• 18.04.2024, 04:36
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

I want to be sure before I buy.

Mittwoch, 27. Februar 2013, 21:48

(thanks for the move)

So I want to buy the Aquaero 5 LT and have it control a Swiftech Apogee drive 2 off the pwm header, 4 Swiftech Helix 140mm 3 pin in push/pull off my front radiator on 1 channel, 2 Swiftech Helix 120mm pwm in pull off my top radiator with the 2nd channel, and 2 Swiftech Helix 140mm 3 pin as case fans on the last channel.

My question is mainly about power for the fans in my front radiator. I understand that the maximum is 19.8 watts and 1.65 amps? So if I ran 4 Helix with voltage ~7 - 13.8 VDC and current 0.45 A it would be too much? If it is what do you recommend. Or can I just run the fans below maximum?

Also with the planned setup should I run a passive cooler such as:

Thank you! :)

ugggh looks like the limit on the PWM header is 1A so my 1.5A Apogee Drive 2 in too powerful.. Guess Ill run it off the motherboard header then and split the fans up off the other headers on the aquaero..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Fiftysixk« (28. Februar 2013, 01:45)

Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2013, 08:42

The Apogee drive does not take power for the pump through the 4 pin PWM cable. It has a molex 4 pin for power. The PWM is just a speed signal. So you can run it from the Aquaero or the motherboard header, motherboards generally have around a 1 amp limit for fan headers too by the way.

I would def get the heat sink.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (28. Februar 2013, 08:46)

Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2013, 13:15

Also don't confuse the two pwm headers with the Fan 4 header. The two pwm headers are for things like cathode lamps, the Fan 4 (4 pin) header is where you would plug the rpm & pwm signal from a pump or other pwm controlled device.
For example I run dual MCP35x pumps which are powered from the psu, but are connected to the Fan 4 header with rpm and pwm signals so that the Aquaero can control the pump speed.

Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2013, 16:49

Ok great! That makes sense about the Apogee Drive 2, haven't seen one in person yet, so I'm glad it has its own power.

In that case I think what Ill do is have the pump on the PWM fan header, 3 of the front rad fans chained on the next header, 1 of the front fans and 2 of the case fans chained on the 3rd header, and the 2 120mm top rad fans off the last. Sounds like that would work perfectly.

Thanks for the help guys! :D