• 25.04.2024, 17:36
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Connecting flow and temp meters to PA2-using them to shut down system?

Freitag, 19. April 2013, 12:10

Hey y'all h2o cooling guru's! I have been searching this site as well as my overclock.net site trying to find information reguarding whether or not my koolance flow meter INS-FM17N and temp sensor Plug 50K Ohm - SEN-AP006G will work if directly connected to my PA2? Koolance offers an adapter, but it appeared as it's for connecting directly to mobo applications and not for people with pump and/or fan controllers with places for them. Ideas or advice is welcome! My next question, albeit not as important, is whether or not they can be used to shut down the system in the event of a flow stoppage or temperature rise above safe levels. I would prefer for the cpu overheat to not have to shut down the system. Hopefully that can be avoided as I don't want to risk damage to any components, or really to subject any of the hardware to even high temps for longevity. Thank you!!

oldcompgeek

System: Swiftech maelstrom res with mcp350 1t pump attached to it running 2 rads ( 1-dual 140 1- triple 120) and I5 3570K HIS 7770 oc in crossfire, and blocks on all including north, south bridges and pwm/mosfets and memory. Thanks again.

Freitag, 19. April 2013, 13:47

I can't tell you if the Koolance meter is compatible.

As far as shutting down the system using only a PA2, if your motherboard supports it you can use the rpm signal from the PA2: not all motherboards will shut down on loss of cpu fan rpm signal however, none of my Gigabyte boards do.

Nominally you would connect the rpm signal from the PA2 to the cpu fan header on the motherboard. Using the Aquasuite software you could set up an alarm for low flow or for high temperature and have the rpm signal to the motherboard stop on alarm. Then if your motherboard supports shut down on loss of the rpm signal (it thinks the cpu fan quit), you are good to go.

If not, then you would have buy an Aquaero 5 and use the relay either wired across the power switch or between the psu_on wire to trigger shutdown.

I have not tried the PA2 only method but it should work. I have my Aquaero 5 relay wired across the power switch and have an alarm set up for low flow and it shuts the pc down almost immediately.

Freitag, 19. April 2013, 20:25

The Aquaero uses 10K Ohm sensors

Sonntag, 21. April 2013, 23:54

Thanks for the info as there was 10k and 50k types on amazon, and luckily I got the 10k as it's the newer one. It stated the 50k was the "older" model. As far as the connection goes, it should plug right into the 2-pin header right? I shouldn't need the koolance adapter cable hopefully.I have heard from a few ppl that koolance's flow meter's aren't the best ones to get due to several issues.

Montag, 22. April 2013, 00:42

The 10K sensors just plug right in.