• 19.04.2024, 21:15
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

2x Aquaero 5 LT independently or 1 as slave?

Sonntag, 21. April 2013, 19:05

hi, I'm planning to get 2x Aquaero 5 LT, 2x Aquacomputer D5 with Aquabus, 1x USB Flow meter, and a few temp sensors.

I will probably need 5-7 channels for fans. now my question is, should I hook one of the AE5 as a slave to the other one, or use them independently? I currently have one AE5 LT, and from the aquasuite it says that a slave device will be able to control 4 fan channels and read from 4 sensors. so does that mean the slave will not be able to control the flow meter/D5 pumps?

from the AE5 LT manual, it seems like there are 2 aquabus connections (high/low), which one should I connect my pumps/flow meter to? what are the differences? (I think I'll also connect the pumps and flow meter via internal USB hub)

as for now, this is how I'm planning it:

AE5 LT (unit 1) will be connected to motherboard via USB
then I'll connect these to this AE5 LT:
via Aquabus High: AE5 LT (unit 2, as slave)
via Aquabus Low (and 2x Aquabus Y-splitters): 2x D5 pumps and 1x flow meter (these 3 will be connected to internal USB hub).
4 channels of fan
4 temperature sensors

AE5 LT (unit 2) will be connected to AE5 LT (unit 1) as mentioned above
then I'll connect 2-3 channels of fan to this unit.

will this work?

Sonntag, 21. April 2013, 20:27

In a Word..... NO... that won't work set up like that.. All MPS Sensors, XT pumps & power adjusts e.t.c need to be connected Via the "High Speed" Aquabus... The low speed Aquabus is used for something like a Multiswitch & Tubemeter..... (One uses a High speed the other uses a slower speed connection)

You are correct in that an Aquaero5 LT flashed as a slave device will only give you 4 x fan & 4 x temp sensor's extra.. No other connections are activated when the LT is used as slave unit.. So No.. you won't be able to use it for flow meters or pumps e.t.c..

Have a read HERE There are various sections & I am still adding to these Guide things & so they don't cover every aspect or set up that people have, but hopefully they'll help enough to get peoples started & on the right road...

Anyway give them a read & see what you make of it..

Good luck :)

N.

Sonntag, 21. April 2013, 20:30

In a Word..... NO... that won't work set up like that.. All MPS Sensors, XT pumps & power adjusts e.t.c need to be connected Via the "High Speed" Aquabus... The low speed Aquabus is used for something like a Multiswitch & Tubemeter..... (One uses a High speed the other uses a slower speed connection)

You are correct in that an Aquaero5 LT flashed as a slave device will only give you 4 x fan & 4 x temp sensor's extra.. No other connections are activated when the LT is used as slave unit.. So No.. you won't be able to use it for flow meters or pumps e.t.c..

Have a read HERE There are various sections & I am still adding to these Guide things & so they don't cover every aspect or set up that people have, but hopefully they'll help enough to get peoples started & on the right road...

Anyway give them a read & see what you make of it..

Good luck :)

N.
wow, what a coincidence, I just found that thread a few minutes ago.. thanks! I'll read through it and if I still have questions I'll post here/there. :)

Sonntag, 21. April 2013, 20:38

LOL... No worries.. I'll be happy to answer questions you may have...If I Can :) Either here or there... Probably easier for me to answer from there as I can link to certain areas easier. But Either is fine I check here quite often so not a problem...

Good luck

N.

Montag, 22. April 2013, 00:41

Nam, have you ever had experience with setting multiple AE 5 units independently? I can't seem to find sufficient info on this.

second question, can I connect 2x D5 pumps, 1x Flow meter to the single high speed aquabus by daisy-chaining them with the aquabus Y-splitter from aquacomputer? will I run into problem? and what if I connect those 3 devices using USB, but not to the AE 5? will I lose some control/monitoring functions?

thanks a lot!

