• 18.04.2024, 07:59
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Can I run 8 x aquabus d5 pumps

Samstag, 20. Juli 2013, 00:13

Hi all.
I'm new to the forum and have a few questions for some of the tekkies on here.

I have gone and purchased the Aquaero 5 xt and 6 poweradjust ultra's and 2 multi switches plus the real time clock expansion.
I also have the water block for the Aquaero plus 14 waterblock temperature probes.
I need to run 8 aquabus d5 pumps in 4 loops, 28 fans with led's and approx 10 sets of 12" and 6" led strips and some waterblock led's.
Fans will be setup onto 3 x 360 radiators with push and pull and 2 120 rads with push and pull.

1. Will I be able to control the rpm of each radiator? (3 x 6 fan sets and 2 x 2 fan sets)
2. Will I be able to control that many led's?
3. What cables do I need to buy to connect them all together?
4. Can I power them off the psu and just connect the pwm bit to the Aquaero
5. Can I make pump sets (8 pumps in 4 sets) with identical settings as I don't wan't them running different speeds due to them being inline in the same pump top (bitspower dual)

Thanks very much in advance.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mganddrea« (20. Juli 2013, 02:49)

RE: Can I run 8 x aquabus d5 pumps

Samstag, 20. Juli 2013, 15:00

Zitat

Hi all.
I'm new to the forum and have a few questions for some of the tekkies on here.

Welcome to the forum

Zitat

1. Will I be able to control the rpm of each radiator? (3 x 6 fan sets and 2 x 2 fan sets)
2. Will I be able to control that many led's?
3. What cables do I need to buy to connect them all together?
4. Can I power them off the psu and just connect the pwm bit to the Aquaero
5. Can I make pump sets (8 pumps in 4 sets) with identical settings as I don't wan't them running different speeds due to them being inline in the same pump top (bitspower dual)

I try to answering you...but...but...please always wait someone more expert as me

1) You can control rpm of each fans trough Aquaero and Power Adjust
2) Yes
3) A lot of cables included on the original box sent by Aquacomputer
4) What do you want power off from psu?? Are you talking about fans pwm??
5) I suppose, I'm not sure...however I suppose...I mean...if you set two D5 pump USB or not and you can control by Aquaero and Aquabus....I think aquasuite will see the pumps as only one and sw will set up to work at the same rpm. You can multiply four time and you'll get 8 pumps working as 4.

I repeat...wait for someone others more experienced as me. Hope to have been helpfull ^^

Thanks

Samstag, 20. Juli 2013, 18:33

Hi,
Thanks for your response.
With question 4, I was asking about the pumps and fans. I'm worried I might be putting too much stress on the unit trying to control that many items as I may be exceeding the rated watts drawn from the aquaero.
With 8 pumps, would I be able to get readings and control them all through the aquaero?
Is 14 temperature probes too many?
I'm loving this aquaero. It's exactly what I was looking for. I literally came accross it by chance while looking at simple £50 fan controllers. Now i'm into it for over a grand.
I'm dreading setting it up tho.
Thanks a million "Titanio" :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Montag, 22. Juli 2013, 00:48

Looks as I don't know aquaero so good...

Asked similar question on Italian forum and I received a different answer...it looks as aquaero can't get all pumps...which one I supposed it could do....sorry..

It's look as you need to buy power adjust to control all 8 pumps because seems as aquaero stressed a lot of using 2 D5 pumps. So I came in my mind about your question and I thought would better to correct my answer.

So, that's italian forum people (more expertise) answer to a similar question. Perhaps some one others will answer different....I don't really know. I don't have 8 pumps and I can't try...

Good Luck and sorry...that's all my skill on the arguments

Montag, 22. Juli 2013, 02:52

I have bought 6 poweradjust ultra's and 2 multiswitch.
Would that enable me to run all 8 pumps?
Thanks

Montag, 22. Juli 2013, 03:33

You have listed the USB D5 pumps ... when controlled via Aquabus there is a limit of 4 separate mps devices.
If you connect them all via USB though I'm pretty sure there is no limit to the number ... You can manually set the speed of each one then and see each pumps RPM

If you want the Aquaero to adjust the speed of the pumps automatically it needs to have an Aquabus connection though,
I'm not sure if maybe you could set 4 lots of two pumps to the same aquabus address and each set of 2 pumps would then behave as one.

Depending on the fans you use and how much power they draw you could probably run 5 radiators with just the Aquaero and a single power adjust ultra. I'm not sure why you have six of them?

You mentioned PWM control but not what you are controlling with it? I assume you mean fans but there is only a single PWM header on the Aquaero and the power adjusts are not PWM capable.

LED strips will depend on how much power they draw, but I'm not much help with that. There are threads on this forum where people have talked about using them though.

