• 19.04.2024, 07:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

cosmos

working as intended ?

Montag, 18. März 2013, 01:50

Hi all
Right I have over the last few months been buying various bits and bobs for the AQ5
4 inline temperature sensors
1 power adjust basic
1 tube meter
1 D5 aqua controlled pump
1 MP 40 pressure gauge and AQ5 pro
After a few weeks I removed the tube meter as it was not really working in my rig due to the length of tube it was in and purchased the mp40 pressure gauge and fitted that , I have aqua bus cables 4 pin throughout and 3 pin to the power adjust all daisy chained from the high speed bus
the D5 and MP40 also are connected via usb to the motherboard this including the AQ5
now when I set this all up I did it bit by bit, I connected the pump first via usb and aqua bus updated the firmware then the pressure meter and did the same procedure with the firmware, Everything is connected via bus and usb at this stage did a restart only to find that I could not get the pump to speed control(it had been previously been set up with the tube meter still in operation on the delta temperatures and was still working until the restart) so I started to fault find by taking off the usb from the MP 40 only to discover that I could not get the pressure reading off the overview page...I however could find the internal temperature sensor readout from the MP 40 in the sensor page of the AQ5 and the pump started to respond to the curve controllers demands, so thinking it was a faulty usb cable I got a new one and reconnected it to the setup.... on restart I had no control over the pump again but had all the readouts from the on-board pressure sensor again..... so this time I took off the usb from the pump .....this time the readout to the overview page was greyed out and non functional as to the power the pump was using and the speed it was going at, but it was being speed controlled
When I first purchased this I understood that the aqua bus cabling would power the sensors for readout by the AQ5 only to discover that I would need usb attachments to get the readouts on the overview pages of the AQ5.......
I have now found out the cause of the problem ..and that is the D5 pump needs to be set in its setting tab to usb priority and that the aqua bus channel needs to be set to 12 and that the MP40 pressure gauge needs in its own settings tab needs to be set aqua bus priority and channel 13
It seems that the system cannot split the signals up from the D5 andMP40 via usb ....???? :pinch: and so combines both the MPS devices into one unusable MPS device....but I need both to be connected via usb to get readings off the software..is this working as intended? what will happen if I want to connect another MPS device as I have no further priority channels to use will I get that it will again try to join the 2 MPS devices if I use the usb channels or am I doing it wrong ,do I need to set both devices as aqua bus priority?
if I set both priority channels to aqua bus channels in my current setup I lose input values from the sensors for one or the other device and lose the control feature when using usb as priority
setting up the overview page is a pain as its set up with the use of the usb connections once you remove the usb cables you don't get readings....however you will find that the AQ5 is connected to the devices via temperature tabs and flow meter tabs with the aqua bus connected but you will not find the pressure reading anywhere in the AQ5 tab, nor will it be available to link to the page unless its connected to the usb....is this correct ??.. the same will happen for the pump power and speed inputs
am I correct in thinking that if you want readings and control functions you need to be connected via usb and aqua bus... I know the 4 pin aqua bus is supposed to power the sensors, but whats the use if I cant get the readings off the sensors??
so some little help in where im going wrong ..or im not going wrong and its working as intended(or not)
cheers :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »cosmos« (18. März 2013, 02:03)

Montag, 18. März 2013, 20:41

The D5 and the mp40, once properly set up, only need to be connected via 4 pin aquabus to the aquaero and they will show up in the Aquasuite on the Aquaero 5 tab.

When they are connected via Aquabus they should be on aquabus priority and each should have a unique aquabus address.

When changing settings make sure you save them to the devices on their individual aquasuit tabs.

When only connected via Aquabus to the aquaero the extra devices just become extensions of the AQ5 so they don't show up in their individual tabs but should show up as extra sensors, fans, etc on the AQ5 tab

It sounds like you are having trouble getting the aquabus system to work.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (18. März 2013, 20:43)

cosmos

Dienstag, 19. März 2013, 20:59

Hi, the problem is that when I connect with the aqua bus system I manually change the addresses to 12 and 13 respectively, and remove the usb after I have shut down and saved everything into their tabs
When I restart the pump that has been set to a curve controller with the tab "mps D5-1" in AQ5 no longer works and will run at minimum power as was preset in the pumps individual tab before the removal of the usb, I also do not get a pressure reading off the MP40 and have no page/tab in the AQ5 that will enable me to use that reading and it just greys out in the AQ5 overview tab too, The same happens with the speed and power readout of the pump...I can however get it to show me the internal temp of the MP40 in the sensor tab but not the pressure readout.
I am using 4 pin bus cables that are daisy chained ,The pump and pressure sensor are aquacomputer products with the prefix "mps"
I just cant seem to get control of the items when they are only linked via aquabus, How do I get the essential readings off it ie: speed and pressure when I cant even find relevant tabs in AQ5 for controllers to link to
all is seen and can be used with usb in ,but then you need to swap one of the priority's so that the 2 devices are not seen as one....as both the firmware that they have is identical....I have pump on usb so I can see the readout and MP40 on aquabus.....at this stage im confused to if im doing right or if I got it wrong
the aquabus system works its I cannot gain access to the readouts that I need to be able to control the 2 items and so therefore have no control over the pump and the alarm state that I set up for the pressure sensor is unavailable when the usb are removed , I can see the internal temp readout on pressure sensor and can see the extra tacho readout on the pump but its not what I need

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »cosmos« (20. März 2013, 15:00)

Donnerstag, 21. März 2013, 06:37

The extra sensors of the MPS units will all show as values in the sensors tab of the AQ5.

For the pressure sensor I'm not sure where its values will show in the AQ5 tab ... you may need to create a new object on an overview page and set the data source as the MPS pressure reading. I have not used the pressure devices.

