• 24.04.2024, 21:23
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

AIRPLEX MODULARITY SYSTEM – RAD Reservoir Pre-Sales Questions

Donnerstag, 20. Juni 2013, 05:05

Hello,

Considering the "integrated reservoir" flexibility of choice on the AMS Rad:
It is of my understanding, that if mounting the AMS Rad with integrated pump module in a "Vertical" position (with always the pump at lowest position) that we should possibly consider the additional reservoir option:

http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2779

My translation "This reservoir can be fitted at the end piece of the Airplex Modularity Series RADS with a water circuit. For upright use this reservoir can be used optimally in this position"

So my three questions I have:

1) By this method, could we also totally do away with having external reservoirs and use this also as a feed (fill port purpose) and bleed (air) at the top?
(Based on a vertical mount of a RAD)

My comment would be this should not stop one from also using in a vertical position...some further interesting flexibility...like it could be at lower part of the installation and used as a drain point also.

2) Visuals -> Does this only ship with stainless steel Top or does it also ship with a clear top and also have provision you add in a light source so we then have visual inspection without the need to pull it down to make maintenance inspections?
(Side benefit show off the fluid)

3) Dimensions/Size of this module?

As with most of the fantastic looking AC products...documentation is super secretive...well it appears that way to me. I think there is some room for aquacomputer to further develop this product and add more information on their website.

I am a newbie, so I apologies if I don't have answers, just some ideas. Lucky there is this Forum.

Cheers,
8)

Pilo

Donnerstag, 20. Juni 2013, 15:19

I can answer your 2nd question. There was an optional clear acrylic glass top at the beginning...but because of massiv cracking that window panel was discontinued, for similar products also.

Neue Radiatoren: airplex modularity system

AMS D5 Pumpenmodul

P.S. You are not the only one who doesn't understand why Aqua Computer doesn't release any official documents with dimensions for their products. Many others ask the same question again and again before, without any satisfying comment from AC, though. Only Aqua Computer knows why it's such a secret or maybe hassle? But reality is, it's not very customer-friendly. The only choice you have is to ask the support and perhaps you get an inofficial drawing with some dimension data. Good luck. ;)
->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

Freitag, 21. Juni 2013, 10:39

Pico, now on Point 2, you have raised an interesting controversial thought.

Hopefully the man who likes to eat sponges will pop his head in on this topic of the plexi crack rumours.
I dont disagree on what you have mentioned as a possible reason, but I think the real reason is AC have obmitted to manufacture the plexiglass component.

If as you indicate the Plexiglass was taken away from the AMS Rad Reservoirs (Yes we can only all speculate, until AC says an official word) because of cracking... then the following product examples are at equal risk:

1) Filter with Stainless Steel Mesh GIZMO...(Most Alien product on their site!)
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2421

2) Aquabox professional (Not sure what makes it professional :P )
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2452

3) Aquatube
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2036

4) acrylic glass edition VIDEO Water Blocks (oooh yeah..one day)
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=3014

SO a great QUESTION to be asked of Aquacomputing... Are the windows at risk at Cracking under normal use? If no ...then AC I dont think have that as a reason to withhold the clear top for the AMS RAD RES.

:S

Scott-S6

Samstag, 3. August 2013, 17:17

The windowed bay res that's been discontinued and the AMS windowed res that never happened have something in common that none of the items you posted have - a fill port in the window. This is a major weak spot.

The reservoir for AMS units in vertical config does eliminate the need for a res elsewhere. One thing to be aware of - because of the design of the fill port, it's not great for bleeding (when water is moving it pushes into the fill port whilst trapping bubbles in the main area of the res). However, if you remove the metal panel it's great for bleeding.

Also, it doesn't have the fill port with the metal panel so making an acrylic top is pretty easy. Here's one I made this morning (pale tint acrylic):

It's a pretty simple shape so producing the drawings was straightforwards. You don't see a lot though. Reservoirs with top windows tend to collect lots of condensation.

ETA, let me know if you want .dxf file.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Scott-S6« (3. August 2013, 18:08)