• 26.04.2024, 12:43
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

What is the best way to set up my aquacomputer setup for safety and reliability? Can I have a redundant backup pump to start in the event of failure?

Montag, 8. April 2013, 08:23

Is it best to just use aquacomputer's flow meter, and must I have an aquero in order to have a optimal setup? Is there any way to set up a 2nd pump for a redundant backup in case of failure? I have fan controllers and just need pump control for use with the aquacomputer hardware. I have a poweradjust 2 USB standard, and need to get a aquacomputer flow meter and cable (I guess) or could I connect another brand and have it work correctly? If anyone has suggestions for setting up my pump control safely and securely I'd appreciate it! Hardware, software, and sequencing optimally!! Thanks, oldcompgeek
I5 3570K - Dominator 1866 4 x 2gb - Fatality Pro Z77 - HIS 7850 2gb x 2 - WD 500GB 64 MB CACHE in raid 0 (with ssd acceleration) - Black Ice triple 120 rad - Swiftech dual 140 rad - Swiftech ddc 350 mpc - Maelstrom res, - Swiftech blocks on gpu's and cpu - EK block on bridges and mosfets - NZXT USB hub - Elysium case - Zalman and Sunbeamtech fan controllers - Corsair GS600 p.supply -

Montag, 8. April 2013, 12:11

If I understand you correctly, you only have a single PA2? If this is true I don't see offhand how you could power another pump if a low/no flow condition existed.

The way I have mine set up is to shut the system down completely on a low flow condition. This will handle either a pump quitting or a major leak happening.
But this requires triggering the relay output from an Aquaero wired either across the power switch or in between pin 16 on the psu, as well as supplying +5VSB from the psu to the Aquaero.

So yes, IMO an optimal setup would have an Aquaero, but it may be possible to do what you want with an additional PA2.

Montag, 8. April 2013, 12:18

I don't own a power adjust, but as far as I'm aware they are really just extensions of the Aquaero 5. I doubt a flow meter would work without the aquaero, there is nothing to do the processing.

A power adjust by itself, combined with the Aquasuite software might give you manual control of the pump but that is all.

Montag, 8. April 2013, 12:23

I don't believe an Aquaero is required to read the flow from a PA2, the Aquasuite software is all that is needed AFAIK.
The PA2 by itself should be able to read flow, send an rpm signal, read one temp sensor, and has one power output. It will need to be connected via USB if used alone.

Montag, 8. April 2013, 21:24

I don't own a power adjust, but as far as I'm aware they are really just extensions of the Aquaero 5. I doubt a flow meter would work without the aquaero, there is nothing to do the processing.

A power adjust by itself, combined with the Aquasuite software might give you manual control of the pump but that is all.
Sorry, yes, I only have one connected at this point, and a second pump and PA2 which is mopunted but not connected yet as I need to figure out where and how to put the 2nd ddc mcp350... Depending on whether or not it,s for redundancy or will be running consistently in the loop. I had it connected to the loop for backup, but didn't like where it was so just disconnected it until I had learned what I needed to in order to decide... So what you're saying is that I'll need 3 PA2's to do it, or 2 PA2's and an aquero 5? The basic aquero 5 isn't but $20 bucks more so I reckon just will get that... The problem that I have with using flow as the trigger is that what if a leak occurs...?? Wouldn't the unit just pump more and more liquid out thinking that it was a flow issue? I know there are leak detectors and whatnot but wouldn't using rpm's be a better alternative or even temp sensors? At least it wouldn't be just flow.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »oldcompgeek« (8. April 2013, 21:37)

Montag, 8. April 2013, 21:46

You can run a Flow meter from the PA2 along with a Pump (or fans..As the same power output is used for Fans or a Pump) & using the 2013 Aquasuite Software no problem..

You don't need to have a Main Aquaero 5 unit to run or monitor the PA2 flow meter or pump..

If your running a pump from the PA2 then you can't attach any fans & so it's the same sort of thing the other way round, If your running fans off the PA then you can't run a pump at the same time, But you could still use a flow meter as well if a Pump or fans are connected at same time.. either way, doing this means you don't have to have a main Aquaero 5 unit.. :)

What it comes down too is, Your more limited as to what & how much you can attach to each PA with running just two Pa's..... If your going to be wanting to run a few fans as well then I would suggest your going to need an aditional Aquaero 5 main unit... but thats just my opinion & what I would do :D

N.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namron« (8. April 2013, 21:52)

Montag, 8. April 2013, 22:28

Thanks for responding, Namron, and I just wanted to let y'all know that I do have a couple of fan controllers already. They're not near the quality or software controlled like the PA2, but they're FANS lol not space shuttles... :D Anyway, I have a Zalman 6 ch which has 4 dial fan slots, and 2 toggle switches that have low/high and off. I figured to use that one for fans on 1 thru 4 and using 5 and 6 for lighting. That should work as my Elysium comes pre-installed with fan pcb splitters on the mobo tray which will be used for the rads. My black Ice triple 120's fans on 1 of them, then a 3-pin patch cable to fan controller. and the other pcb for my Swiftech dual 1400mm quiet power's 2 140mm fans with a patch cable going to #2 on the zalman. Slot 3 will be the hdd cage's 120mm spectre, and #4 will be for for the 140mm exhaust case fan and the -behind the mobo tray- 120mm spectre. Since they're both exhaust, it will work fine w/o exceeding the amp limit on the controller. I also have a Sunbeamtech multi-function unit that my kids got me, which has 2 multi speed fan controllers on it as well. I could use 1 of those for the 200mm spectre fan that's going to be mounted for cooling the vid card mem and pcb's for the time being, as well as getting some air across the mobo and memory. The second is still undecided but that's a good thing as ya never know when one will be needed right? If y'all want to see a rookie's build log it's listed here on Overclock.net::::
http://www.overclock.net/t/1368116/the-n…0#post_19694015