• 25.04.2024, 01:23
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

multiple PWM controllers???

Samstag, 1. Juni 2013, 14:32

I have a need for 6 PWM controllers, I don't have a need for the XT/PRO version of the AQ5, so I'm planning on getting the LT version. But that only gives me 3 PWM controllers, I read somewhere that a slave AQ5 cant use its PWM outputs, but can I use 3 PA2Ultras? What would be the best configuration to give me 6 or more PWM outputs?

Thanks in advance!

Samstag, 1. Juni 2013, 14:37

I am under the belief that the AQ5 has 1 PWM fan channel, and 2 pwm light controllers.

Samstag, 1. Juni 2013, 15:19

This is true, AQ5 does have 1 PWM Fan header, and 2PWM Light Controllers, so it does have 3 PWM signals. but that still leaves me lacking 3. Does the PA2Ultras have a PWM output on them? or is their output purely voltage regulation? If I need more PWM signals, are AQ5's (on a separate buss) the only option to provide more PWM signals?

Pilo

Samstag, 1. Juni 2013, 16:49

This is true, AQ5 does have 1 PWM Fan header, and 2PWM Light Controllers, so it does have 3 PWM signals. but that still leaves me lacking 3. Does the PA2Ultras have a PWM output on them? or is their output purely voltage regulation? If I need more PWM signals, are AQ5's (on a separate buss) the only option to provide more PWM signals?

1.) No.
2.) Yes.
3.) Maybe, but that would be Overkill!

For what do you need the PWM signals? Pumps, Fans, Lighting....?
->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

Samstag, 1. Juni 2013, 19:14

Thank you for the specific answers.

Primarily I have 4 specifc devices (not off the shelf) that *require* a PWM signal, and voltage regulation is not an option.... so in this case 2 lt's seem to be the only option. But I would also like the 3 fan banks to work based on PWM as well, but it seems thats not possible, maybe with the 2nd lt, 2 fan banks, and the 4 PWM's are functional, but that leaves nothing for lighting.... :cursing:

and the 3rd bank would have to utilize the regulators.... Pumps are easy, they're AC d5 pumps, so USB/AQBus is the way to control them.

Thanks Pilo, if PA2 doesnt have any PWM output, then that only leaves a 2nd Aquaero LT as an option...
Although, in the back of my mind, I thought I read somewhere that the MultiSwitch had a PWM output, but I cant find it in the specs anywhere now. Any information on this? ?(

*EDIT* - I felt it was a little more necessary to explain the PWM requirements, the 4 devices that require PWM do so because it switching close to 1200watts of power between them, even if the PA's could handle the load, setting them at 1/2 load would effectively be dumping 600 watts to the heat sink. (which would then require its own cooling system), PWM allows me to use only 600watts at 1/2 load, without the extraneous heat generated by creating the huge amount of resistance necessary to burn off the 600 watts. I'm also aware that the Aquaero cant handle this load, which is why only the signal is important, the signal is being fed into an amplifier with its own power source. Since this is an active cooling system, I thought Aqua-Computer was the way to go, In fact I still do, but its a matter of finding the right components to get it working well together. All that said, I appreciate any further input that I can still solicit.

Thank again.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »J.D.« (1. Juni 2013, 20:00)

Pilo

Samstag, 1. Juni 2013, 19:49

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Pilo« (1. Juni 2013, 19:52)

->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com