• 25.04.2024, 08:17
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Easy Fan questions!

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013, 11:18

Sorry for the newbish question but i couldnt find a definitive answer for either of these!

1) I'm really interested in buying 8 120mm Scythe Gentle Typhoon Fans to use with my Aquaero 5 the spec on them is as follows:

1450rpm
50CFM
21 dba
power usage 0.2amps

I'm a little concerned that they wont move enough air and would rather buy bigger, beefier fans and simply limit or throttle them to lower RPM's to throttle the noise and have the extra power in reserve if its needed. However do the larger fans make more noise even when throttled to the same RPM as quieter fans? Even if there by the same manafacturer and same model?

2) I've noticed that the "startup" power figure for the fans in question are 0.96 amps per fan and i plan on using 2 of them per channel which puts me over the rated power of the aquaero 5 controller.... however there maximum operating currents are 0.56amps which is under the 1.5amps quoter for the aquaero!! Should i be worried?

~Any info would be truly awesome as i was hoping to order some fans up today :(

Jeremy

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013, 17:19

Easy option is to start them up at reduced voltage, say 5V instead of 12V. They should still start up just fine, and they'll draw less amperage as they start that way.

Donnerstag, 11. Juli 2013, 02:32

Gentle typhoons are good and work well on radiators as they have a high static pressure which is a good thing for radiators.
this link might help though.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6177/choos…-corsairs-h80/5

Freitag, 12. Juli 2013, 06:44

A 0.96A startup draw seems excessive, also 0.5A per fan for AP14's is way over what they actually use. 0.05 is more like it.

Many people run a lot more than 2 fans per channel of the more powerful AP15 without any trouble. In my limited experience with GT's they are actually one of the less power hungry fans available.

Fan noise when mounted to radiators is largely a product of blade design and running a faster fan at reduced voltage should make really the same noise as slower fans. Martin has done some testing and there may be slight differences but not anything noticeable until you get into the area of fans that are like 1000 RPM faster. AP15's and AP14's will make the same noise at the same speed, or close enough that it is barely measurable and certainly not noticeable.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (12. Juli 2013, 06:46)

Freitag, 12. Juli 2013, 14:32

I run 8x AP-15's per channel on the Aquaero with no problems whatever. The Gentle Typhoon AP-15's are rated at .083A according to the sticker on the fans.
My fans usually run down in the 700-900 rpm range and they are pretty quiet. Before I removed two of my radiators I used to run the AP-15's down in the 600 or less rpm range which is do-able if you use startboost to kickstart the fans.