Both devices need to be set to aquabus priority ... not just one. The pump is running at 100% because you have it set to rely on its own settings rather than controls from the aquabus.

I have heard of some people having trouble with bad aquabus cables so check to make sure that is not the problem.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (21. März 2013, 16:19)

cosmos

Freitag, 22. März 2013, 01:16

agreed that the extra sensors will show up in the sensors tab of the AQ5,I can find the internal temp ,flow meter readings, in output tab can see the MPS page for the pump
I have tried to set up a object in it the overview pages and I have set the data source as the pressure reading on the MP40, and I have set speed and power for the pump too.....they will work fine as long as the usb cables are plugged in/Grey out as soon as I disconnect the usb cables and objects are no longer recognised /seen as data sources and cant be found on any AQ5 page.... but I can still see the extra sensors(the ones that have no value or use)
Both devices are set as aquabus priority 12 and 13 respectively
I will check the cables for continuity and will try with another cable just to double check as I have done it before.
I have come to the conclusion that I need to keep the usb cables in to get the sensor readings from the created objects as it seems to be the only way as they drop off the overview page if not connected....its just I am not sure im going about it in the right way
So I thought that if I asked and someone who has the similar set up ie: 2 MPS devices (pump, mps 40) daisy chained, how they managed to control the items with usb unplugged or are they also having to leave the usb plugged in?....if everyone is leaving the usb in then I guess im going in the right way if not well then I need to find out the right way as it currently seems above my pay grade :D
Ty for the help so far it is most appreciated

cosmos

Samstag, 23. März 2013, 01:12

ok today downloaded the new firmware and installed it ,now nothing works properly so back to the drawing board
anyone with info on how to create a control point for the D5 pump so it can run off a curve controller I used to use the output tabs "mps D5-1" pane but now it does not register with usb in or out ?
the pressure sensor now shows fill level ,yay!! but need usb connected to read the level? so it can be seen in the overview pane
would really like to connect everything with the bus system, and be able to read the information live in the overview pane without the use of usb cables
I have checked bus 4 pin cables for continuity and have swapped out cables to recheck if not a connector issue
possibly a hard reset on the AQ5 by means of jumper?
any information will be appreciated

Samstag, 23. März 2013, 01:41

As you have already tried various things & checked & re-checked your cables I can only really suggest a Hard Reset to clear things up a bit.... I know it's a PITA, But in this case could well be worthwhile doing IMO..

In case your not sure about how to do a Hard reset (sorry if you already know) below is a quick run through...

1) Turn off the PC and remove all connected devices, fans, temp sensors e.t.c leaving only the MOLEX 12 v Connected

2) Place four jumpers on the Temperature sensor connectors 5 to 8

3) Power on the system and wait for two or three seconds (you should hear a loud long BEEP)

4) Turn the system off and remove the jumpers from the temp sensor connectors 5 to 8

5) Connect the USB to your PC and re-start the PC, Then using the Latest Aquasuite 2012 Software Re-Flash the updated firmware to the Aquaero 5

6) Turn the PC off, Connect all your sensors again and re-start the PC

Also... Always make sure you have the Aquaero & PC powered off & the PSU unplugged from the mains before you start connecting Fans, Flow meters, Pumps, USB & the Aquabus cables e.t.c..
I know it sounds Over Kill... But trust me it helps... It's certainly helped my particular missing items & none show of various sensor data in the past & because I'm doing some reviews & a guide for setting up an Aquaero/Aqualis kit & was changing things fairly often I found I was loosing sensor data and bits wouldn't always show up e.t.c...... Even though I was turning the Unit & PC off before I moved cables I was still getting odd things go missing, But since I've been disconnecting the Power lead also from the PSU, I now longer have any issues of things going pear-shaped.....

Anyway...give it a try & I hope it helps to get you sorted.... It worked for me...

N.

cosmos

Sonntag, 24. März 2013, 23:51

yup ,well ok I have removed aquasuite and did a complete registry removal, manually as it kept on asking me if I wanted to keep my settings....once that was all done I disconnected all the sensors and other items once I removed the mains completely.
Reconnected the mains power cable , installed aquasuite(it did not ask me if I wanted to keep any setting this time round :) ) then installed the firmware to the main unit turned off the pc ,removed mains
Reconnected the sensors, and powered up checked all was ok , powered down removed cable again, Reconnected the pump and powered up ,checked to see if it was working ,powered down and removed mains cable, Connected MP40 and powered up again
Set the bus system to aquabus system, saved all settings restarted and everything was back I can now connect to the pump and pressure sensor via the aquabus system I have now got a tab that will allow me to use it as a fill sensor(pressure sensor) and the pump again now operates off the tab mpsD5-1 in outputs tab all via the aquabus system ...... :thumbsup: I guess that I had somehow corrupted something by not unplugging mains when connecting the usb devices(find it very strange though as I prefer to have the case earth strapped when connecting up peripherals just turn the power supply off at the back the unit is still earthed ) So I guess it was not working as intended and there was a definite issue with the connection and disconnection of cables and that it needs to have the mains power cable to be removed completely from the PC
Ty for the help ,I guess the lesson learned with aquero units is that they need to be totally isolated for the connection procedure and disconnection procedure for all types of cables and removal of the program will require manual removal from the registry to remove it completely in all its forms
WAS a huge PITA to do ,but I wont make that mistake again
edit due to poor spelling

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »cosmos« (24. März 2013, 23:53)

Montag, 25. März 2013, 00:12

Ahhh Thats great that you got it all going again...good stuff :thumbsup: .... & Yeh it sure is picky about having cables connected & disconnected & the removing of the mains lead came as surprise to me also.. Very strange I thought as well.... Anyway... Glad your back up & running :) ..

N.