• 26.04.2024, 06:11
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquastream XT and HDD file corruption

Sonntag, 3. März 2013, 16:52

Hi!

After I bought and installed an Aquastream XT pump I noticed file integrity, corruption and CRC fails. One rar file one day had unexpected CRC error, I had strange graphical problems in games, and problems re-partitioning the HDDs. I have never had such error before. When I checked the game files with Steam it found file corruption and needed to re-download the broken file.

I think it is because I mounted the Aqustream XT pump too close to my HDDs, so the electromagnetic radiation from the stators affected my mechanical drives. I have increased the space between the pump and the HDDs and wrapped some antistatic shielding plastic bag that should work like a Faraday shield and will keep testing rar files and steam games to see if any more file corruption occurs.

Can this really be an issue, or is something else wrong? I run Prime blend + occt GPU DX9 to test my CPU, GPU and RAM every now and then and have not had any rounding or stability issues.

SAS drives that are watercooled and insulated
Steam file verification failed

Rar file corrupt

Sonntag, 3. März 2013, 21:43

Your pump seems to be hanging in the air, and is that wood that it is sitting on. Nothing can insulate against a magnetic field you can only condense the field so if you mount the pump somewhere on the case the metal will act like a shield by condensing the magnetic field. If a magnetic field expands and collapses near a wire this will induce a voltage in the wire, I think those pumps were intended to be mounted at the bottom of the case. Just a thought good luck.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Nihil Simile« (3. März 2013, 21:51)

Sonntag, 3. März 2013, 22:14

It is very unlikely to damage a HDD with a magnet.
First check the RAM (Memtest86), it is always the RAM

Dienstag, 12. März 2013, 21:39

What's the news?