• 23.04.2024, 22:14
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

MCP35X pump in PowerAdjust 2 Ultra

Samstag, 27. April 2013, 01:43

Hi,

I have a PowerAdjust2 Ultra connected by USB to control my pump MCP35X. But in AquaSuite, i don't have a section for my pump, just one section for a fans controls. and with this section and I can't control a pump speed.

My english is very poor so i toke some screen shoot

sorry for my english

Thanks

[img]http://forum.aquacomputer.de/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=3946&h=b1e5bc80f1c83e8a4918dd3da7c16784e934e02f[/img]
[img]http://forum.aquacomputer.de/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=3947&h=81b0565b34c49e65e62854bf611803b2c9d936a9[/img]
[img]http://forum.aquacomputer.de/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=3948&h=9ab11da1fbe1cfa4e5646aa1a1f87c658bb5cca9[/img]
»neyphos« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • PA2_Demo.jpg
  • PA2_Fan.jpg
  • schema_PA2.jpeg

PA2

Samstag, 27. April 2013, 02:53

Your Power adjust 2 will show up as another fan, it can be controlled just like a fan with your Aquaero. You can change the name in the Aquaero menu to pump. I have a crimp tool so I put the RPM lead together with the pump 3 pin connector, this way I see the RPM of the impeller on the pump. The PA2 3 pin header acts the same as a 3 pin fan header on your Aquaero or your motherboard. If you have more than one PA2 you need to assign them with an address #50: #51: #52 you can find out how to do this in this forum sorry I forget how it's done I only have one PA2..

PA2

Samstag, 27. April 2013, 12:23

I don't have a Aquaero, juste one PowerAdjust Ultra connected with USB to my motherboard.
I have 1 temp sensor and 1 flow sensor, both works fine.
But for the pump, in fan section, The speed rpm is wrong (1500 rpm instead of 4400 rpm for MCP35X)
before connect my pump in PA2, i connected a fan for a little test of my PA2. maybe the problem is here.

I made a picture of the connection between my pump and PA2, the problem may be the connection...

Thanks!

[img]http://forum.aquacomputer.de/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=3959&h=ef6d7886bb891bca330e10035c88851d2f7cc4ca[/img]
»neyphos« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • IMG_0136R.jpg

Samstag, 27. April 2013, 12:27

The 35X is a PWM pump and does not respond well to voltage control with devices like the poweradjust. It has a very narrow voltage operating range, so using voltage to control it is pretty pointless.

Samstag, 27. April 2013, 14:39

If I plug the PWM pump in my motherboard, I can see the pump speed is 4500 rpm.

But if I plug the pump in the PA2, as you can see in the screen 'PA2_FAN.jpg' in post 1, in aquasuite, I have 0 rpm.

So even though I can't control the pump, I should be able to see the good speed in RPM, no ?

Samstag, 27. April 2013, 16:36

Make sure the single Red RPM wire is meeting up with the Sence wire on the pump PWM connector. That wiring looks wrong to me.

It looks like the RPM wire is connected to the PWM control wire. It looks like you need to slide the single wire connector over on the 4 pin connector. It should not be able to connect like it is.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (27. April 2013, 16:54)

Samstag, 27. April 2013, 19:19

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2011/02/25/s…-35x-reservoir/ Take a look at this, My pump is isn't PWM but I do have PWM fans that I control with the Aquaero, 3 pin headers that aren't PWM, so I don't see why you would have a problem with that . The Poweradjust 2 is a stand alone device that should work fine for what you want. maybe you should uninstall the PA2 program and re-install it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Nihil Simile« (27. April 2013, 19:21)

Samstag, 27. April 2013, 20:40

Just my two cents worth for what it's worth ;) ....

[img]http://forum.aquacomputer.de/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=3959&h=ef6d7886bb891bca330e10035c88851d2f7cc4ca[/img]
In this above pic you posted... It's always been in my experience that the Blue Wire is for RPM readings & the Green wire is for PWM control..

SO!!! If that's the case, you have the pump PWM wire connected to the PA & not the RPM wire... So that would probably explain why the PA is not picking up any RPM signals from it's one wire pin connect plug that your using.

In the above pic your PA is just picking up the PWM wire.. I suggest you might try & swap those green & blue wires around & see what you get then :) ... Might not work.... But certainly looks a better option than the one you got connected up at the moment..

Good luck :D

N.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namron« (27. April 2013, 20:45)

Sonntag, 28. April 2013, 11:52

The optimal way to connect a MCP35x pump (or any pwm device) is to give the pump a full 12v, and control via a pwm header. PWM enabled devices don't work the same way as a 3 pin fan.
The MCP35x comes with two leads, one is a 4 pin molex for connecting to your power supply, the other is a 4 pin fan connector that carries the rpm and pwm wire and should be plugged into a pwm enabled header for control and monitoring of rpm.
As Namron said, the green wire is pwm and the blue wire is rpm for the MCP35x pump. Careful you don't blow the pump by wiring it incorrectly. You should not be connecting power or ground to the rpm and pwm wires of the pump.

If you must use the PA2 for the pump power supply then you would attach the 12v & ground leads from the pump to a 3 pin fan connector and plug it into the output (3 pin fan header) of the PA2 and set the voltage for a full 12v. You would still need to plug the 4 pin fan connector carrying the rpm and pwm wire from the pump to a pwm enabled header on the motherboard.