Montag, 22. April 2013, 01:23

I've not used two separate units as persay no.... I did at first use the LT unit (from the review/guide thing) as a separate Aquaero 5 & so was running the Pro & LT as separate units only connected Via their respective USB's. This was mainly just to update it's firmware & lastly flash it as a slave unit..

For the short time I did have it connected as a standalone Aquaero 5 It worked fine running the 4 x fans I had connected & one PA unit running an Ehiems pump. It all worked fine for me with that particular set-up.. You just get 2 x Aquaero 5 Main Menu Tabs on the aquasuite start up page & set things up as normal like I did for my already installed Pro unit.. I hadn't had any plans for the LT unit to be used as a standalone unit really, so I didn't really go that deep with it on that set-up before I flashed it to be used as a Slave unit I'm afraid..

The only thing I really know about using two Aquaero's together but as stand alone devices, Is, That they both need to be connected to the USB only & not connected together through the Aquabus at all!!! & that there is a problem some people are having with running two Aquaero's (for which there is a work around I think I read somewhere here) but that AC is planning on a fix for this issue in the next Firmware Update.. No I don't know when the update is coming ;)

One thing I did learn when I was first installing & using the MPS, Pumps & Flow/Fill meters & was swapping around the Aquabus & USB cables... The Aquaero doesn't like cables being changed around while it still has any power going through it at all!!!! I found the only way I could swap cables at any given time without to many issues, Was to completely turn the PC off, switch the PSU off & disconnect the mains lead from the PSU.....

I Know... I Know.. that sounds extreme (when you think, well surely by turning it all off there would be no need to remove the mains lead as well!!).... Well!!!.... for me that wasn't always enough & after many hours of trying to figure out why things were going missing or not giving the readings they should, Re-installing many times & redoing all my settings many times over.....

It was only when I started to remove the mains lead as well as shutting everything down, That I found I was then able to disconnect & reconnect Aquabus cables & USB cables without Aquasuite loosing things or screwing up..
You can connect UPTO 4 MPS sensors at any one time Via the Aquabus using splitters (remember to set each MPS device you connect Aquabus ID #), You can still add many more ordinary devices that use the Aquabus (like power adjusts e.t.c) providing that they aren't MPS type..

If you use the devices Via their USB you will have pretty as much control, in some cases you may get more options & any alarms for these devices will need to be set from their own Menu's in Aquasuite & you will not have any control over them from within the "Aquaero 5 Main Unit Tab", Each device connected Via USB will have it's own Menu Tab..

Hope that helps..

N.

Montag, 22. April 2013, 01:48

I've not used two separate units as persay no.... I did at first use the LT unit (from the review/guide thing) as a separate Aquaero 5 & so was running the Pro & LT as separate units only connected Via their respective USB's. This was mainly just to update it's firmware & lastly flash it as a slave unit..

For the short time I did have it connected as a standalone Aquaero 5 It worked fine running the 4 x fans I had connected & one PA unit running an Ehiems pump. It all worked fine for me with that particular set-up.. You just get 2 x Aquaero 5 Main Menu Tabs on the aquasuite start up page & set things up as normal like I did for my already installed Pro unit.. I hadn't had any plans for the LT unit to be used as a standalone unit really, so I didn't really go that deep with it on that set-up before I flashed it to be used as a Slave unit I'm afraid..

The only thing I really know about using two Aquaero's together but as stand alone devices, Is, That they both need to be connected to the USB only & not connected together through the Aquabus at all!!! & that there is a problem some people are having with running two Aquaero's (for which there is a work around I think I read somewhere here) but that AC is planning on a fix for this issue in the next Firmware Update.. No I don't know when the update is coming ;)

One thing I did learn when I was first installing & using the MPS, Pumps & Flow/Fill meters & was swapping around the Aquabus & USB cables... The Aquaero doesn't like cables being changed around while it still has any power going through it at all!!!! I found the only way I could swap cables at any given time without to many issues, Was to completely turn the PC off, switch the PSU off & disconnect the mains lead from the PSU.....

