• 24.04.2024, 15:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Help with the aquaero power connect - 24 pin ATX standby power / ATX break

Montag, 29. April 2013, 04:49

Id like to add the Hardware Shutdown ability to my build using my Aquaero 5.
I dont understand well this wire, so I didnt buy it yet:
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=1636

Since Im making all my wiring from scratch, can I just make the connection without having to buy this particular wire?
Maybe somebody can explain me how.

Thanks a lot

GB

Montag, 29. April 2013, 12:26

If you understand this diagram, then yes, it's pretty easy to do. I have my relay wired across the power switch, and 5v Standby power directly from my 24 pin ATX wires.

Montag, 29. April 2013, 15:05

Im not that good with electric connections.
Do you have a diagram without the 53047 adaptor?
Im not sure how the whole Relais and the power/stand by part works without the adapter.

Thanks a lot, sorry im not good at reading the diagram

GB

Montag, 29. April 2013, 16:05

Parallel_circuits the power switch and the relay
»EnigmaG« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • 1224741.png

Montag, 29. April 2013, 16:20

Basically you can wire the relay across the power switch, or between pin 16 wire from the psu. Either way it shuts the psu down except for the 5V standby when the relay is energized. Which method you use is up to you, personally I found it easier to just wire across the switch on the case as EnigmaG shows in his diagram.

Then you will probably want to supply the Aquaero with 5V standby, as is shown in the diagram I posted.

Montag, 29. April 2013, 16:20

I see

And how the relais is connected to the AE5?
I think the relais have 3 pins correct?

Montag, 29. April 2013, 16:22

Pins 1 & 3 on the relay.

Montag, 29. April 2013, 16:40

Then you will probably want to supply the Aquaero with 5V standby, as is shown in the diagram I posted.

I think, thet is only necessary for the pin 16 thing, USB should-be suffice for wire across the switch

Montag, 29. April 2013, 16:49

I think, thet is only necessary for the pin 16 thing, USB should-be suffice for wire across the switch
You might be right. I thought it was necessary to reset the relay, but it might not. I did it anyway so I don't know for sure.