• 27.04.2024, 00:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Dienstag, 30. Juli 2013, 13:58

Thanks Jaksonfire - I'll try a few things this weekend. To be clear I would be fine with the 2nd D5 as a complete slave ie it does not need to show up in Aquasuite; it only needs to do exactly like the first pump. Otherwise it can be totally invisible.

RE: Can I run 8 x aquabus d5 pumps

Sonntag, 4. August 2013, 11:10

Hi all.
I'm new to the forum and have a few questions for some of the tekkies on here.

I have gone and purchased the Aquaero 5 xt and 6 poweradjust ultra's and 2 multi switches plus the real time clock expansion.
I also have the water block for the Aquaero plus 14 waterblock temperature probes.
I need to run 8 aquabus d5 pumps in 4 loops, 28 fans with led's and approx 10 sets of 12" and 6" led strips and some waterblock led's.
Fans will be setup onto 3 x 360 radiators with push and pull and 2 120 rads with push and pull.

1. Will I be able to control the rpm of each radiator? (3 x 6 fan sets and 2 x 2 fan sets)
2. Will I be able to control that many led's?
3. What cables do I need to buy to connect them all together?
4. Can I power them off the psu and just connect the pwm bit to the Aquaero
5. Can I make pump sets (8 pumps in 4 sets) with identical settings as I don't wan't them running different speeds due to them being inline in the same pump top (bitspower dual)

Thanks very much in advance.

OK, I'm dying to know, why do you need 8 D5s?

Sonntag, 4. August 2013, 16:35

I need 8 pumps to run through the following....
3 x 360 radiators
2 x 120 radiators
3 x hdd water blocks
3 x graphics water blocks
1 cpu water block
1 ram water block
1 motherboard water block
2 x aquaero water blocks
2 x dual loop reservoirs
I've split them into 4 loops. 2 pumps per loops fitted to a dual bitspower pump top
I'll agree I've gone totally overkill with my setup but that was intended.
My hardware is...
Asus P6T7 WS Super computer motherboard
Core i7 980x 6 core cpu
24gb ram
3 x 4tb hdds
2 x 240gb ssd's
3 x 5970 black edition graphics cards
1000 watt corsair power supply
My current case is a cooler master haf x.
I have just bought an extended ascension from mountainmods.com
2 x 1500w evga power supplies and a shed load of new water cool stuff
My reasons behind it were simple, I had the hardware and it looked boring. I needed to make it asthetically pleasing.
I'll post pics in another post

Sonntag, 4. August 2013, 17:06

Here are some pics of whats coming and 1 of what it looks like before my upgrades
»mganddrea« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • 20130729_212722.JPG
  • 20130804_150004.JPG
  • 20130804_150022.JPG
  • 20130804_150032.JPG
  • 20130804_150112.JPG
  • Specs.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mganddrea« (4. August 2013, 17:09)

Montag, 5. August 2013, 00:36

Here are some pics of whats coming and 1 of what it looks like before my upgrades[/quote

I figured it had to be something overkill. I used 4 D5s in two loops with x 480 rads, full EVGA SR-2 motherboard blocks, tri SLI, and dual cpu blocks. With power at mid point it was just adequate. Same build now has 2 x MCP35x2 which is a lot quieter. I contemplated having more pump power with 6 D5s, but it just got to be to complicated.

Montag, 5. August 2013, 01:52

I'm curious how you would organize it. I have 4 loops in total. 2 loops with red coolant and 2 loops with blue
Here is my loop configuration as it stands.
  1. 3 x graphics to triple radiator to 2 pumps to 1 reservior
  2. 3 hard drives to cpu to triple radiator to 2 pumps to 1 reservior
  3. 1 motherboard to triple radiator to 2 pumps to 1 reservoir
  4. 1 ram to single radiator to 2 pump to aquaero to aquaero to single radiator to reservoir
I'm thinking that 3 hard drives to one triple radiator might not be enough and I could double it up to loop 2 of the same colour.
How would you guys arrange it?
There are 11 heat sources, 3 x 360 radiators and 2 x 120 radiators and 4 reservoirs.
Thanks
  • 20130804_194637.JPG
  • 20130804_200947.JPG
  • 20130804_201013.JPG

Donnerstag, 8. August 2013, 07:53

I'm curious how you would organize it. I have 4 loops in total. 2 loops with red coolant and 2 loops with blue
Here is my loop configuration as it stands.
  1. 3 x graphics to triple radiator to 2 pumps to 1 reservior
  2. 3 hard drives to cpu to triple radiator to 2 pumps to 1 reservior
  3. 1 motherboard to triple radiator to 2 pumps to 1 reservoir
  4. 1 ram to single radiator to 2 pump to aquaero to aquaero to single radiator to reservoir
I'm thinking that 3 hard drives to one triple radiator might not be enough and I could double it up to loop 2 of the same colour.
How would you guys arrange it?
There are 11 heat sources, 3 x 360 radiators and 2 x 120 radiators and 4 reservoirs.
Thanks

Lot to play with. Probably a lot of restriction for just one dual pump setup, although 4 D5s would probably be just fine. Power consumption pretty much parallels heat generation, that's the easy part. GPUs will use the most power by far when fired up, followed by the CPU. However, CPU temps will always higher because of the smaller surface area of the die vs. GPU chips. The AQ, RAM and MB should be fine on the 120s.

I usually guesstimate about 75W per 120 radiator with the fans at 'quiet' levels. RAM can consume a chunk of power but not nearly as much as the CPU and GPU components. MB and the AQ cooling are pretty minima, but highly restrictive blocks for their jobs.

