• 19.04.2024, 09:05
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero prevents windows from booting

Samstag, 23. März 2013, 02:44

So I've been running the Aquaero 5 LT for a couple of months now. I love it. However I've had 1 annoying thing which is if the USB connection between the Aquaero 5 is plugged into the motherboard during POST / windows boot, it will go to a blank screen with a flashing cursor. If I unplug it, reboot, wait for windows to start up, plug it back in, all is well. Initially i just assumed something was awry with my windows install (it was over 2 years old) and recently had the chance to do a fresh install. I have also left it plugged in and gone to the BIOS to make sure that it isn't trying to boot from it (don't know why it would but...). With no luck. I'm running an ASUS Sabertooth 990FX as the mobo.

Thoughts?

Jeremy

Samstag, 23. März 2013, 05:29

Have you checked for a motherboard BIOS update from ASUS?

Sonntag, 24. März 2013, 01:34

Not yet, I don't like updating BIOS firmware unless I have to, so I figured I'd ask if anyone had seen the problem before.

Jeremy

Sonntag, 24. März 2013, 02:20

My motherboard had an issue where it would boot-loop the POST constantly if I started it with an external hard drive connected to USB. After I updated the BIOS firmware, the issue went away. That's why I suggested checking for an update. It's a pretty safe and easy process on most motherboards made in the last 5 years. WAY easier than it used to be.

Mittwoch, 27. März 2013, 02:19

Not yet, I don't like updating BIOS firmware unless I have to, so I figured I'd ask if anyone had seen the problem before.
For a small fee, you can get a new bios chip from ASUS with the latest BIOS version on it. I just did this and it worked out fine.

Donnerstag, 28. März 2013, 01:34

So as suggested I updated to the latest firmware for the bios. It was surprisingly smooth. Sadly the problem still persists.

Donnerstag, 28. März 2013, 07:31

have you updated your aquaero 5 to the latest version?

Sonntag, 5. Mai 2013, 01:08

hi,
If you enter bios ( press delete during post) and check HDD boot priority, make sure your system drive(s) is the first choice, and then look at device boot order ( ie cdrom 1st HDD 2nd etc) As your problem appears to me to be your comp is attempting boot from the AQ