• 24.04.2024, 01:17
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Jeremy

Can the Aquaero 5 LT run a DDC3.2 plus fans?

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013, 03:01

The DDC3.2 is rated for Nominal Power (@ 12 V) 14 to 19W and Nominal Current (@ 12 V) 1.16 to 1.58A according to Swiftech.

The Aquaero 5 is rated for 1.65A/channel, maximum power is dynamically limited through temperature monitoring.

What concerns me is the description for the PowerAdjust 2:
"The poweradjust 2 is primarily optimized for the control of Laing DDC pumps, but also other consumers with up to 25W continuous power at 12 volts can be connected to the controller."

So, is the Aquaero 5 LT capable of running a DDC3.2 plus around 5 fans or not? Startup amperage for the DDC will be higher than “nominal”, but I don’t know by how much. My Aquaero will have the aluminum heatsink and sit right behind an intake fan so it should have decent cooling for the VRMs.

The fans are rated at 0.30A each (1.5A total), the DDC3.2 at 1.6A. That’s a total of 3.1 A for everything. Do I need to be concerned or will the Aquaero 5 drive all that without issue? I can hook the pump to a different (manual) controller, but I’d rather remove that entirely and run everything through the Aquaero if possible.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jeremy« (10. Juli 2013, 03:03)

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013, 03:27

Is a good question, if the AQ5 can handle 12W( 1 amp) with aluminum heat sink / channel( it has 4) , what can it do with the copper water block?

Jeremy

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013, 03:36

Is a good question, if the AQ5 can handle 12W( 1 amp) with aluminum heat sink / channel
Where did you get that spec? Documentation I can find says 20 watts per channel, but dynamically controlled for heat considerations. It doesn't say anything about what to expect with what cooling.