• 20.04.2024, 00:05
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

landis

Question regarding wiring

Dienstag, 26. März 2013, 06:18

I realize there are numerous posts on this, and I have read quite a few.

With what I have though I'm not quite finding all the answers I think, so I"m just going to ask to get this right now and get it worked out.

I have this computer already built and assembled, just need to make changes to get things working as they should.

Case: http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6792
Fans (12) of these: http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=2915
Fans (2): http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.…-S4S-10AK-GP%29
Fans (1): Unable to find the black one that's in the case for reference as mine has blue lights, but similar to: http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.…%20Silent%20Fan

Maybe replaced with the following fans due to coolermaster updating the fan controller board for fan lights (using aquaero for fan control, controller board for fan led control):
Fans (12): http://www.cmstore-usa.com/120mm-led-fan…mos-ii-trooper/
Fans (2): Still researching this, but should be similar to above.
Fans (1): http://www.cmstore-usa.com/200mm-led-fan…ckagingtrooper/

Above aside, current equipment is:

3 PA2 Ultra's
1 Aquaero 5 xt
2 high flow sensors (no usb connection)
2 Swiftech 655's mounted in a single EK assembly.(both have the 12v power plug)

I definitely did not hook this up right when I originally setup the wiring (and my PA2 base bracket when it arrived was riddled with missing part issues (which was solved by aquacomputer), and has one part issue i've been dealing with which is the screw part of the right side bracket that spins, so I don't think it was crimped right before it arrived).

Currently I have my 3 PA2's connected by USB, as well as my Aquaero. I have two of the PA2's connected to fans. Sadly they only run the fans at 1657rpm or 1755rpm depending on which PA2 i look at, instead of 2000rpm. The last PA2 has nothing connected aside from the aftorementioned usb.

The front large case fan is connected to the Aquaero 5 xt, which connects to the cpu motherboard header.

The flow sensors I'm not 100% certain at the moment. I know I connected one to the motherboard cpu header, not sure where I've got the other connected, I'll have to trace it out.

2 loops

1. pump > rad > cpu > flowmeter

2. pump > rad > rad > flowmeter > gpu1 > gpu2

So my questions are:

What's the correct spread of fans that I should be doing per device (keeping in mind the next question below)?

Can I just go with the two 655's connected to PA2's, or would getting the D5 Aquacomputer versions grant me more pump speed control (which is what I'm after)?

After you connect the Aquabus cabling between the PA2's and Aquaero 5 xt, do you then have to reconnect the usb and disconnect the aquabus cables from the PA2 Ultras if there is a firmware update for the PA2 Ultras?

Any assistance on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Dienstag, 26. März 2013, 11:42

I'm a little confused here about what you have connected to the motherboard. The flow sensors can be connected to either the PA2's or the Aquaero.
If it were me I would connect the PA2's via Aquabus, it would greatly cut down on wiring clutter.

How many fans you want to connect depends on several factors. Obviously you don't want to overload the device. I run up to 8 AP-15's per fan header on my Aquaero and PA2's. I also seriously undervolt mine which can heat up the Aquaero considerably if you don't use the water block. Sounds like you want to run yours wide open, though so that's probably no problem for you.

If this is the D5 version with only a 4 pin molex you will have to convert to a female fan connector to run it off the PA2 though.
As for connecting the D5's to PA2's, there is nothing wrong with that although I would tend to lean toward the Ultra version for pumps. I've never used Aqua Computer's pumps so I can't speak to them.

But yes, you have to disconnect everything from the PA2's except power and USB to flash firmware to them.

If you could clarify a little more about how you have everything connected....

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mandrix« (26. März 2013, 11:47)

landis

Samstag, 30. März 2013, 18:40

So just to determine what appears to be part of the confusion, you're asking what I've got connected to the motherboard? Are you just asking for the Aquacomputer components only? Or all computer components over again?

As stated above, again, I've got 3 PA2 Ultras connected USB, I've got 1 Aquaero 5 xt connected USB.

The 2 flows are connected. 1 goes to the Aquaero 5 xt, with a line from the Aquaero 5 xt going to the cpu fan header on the motherboard. The 2nd i have to trace out, as I forgot. These flows have no USB connection. The 2 D5 pumps I have are Swiftech 655's and yes a 4 pin power molex, with only 2 wires.

Not sure what else needs to be stated that I already didn't state in my 1st post that I restated here, but as always, can ask.

So how do I connect this up properly?

Sonntag, 31. März 2013, 12:49

While you have your PA2's USB connected, set the bus address for each one to 50, 51, & 52.
Remove the USB connections from the PA2's.
Connect the Aquabus high side from the Aquaero to the Aquabus in on the first PA2 .
Connect the Aquabus out in the first PA2 to Aquabus in on the second PA2.
Connect the Aquabus out on the second PA2 to Aquabus in on the third PA2.

Now the PA2's will show up in Aquasuite as fan headers 5, 6, & 7.

High flow meters (non USB) can be connected to the flow meter input on the Aquaero -or- Fan 1, as well as to the PA2's.

I would not connect the MCP655 pumps to the Aquaero, but you can run them from a PA2 Ultra using power control if you change the 4 pin molex to a 3 pin female fan connector.

Spread your fans out so that you are not drawing more than each fan header can handle.

That what you need to know?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mandrix« (3. April 2013, 11:57)

landis

Mittwoch, 10. April 2013, 02:15

My other question would be am I going to be able to connect all my fans and the two pumps with the pa2 ultras that I have?

The reason I ask, is because here with the 2013 -1 software my fans quit working all of a sudden. In troubleshooting the issue, I found that the phobya 3-pin 6 split fan splitters I was using developed burnt wires on the red line where they were connected at the pa2 ultras. So long story short I'm going to have to replace my fan splitter cables, as simply moving the ends at the pa2 ultra side causes all fans connected to the cable to shutdown.

The fans I stated above, I had 6 connected to one pa2 ultra, and 4 connected to the other, yet they both had the same wire issue. And the pa2 ultras had startboost turned on.

Mittwoch, 10. April 2013, 02:21

Other people have had problems with fan splitter cables, not sure of the exact brand but the same thing happened, burned wiring. It's likely the fault of the cables and not related to the PA2's.
Another reason I make all my own fan cables.