Montag, 22. Juli 2013, 11:28

The D5 are all aquabus models with temp, usb, tacho and aquabus connections and are adjustable with the AQ.
I bought 6 poweradjusts as each has a spare aquabus connection. Also the real time clock addon has 2 aquabus connections.
My logic was that I could add 8 pumps to the 8 available aquabus connections I have and control them all.
Not really sure on the use of multi-switch other than led control. I need to control 28 leds built into fans and about 10 separate 12" and 6" cold cathode.
My fans aren't pwm controlled. Can I adjust that many fans with the hardware I have?
Do you think I have to many poweradjusts and multi-switches for what I need to control?
Thanks Jakusonfire and Titanio for you help so far :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Montag, 22. Juli 2013, 11:58

Jakusonfire Has pretty much summed it up really... You can only control 4 MPS devices through the Aquabus at any one time (your AC USB D5 pumps will all draw power direct from the PSU & not through the Aquaero so the power draw of the pumps will not be an issue for the unit).... I have done afew & varied guides for the Aquaero e.t.c HERE Have a read up, but be warned there's alot to read!!!.. Look at some of my other thread guides about various Aqualis & MPS Guides e.tc. There all in the same Review section to where I linked above.. It seems to me that you may have gone over board with the PA's & maybe one too many Multi switch units ?..

When I got more time I'll go through your post & try to come up with a more definitive answer, but in the meantime as I said have a look at the guide I linked to above & see if it helps you some :)...

Good luck

N.

Montag, 22. Juli 2013, 20:30

Hi Namron.
I've already read your guide. I've ordered a few things based on your guide such as the waterblock. Excellent guide.
I didn't find anything with limits (other than power draw) that would not enable the pumps to all be run.
What are MPS Devices??
The Aquabus pumps are controlled and don't have a physical dial to change the speed. How would I change the speed if I can only have 4 plugged in?
Do you know what the standard speed will be on them?
I've attatched a pic of the pumps i'm using.
Thanks
»mganddrea« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • aquabus d5.jpg

Dienstag, 23. Juli 2013, 07:41

You can only control a maximum of 4 of these pumps on one Aquaero. To control another 4 pumps I assume you would simply have to use a second Aquaero. The pumps do not have a 'standard' speed but they are set at 100% output when they are shipped. To change this connect them via USB and change the output in the Aquasuite software.

Dienstag, 23. Juli 2013, 08:09

Hi Namron.
I've already read your guide. I've ordered a few things based on your guide such as the waterblock. Excellent guide.
I didn't find anything with limits (other than power draw) that would not enable the pumps to all be run.
What are MPS Devices??
The Aquabus pumps are controlled and don't have a physical dial to change the speed. How would I change the speed if I can only have 4 plugged in?
Do you know what the standard speed will be on them?
I've attatched a pic of the pumps i'm using.
Thanks
You can only control a maximum of 4 of these pumps on one Aquaero. To control another 4 pumps I assume you would simply have to use a second Aquaero. The pumps do not have a 'standard' speed but they are set at 100% output when they are shipped. To change this connect them via USB and change the output in the Aquasuite software.
Hi mganddrea

As cc01 said really, Because you can only connect & control 4 of these pumps Via the Aquabus at any one time (the Aquaero see's these pumps as MPS devices (Multi purpose Sensors)) you'd have to either set the other 4 pumps manually Via their USB or get a second Aquaero (an LT variant would suffice for this). Also as cc01 says I believe the pumps come set as 100% from the factory...

The MPS Sensors include the Fill Level/Pressure Sensors, MPS Flow Sensors e.t.c.... So if you use up the 4 MPS slots that can be connected to the Aquaero at any one time with 4 of your 8 pumps, any other MPS devices you wanted to use would need to be connected Via USB...

N.

Dienstag, 23. Juli 2013, 21:36

Is the limiting factor the number of aquabus ports I have on the aquaero?
I also bought 6 poweradjusts that each come with 2 aquabus connections. 1 to link to another poweradjust or aquaero and a free one on each.
That, in my head, should give me enough aquabus ports to connect all 8 pumps.
Any thoughts on wether it's possible?
I could buy another aquaero LT as suggested but already having enough aquabus ports makes me think it's the software that's limited and not the hardware.

Dienstag, 23. Juli 2013, 21:42

I pulled this of a website.
It's the features you get on a poweradjust ultra.
It does seem to suggest there are extra aquabus expansion ports which leads me to believe it's possible to connect 8 aquabus pumps
Features:
- DC voltage output signal (no PWM)
- Parameterizable start burst
- Measurement of the maximum speed
- Optional output voltage or fixed speed setting
- Control characteristic for speed setting configured in detail
- Disclosure of the tacho signal of the pump or fan to the motherboard or make an artificial tachometer signal can be turned off in case of errors
- Speed monitoring with renewed burst at standstill
- Provision for a temperature sensor
- Provision for a flow sensor
- Two aquabus expansion ports
- USB communication with PC
- User-friendly software for configuration and evaluation of poweradjust 2 USB - aquasuite fully integrated in the software

Scope of supply:
1x poweradjust 2 USB
1x Anschlussadpterkabel for Laing DDC pump (The German translated means "connection adapter cable")
1x internal USB cable (5-pin), length 70 cm
1x speed signal cable
1x manual

Dienstag, 23. Juli 2013, 23:04

No, that isn't quite how it works. Aquabus is a bus system where all the components can be joined together but each given a unique address so the Aquaero can talk to it.
There are only four available mps (multi purpose sensor) addresses. There is also a limited number of poweradjust addresses.