I Know... I Know.. that sounds extreme (when you think, well surely by turning it all off there would be no need to remove the mains lead as well!!).... Well!!!.... for me that wasn't always enough & after many hours of trying to figure out why things were going missing or not giving the readings they should, Re-installing many times & redoing all my settings many times over.....

It was only when I started to remove the mains lead as well as shutting everything down, That I found I was then able to disconnect & reconnect Aquabus cables & USB cables without Aquasuite loosing things or screwing up..
You can connect UPTO 4 MPS sensors at any one time Via the Aquabus using splitters (remember to set each MPS device you connect Aquabus ID #), You can still add many more ordinary devices that use the Aquabus (like power adjusts e.t.c) providing that they aren't MPS type..

If you use the devices Via their USB you will have pretty as much control, in some cases you may get more options & any alarms for these devices will need to be set from their own Menu's in Aquasuite & you will not have any control over them from within the "Aquaero 5 Main Unit Tab", Each device connected Via USB will have it's own Menu Tab..

Hope that helps..

N.
I see.. the only downside that I could think of (from running the two AE 5 units independently) might be that one AE 5 won't be able to access the values read by the sensors connected to the other AE 5. this is just a guess, based on the fact that we control/manage the virtual sensors under the "aquaero 5" tab, so if I have two of them, there will be two different separate tabs. please correct me if I'm wrong.

my next question.. (sorry to spam you with so many questions, but I just want to make sure how everything will work, before buying)

let's say, if I connect my aquacomputer D5 pump to BOTH the USB header on the motherboard AND the Aquaero 5 (via aquabus), how will that appear in the software? or should I just choose one between USB or aquabus? assuming I can choose either one, which one would be better?

btw thanks for the tips about turning the computer off before changing cables. that might save me a lot of time in the future. :D

EDIT: another question, I currently have one Aquaero 5 LT (using it as fan controller and software monitoring). I have set a curve control for my CPU cooler fans (Corsair H100). however, the fan speed does not match the curve (like, according to the curve, they should be running at 40% power, but they're running at 60%). I have checked the fans' minimum and maximum at the Aquaero 5 tab, they're set to 40% and 100%. what's wrong here?

EDIT 2: solved this one.. apparently the software will rescale the curve 0% at the curve means the minimum fan power, in this case 40%, 100% at the curve means the maximum.. so 40% at the curve translates to around 60% actual power.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »lemniscate« (22. April 2013, 02:57)

Montag, 22. April 2013, 07:16

When you have the D5 usb connected by USB and Aquabus it has its own menu tab where you can choose its control priority to be either USB or Aquabus

If you choose USB it will run at the manual speed you set in its own MPS tab, If Aquabus is selected it will respond to any controller you add it to in Aquasuite and will show in the ouputs tab of the Aquaero tab

SO ... if you just want pumps to run at a fixed speed then USB or Aquabus is fine ... If you want the pumps to change speed while running, you will need to use Aquabus.

Hope that makes sense

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (22. April 2013, 07:19)

Montag, 22. April 2013, 08:30

When you have the D5 usb connected by USB and Aquabus it has its own menu tab where you can choose its control priority to be either USB or Aquabus

If you choose USB it will run at the manual speed you set in its own MPS tab, If Aquabus is selected it will respond to any controller you add it to in Aquasuite and will show in the ouputs tab of the Aquaero tab

SO ... if you just want pumps to run at a fixed speed then USB or Aquabus is fine ... If you want the pumps to change speed while running, you will need to use Aquabus.

Hope that makes sense
I see. so even if I connect the pumps only via aquabus, I won't lose anything? I think that's good, since if I hook everything to the aquaero 5, I don't need internal USB hub, lol. :D

thanks for the answer!

Montag, 22. April 2013, 09:23

I've tried to explain the differences in settings when using either Aquabus or USB connections with the USB D5's HERE & this guide type thing has screen shots that might help more to visualise what you'll get.. :)

N.