• 19.04.2024, 05:44
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquabus and LCD screen layout

Montag, 1. April 2013, 16:40

Hi

I have the following questions to clarify.

1. I should be able to connect 2 x D5 USB pumps and a MPS flow 400 to a single high-speed Aquabus input on the Aquaero 5 Pro right? Do you sell a 3-way splitter cable?

2. I'm currently using 2 x D5 pumps in series and my flow rate is around 1.55gpm. Hence, the MPS flow 400 is the right flow sensor to get?

3. What exactly can be monitored or controlled for each pump? E.g. Pump speed, RPM and coolant temp right?

4. Does Aquaero 5's fan header 4 reads RPM too?

5. Is it possible to customize the information on the Aquaero's LCD screen? E.g. To show all temps on just one screen.

6. Is the heatsink bundled with Aquaero 5 Pro?

Thanks.

Regards
Phil

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Philwong« (1. April 2013, 16:46)

Montag, 1. April 2013, 17:05

1. Yes, all MPS devices are connected to the high speed bus. Each device needs to be given a unique aquabus address. You could make your own 3 way splitter or just use 2, 2 way splitters.

2. Yes, for flow rates over 1 GPM the MPS 400 is the right one.

3. With the D5 USB's you can monitor the pump speed, power percentage, and a temp sensor can be connected to them. They don't have an internal temp sensor but the MPS flow meters do.

4.All 4 of the Aquaero headers read RPM's. The first three can be controlled by power or RPM, the 4th one can be controlled via power, RPM, or PWM.

5. The display of the AQ5 can be customised to a degree, there are many info pages to choose from and can be arranged in many ways. Up to four temp sensors can be shown on one page but several pages can be set to slideshow in order.

6. My Pro came with the smaller heatsink fitted. It works fine for me with 3 fans per channel.

Montag, 1. April 2013, 21:42

1. http://aquacomputer.de/downloads/aquaero5_aquabus.pdf see the connectors on right, the middle one is split and used with various MPS devices (including flow senor or the one integrated with pump)

2. I've got 1x DDC 1T and it produces so much flow that It hits limits of my MPS 200, yet I use lower speeds of the pump (~70%) and it stays around 160 liters/min. So you should probably go with MPS 400, but all depends on the restriction of the system.
Remeber to put the flow sensor in the 'end' of the setup, and it needs some straight hosing before and after it to work properly. Do not install it just after /before pumps. The best spot is the location before water getting into the reservoir.

6. My AquaComputer 5 Pro also had small heatsink, and it can handle voltage control od the DDC 1T via voltage (~1A), so it gets hot. I have noticed that even the slightest airflow really helps to dissipate the heat, I'm quite surprised that it cools so well with so low airflow, though.
My setup - Project Replicant

Dienstag, 2. April 2013, 12:26

Thanks for the replies. So essentially it is impossible to create custom templates to display the data?

Phil

Dienstag, 2. April 2013, 15:50

I believe there is actually a way to use some 3rd party software that is on the AC website that allows you to construct whatever you want on the LCD screen but I have not tried it. I haven't felt the need.

Its a relatively low res, mono chrome screen. If you want to construct your own system display you could always just use a very small monitor as a dedicated desktop for it.

I have seen in the AQ5 thread someone using the screen on the G19 keyboard to display system info too.

Edit: It may also be possible to try using an android phone or tablet as a small system display. Pretty sure the only limit is how much work you want to put into it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (2. April 2013, 16:00)

Donnerstag, 4. April 2013, 00:39

hi,i have a g19 keyboard i to would like to put the data on this if possible.could u piont me to this third party software at ac site i looking for it but cant find it.thanks

Donnerstag, 4. April 2013, 01:50

XML data export

I have no experience with it, I just vaguely remember reading it somewhere. It may not be correct that you can use the AQ5 LCD for other things but the G19 is def possible.

on the AC software page down the bottom is this;

jaLCDs - LCD screen reader

There may be better alternatives though, I'm sure Phatboy would be able to help you out.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (4. April 2013, 01:54)

Donnerstag, 4. April 2013, 07:42

You can use the the aquaero 5 lcd with the software "lcdHype". In the aquasuite programs folder is the plugin "aquaerolcdhype.zip".

this is a quick manual for using lcdhype in german:
LcdHype für das aquaero 5

Device sreens directly in the aquaero you cant modify.
(jaLcd is not supporting the aquaeor 5)

Donnerstag, 4. April 2013, 14:43

Actually, I'm trying to display all the data on one screen like what I'm doing with a Matrix Orbital Typhoon GX.

Phil