The extra port on the poweradjust is there so that they can be chained together ... one as an in port and one as an out port eg, Aq5 - poweradjust - power adjust - poweradjust - mps device
The mps devices only have one aquabus port but they can still be joined together, it just requires splitter cables eg AQ5 - splitter cable - mps device one and two.

With Aquabus it doesn't matter how things are connected as long as each device is wired somehow to the Aquabus high port on the AQ5 and has been set with its own unique address. You could use multiple splitter cables or wire them in series, it really doesn't matter.
The poweradjusts are not needed to add mps devices.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (23. Juli 2013, 23:14)

Mittwoch, 24. Juli 2013, 04:12

Ok. Thanks once more for your answers.
I'm sorry to keep on asking, but in summary....

Can I connect and control them if my motherboard has enough usb ports available? (Usb PCI card etc)
If I buy a slave aquaero device, will that solve my 8 pump problems?
Whatever it is I need to do in order to run the 8 pumps with controlls would be much appreciated. Even if it requires more hardware.
Also, I have 14 inline temperature sensors. Can they all be connected?

Thanks again everyone for your input, especially you aquaero wizards :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mganddrea« (24. Juli 2013, 05:01)

Freitag, 26. Juli 2013, 12:30

If you add a second Aquaero as a slave device it has to be the LT model. But if an Aquaero is run as a slave you give up a lot of functionality and I recommend just running two Aquaero's separately....they will both show up in Aquasuite but no parameters (like temps) are shared between the two units. You can display graphs or windows of all temps, speeds, etc from both units however.

There is a total of 8 temperature headers per Aquaero, so two units run separately would give you 16. BUT if one of the units is an LT run as a slave, you give up almost all the functionality except for power control of the 4 fan headers of the LT. Make sure you understand what that means.....you won't have access to pwm control of the Fan 4 header of the LT, the flow meter input and all other inputs will be unavailable as well. Also the aquabus of the LT will be tied up so any periphereals like Power Adjusts have to be connected to the Master unit so that's another limitation.

Other than that running two Aquaero's as separate devices comes with it's own set of , ah, "quirks" shall we say but once everything is configured it's good to go.

Look at the diagram for the Aquaero's inputs and you can see exactly what can be connected to each unit.
That's about all I have to add except that I run 2xAquaero Pro's as separate units since I want the full functionality of both units.

Sonntag, 28. Juli 2013, 04:40

This sounds like the way to go.
So I can attatch half of everything to each Aquaero and run them as they are meant to work?
Would the remotes clash with each other as I would be buying 2 identical aquaero units?
Not that it matters as I'm enabling a lot of features I would be without.
Thanks a million for everyone's reponses!!!!!!!!!! Would be struggling without this help.
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Dienstag, 30. Juli 2013, 01:29

I was just about to post when I came across this one, which has helped me with an issue I ran into just yesterday, when I tried to add a 5th mps.....there is only 4 Aquabus addresses 12-15 allowed. So, one question which would solve my problem and maybe help the OP - can you daisy chain or connect in parallel 2 D5s together? If so do you assign the same bus address to each?

I'm running on a bench 2 loops, with 2 D5s in a dual bay res, one in an Aqualis, and 2 mps flow sensors.

I had some other issues which I will post separately so as to not totally hijack this post :)

Dienstag, 30. Juli 2013, 01:31

Edit to above: addresses may be 11-14 I was going from memory....

Dienstag, 30. Juli 2013, 10:05

Yeah the addresses are 12-15
I thought that might be a way to do it too, with 4 pairs of pumps with the same settings. When I did a small experiment with my pumps though, changing them both to the same address didn't result in one visible pump and two responding to the programming from Aquasuite as I hoped. What happened was both pumps disappeared as options to add to controllers.
It was strange because at the moment I have pump 1 connected by 4 pin aquabus only and pump 2 connected by 3 pin aquabus and USB. Both pumps remained visible in that they still had their own tabs but when I went to add pump 2 to a controller ( so I could see if both pumps would respond ) there were no pumps available to add.
I don't know whether that was just one of the quirks of Aquasuite and with a bit of restarting and resetting it might have worked? However I didn't want to mess with it any more than I had already and maybe have to reset everything back to factory.

When I changed pump 2 back to address 13 and restarted AS again both pumps were available again to add to a controller.

I can't explain it or rule anything out but that is what I saw in a quick test.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (30. Juli 2013, 10:06)