For perspective, with 3xGTX 680s and my dual Xeon 5690s overclocked to 4.5 GHz, my system consumes is just shy of 1000W at full load. Each Xeon pulls about 200W of that. With 4 x 480 rads, my Delta T is 6C on that load, using low speed fans (AP-15s).

Version 0 (my preferred, 1 loop, 4 D5s. Build another machine with the other 4 D5s and second Aquaero). Better yet, don't bother cooling RAM and hard drives. and just use 2 D5s.
Version 1 ('only' 2 loops, I would do 4 D5s, but could do 4 pumps/2 reservoirs in each just for giggles): 3 x graphics and 1 cpu to all 3 360 radiators. RAM, motherboard, AQ, and hard drives to both the 120s.
Version 2 (3 loops) cpu to 360, gpus to 2x360. RAM, MB, etc to the 120s.
Version 3 (4 loops) cpu to 360, gpus to 2x360. RAM to 1x120. MB,Hard drives and AQ to 1 x 120.

Loop order doesn't matter.

Donnerstag, 8. August 2013, 15:28

Thanks for an awesome response.
Hard drives and ram are only water cooled for looks. I bought see through water blocks for them and mayhems aurora coolant.
I like the idea of 2 360's for the graphics. I did a bit of bitcoin mining with one loop and everything was hot and only the graphics were running.
I'd like to keep the mobo as cool as possible as a 10 degree lower temperature apparantly extends the life span by 100,000 hours.
I'm not to concerned with the cpu temps being a little high as it's good for 80 degrees but I rarely push it hard.
I've never water cooled the ram before and have no idea how much heat they will bring. There is 6 dimms at 2000mhz.
Version 0 is out of the question. I really want to show off my setup and I already bought the equipment ;-)
Version 1 sounds ok. With a lot of fans on the aquaero would it increase the heat a little too much? I've heard they hit upto 90 degrees on full load.
Version 2 also sounds ok.
I'll likely go with one of your suggestions
I could upgrade my case to include a water barrel that would enable 1 360 radiator for each heat source ;-)
  • bitspower hdd.jpg
  • bitspower ram.jpg
  • Water Barrel.jpg
  • case.jpg
  • water barrel plus extended ascension.jpg

Freitag, 9. August 2013, 12:12

Thanks for an awesome response.
Hard drives and ram are only water cooled for looks. I bought see through water blocks for them and mayhems aurora coolant.
I like the idea of 2 360's for the graphics. I did a bit of bitcoin mining with one loop and everything was hot and only the graphics were running.
I'd like to keep the mobo as cool as possible as a 10 degree lower temperature apparantly extends the life span by 100,000 hours.
I'm not to concerned with the cpu temps being a little high as it's good for 80 degrees but I rarely push it hard.
I've never water cooled the ram before and have no idea how much heat they will bring. There is 6 dimms at 2000mhz.
Version 0 is out of the question. I really want to show off my setup and I already bought the equipment ;-)
Version 1 sounds ok. With a lot of fans on the aquaero would it increase the heat a little too much? I've heard they hit upto 90 degrees on full load.
Version 2 also sounds ok.
I'll likely go with one of your suggestions
I could upgrade my case to include a water barrel that would enable 1 360 radiator for each heat source ;-)

The RAM doesn't generate a lot of heat, I have the same, and they are barely warm to touch even when benchmarking.

The heat on the AQ depends on how much current your fans need, and how much you undervolt them (lower voltage yields higher temps). Mine are passively air cooled with the stock 20mm high heat sink, but using Gently Typhoons, which don't take a lot of current, and they are either off or running at 3.8V when the system is idle, and running at about 50% when at full throttle. I have 8x AP-15s on 3 AQ-5 channels and a PA-2 (32 total). They are rarely warmer than 55 C or so at the chip, usually 40 something (Celsius). Current build will be more elaborate, with an AQ-5, LT slave, and 4 PA-2s....

100,000 hours is how many days? I suspect you'll upgrade your processor before those 4000+ days are up.

Freitag, 9. August 2013, 20:32

100,000 hours is how many days? I suspect you'll upgrade your processor before those 4000+ days are up.
Lol, I agree but at temps of 70+ It's reduced to 5000hrs. lower than 50 and it's 500,000 hours. Time will tell if it actually lasts that long.
I was thinking about making the change to the new chipset but instead, I upgraded my "cherry picked" core i7 920 to the 980x 6 core edition.
I've been waiting for an excuse to upgrade but I don't think the benifits are worth the money.
I have the Asus P6T7 WS Super Computer motherboard. The new motherboards don't support x16 on more than 2 or 3 pci-e.
I have 3 5970 graphics cards which each run as crossfire x (the cards all have dual core graphics chips) and soon enough I'll have a 4th.
I nearly bought the sr2 classified motherboard but when the cpu's couldn't be overclocked, I bought the 980x, 24gb ram and 3 x 4tb hard drives and spoiled myself with 2 new 5970's.
If I ever did upgrade, I would buy 3 x 7990's, 64gb ram and a new motherboard but also I'd need a motherboard waterblock, 3 graphics water blocks and new ram water blocks.
I can't justify spending over 5k on these parts as the speed increase would not be enough, plus my mrs would defo kill me as I barely game on it and it's turned into a facebook machine.
Also, I'd need 3 new monitors as the ones I have don't support display port. However I can't find any 23" with a resolution greater than the ones I have (2048 x 1152)
My next investment will be a better nas. I have a 4tb nas drive in raid 0 but the speeds are sooooo slow at 30mb read and 15mb write. It's a Qnap ts210 Turbo. It's the bottle neck in my system.
Looking at the synology ds412+ as it claims speeds of 200mbps.
My build will commence hopefully tommorrow when I get my final pieces from frozencpu.
I'm sure I'll be back with more Q's once I finally get into it.
Thanks for your comments and helpful answers