• 20.04.2024, 06:24
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

D5 Pump Failure

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013, 13:50

Thank god for Pump redundancy and Aquacomputer Aquasuite monitoring on the G19! :)
I should point out its not an AC D5 just a laing D5.

I am Intel of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

i7 3930K @5Ghz - X79 ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4x SLI GTX580 - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4x GTX 360 rads 24x CM fans - Aquaero 5 XT +6 PA2 Ultras - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Case - 2 x 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD

Jeremy

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013, 17:16

Did you run it full speed or reduced? How long did it last for you?

Freitag, 12. Juli 2013, 09:55

Did you run it full speed or reduced? How long did it last for you?

I have a curve controller set with a minimum voltage of about 8.2v when system is under light load and water temps are stable but it does spin up to 12v when the system is under high load.

I turned fan controller voltage to zero and back to full voltage in Aquasuite and the pump has restarted but it seems to fluctuate and eventually shut off if I put it back to the automatic curve controller i have setup.
The pumps are about 2 years old.

So its either;

1) an intermittent electrical issue that only shows up when at less than full power, or
2) blockage stuck in impeller, or
3) flaky fan controller channel on the AQ5

The current draw is the same as the other 3 pumps and the controller isnt over heating so im leaning towards an intermittent electrical problem on the pump or blockage.

I have Koolance blue coolant thats been in there for almost 2 years now so maybe some gunk dislodged from the CPU block. Ill hopefully discover the issue when I pull down the loop over the weekend. Its due for an inspection anyway!

I certainly hope its not a problem with the controller! :S
I am Intel of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

i7 3930K @5Ghz - X79 ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4x SLI GTX580 - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4x GTX 360 rads 24x CM fans - Aquaero 5 XT +6 PA2 Ultras - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Case - 2 x 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD

Freitag, 12. Juli 2013, 14:21

But are you running a D5 straight off a fan channel under voltage control? That's a pretty good load....
I've measured as much as 1.8A current draw from a D5 on startup....that's enough to blow a fan channel on the Aquaero.