• 25.04.2024, 16:55
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Have i blown my pwm controller? and any possible fix?

Donnerstag, 23. Mai 2013, 00:47

So i was experimenting with some LED strips.
I already have one piece connected to one of the PWM 2 pin plugs and that is working fine.

but i got another strip and was testing it out without cutting it down first. I knew i was pushing my luck cos by my calcs it was drawing 14.4 watts so about 1.2 amps. and the limit as far as i know is 1 amp.

i thought i'd get away with it without cutting the strip yet, but then after a few minutes it cut out and won't come back on now.
I plugged my other short led strip into it and that doesn't work, so i guess the pwm channel is knackered.

what is likely to be blown on this and is there likely to be any fix i can do?
is it likely to be the VRM cos i think i can see that and probs replace that if i had to.

it's not the end of the world, just annoying that i made such a silly mistake.
:(

Freitag, 24. Mai 2013, 11:25

Yep, you probably blew something in the Aquaero. Best thing to do is drop Aqua Computer an email and see about getting it fixed, unless you are an electronics wiz and can figure it out yourself. They are pretty reasonable with their repairs, but shipping is killer depending on where you live since you have to send the unit to Germany.
Or just live without it.

I have a Pro being repaired now, a pump died and fried a transisitor.

Freitag, 24. Mai 2013, 12:15

I've already bought a replacement for the part i think it could be (it was cheap)
i could replace it if that was the problem, i have a good enough soldering iron and enough skills for that. anything more complicated and i would probably just live without it. everything else still seems to work ok.

the aquaero is installed in a really tricky place in my case, i'd have to take a lot of stuff out to remove it.

Freitag, 24. Mai 2013, 13:55

Did you see some physical damage to a part?
Give it a go, and the best of luck to you. As long as nothing else gets borked I guess you got nothing to lose.
Let us know how it turns out. :thumbup: