• 09.06.2024, 18:27
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Traches

High GPU usage from desktop visualization

Sonntag, 23. Juni 2013, 04:22

I'm having a problem with the aquaero desktop visualizations-- specifically gauges, and to a lesser extent bar graphs. When I add these items to a page and overlay them on my desktop, my GPU utilization goes up to around 60% at idle. This doesn't happen until the visualizations are overlayed on my actual desktop; inside the aquaero app usage is negligible. Basic system specs - Windows 8, Aquaero 5 LT, GTX 670 x2 in SLI, intel 2600k, everything overclocked & stable.

I had a few other thoughts-- these visualizations are awesome, but leave a little to be desired. For it to be a complete monitoring setup I really need to be able to add various system measurements such as CPU and memory usage. Also, a little more freedom in changing the blueish title bar, concatenation of text readouts, and overall formatting of various visualizations would not go amiss. Thanks!

Sonntag, 23. Juni 2013, 09:42

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Grasshopper« (24. Juni 2013, 01:46)

Traches

Sonntag, 23. Juni 2013, 17:45

I'm sure I can schedule tasks as well, but how does that solve the GPU usage problem?

Dienstag, 13. August 2013, 00:36

i have the same problem

in fact the extra gpu usage was putting enough heat into my system to stop my fans dropping down to minimum.
i didn't solve it, i just removed the desktop overlay.

the aquaero has been so reliable anyway i stopped needing the overlay to check everything was alright anyway.

but a fix would still be nice