered G1/4 couplings.

In advance, thank you for your answers :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »rbato« (7. Februar 2013, 10:40)

Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2013, 02:39

Oh dear, Houston we have some problems here.

You have a bit of en eclectic mix of gear there and it is going to cause some difficulties.

1. That is an Aluminium radiator and EK don't recommend using their products with it. Most people stay right away from Aluminium these days because it can cause big problems with corrosion when it is combined in a loop with other metals.
2. There is no such thing as g1/4 tubing. g1/4 is the size of the threaded part on fittings and components. Tubing sizes commonly used these days are 3/8, 7/16 and 1/2 ... you will need fittings and tubing that match each other.
3. If you are not using fans I don't really see the point of the expensive Aquaero ... its a fan controller. If you just want to control a DDC pump you can get a PWM controlled model. You can also get the USB flow meter that doesn't require the Aquaero either.

The flow sensor seems to be one originally designed for much narrower tubing than what is used these days but as long as you set its calibration correctly it has no maximum flow rate. Sven was exactly right about the flow rate of the pump ... It will pump 400LPH into open air but even the smallest restriction like tubing or a radiator will drop the flow rate way, way down.

Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2013, 11:01

1. That is an Aluminium radiator and EK don't recommend using their products with it. Most people stay right away from Aluminium these days because it can cause big problems with corrosion when it is combined in a loop with other metals.

I agree about mixing metals, but I didn't find lots of passive radiators that are not made of aluminium :/

2. There is no such thing as g1/4 tubing. g1/4 is the size of the threaded part on fittings and components. Tubing sizes commonly used these days are 3/8, 7/16 and 1/2 ... you will need fittings and tubing that match each other.

I mixed the units, I updated the first post. The tubing is 3/8 and I bought G1/4 couplings.

3. If you are not using fans I don't really see the point of the expensive Aquaero ... its a fan controller. If you just want to control a DDC pump you can get a PWM controlled model. You can also get the USB flow meter that doesn't require the Aquaero either.

The major issue I have, is that my motherboard doesn't have any auto shutdown options. If a fan stops spinning or a component gets to hot, I have nothing to cut the power.
By a fan stopping spinning, it could be the RPM signal from the flowmeter like : Koolance INS-FM17N+ADT-FM03

The flow sensor seems to be one originally designed for much narrower tubing than what is used these days but as long as you set its calibration correctly it has no maximum flow rate. Sven was exactly right about the flow rate of the pump ... It will pump 400LPH into open air but even the smallest restriction like tubing or a radiator will drop the flow rate way, way down.

I checked Digmesa's website, the flowsensor can measure a flow between 10LPH and 486 LPH. So it should be fine.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »rbato« (10. Februar 2013, 21:58)