• 20.04.2024, 11:01
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Need some clarification advice

Donnerstag, 1. August 2013, 13:17

This is my first LC setup so be gentle please if i ask obvious things or wrote something stupid ;)
config i7 3770@4,5+ 7970 1GHz+ both watercooled with plans of getting 2nd if they fix driver issues

third party components

alphacool xt45 with PP or ut60 with pull only 420 + optionally ut60 240 in PP
7/10 140 fans - not decided what type apart of 4 nzxt that came with switch 810??
2/4 120 fans GT15
heatkiller 3.0 on gpu
cpu - 380 koolance
now the question is what else do I need if I use those parts(questions in brackets)
aquero 5 LT(8/9/7)
d5 with aquabus
D5 top for aqualis base with fill level sensor(2)
aqualis base 450 with or without fountain and nano coating(read question 1)
flow sensor (3)
temperature sensors (7)
Questions:

1 does fountain make noise? how audible it is lets say at midnight when there is quiet?
2 d5 top only from AC will fit res base
3 there are different models of flow sensors what are the major differences between them which one suits my setup?
4 what kind of software sensors can aqua software read(temperatures)?
5 what requires hardware sensors on wires which you can't measure with software/components i picked and are usefull?
6 what connectors/mountings i might need apart for those parts?
7 can i use 2 pin temperature sensors i bought from other manufacturer some time ago?
8 when should i buy water block for aquero 5 LT if i plan to use 4 channels(6x140/4x140/4x120/1x140)? do i need PA in this case?
9 can i attach led stripes to Aquero pwm connectors?
10 Pressure equalization membrane what is the best place to install it? is there a risk of leaq through it? Is it needed at all and when?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »eltebe« (2. August 2013, 09:03)

Freitag, 2. August 2013, 12:32

Q1 sorry no experience, but i would buy nano coating! I think you will still have some pump noise...
Q4 I use Open hardware monitor, gives me CPU and GPU temps....but I dont use them as imput variables..only for reference. The AQ5 is self contained..keeping it simple..I use it's hardware inputs
Q5 inline liquid temperature sensors i prefer in and out of radiator(ie 2 sensors), but placement of sensors somewhat of a topic on forum. And Ambient air , case, Vregs (2) ( think AQ5 comes with 4 sensors)
Q6 all pumps are best decoupled from chasis, I used for pump and am very happy with result
You will have to decide what tube diameter you are going to use, really not a lot of difference between 3/8 and 1/2"

How many fittings...you need to grab pen and paper and draw your loop, avoid 90 Deg elbows and go for 45 Deg, remember modern tubing can bend.
I used compression fittings as they don't leak.
Q7 I think yes if they are something like 10KOhm some one else maybe able to confirm resistance
Q8 AQ5 rated at 12W / channel with air cooling, I am guessing 20W water cooled, I went water cooled...it's a water cooled computer :)
Q9 apparently you can, so you can control 3 light arrays
Q10 sadly no experience ( my loop predates them) but I recall this being answered on this forum. certain situations not needed, but I would fit one, and no they are not supposed to leak.

The AQ5 Lt mmm :( given your investment, grab a pro! I have Pro and am very happy with choice
Have the Koolance 370 and koolance GPU block for my 7970... to do it again I would go for a high flow EK for CPU.

hope that helps

Freitag, 2. August 2013, 13:30

generally i don't want nor need any display that is why LT version. All will be software controlled.
Fittings i think of 10/16mm
also does decoupling make sense if you mount res that is attached to pump directly to the case or is this res holder not needed and pump mount is enough?or maybe keep both separate and use flow meter between only(as i understood it can measure flow temperature and also act as some sort of fill meter)

fittings 2 radiator 2 pump 2cpu 2 gpu (+2 if 2 radiators +2 aquaero) some angled ones might be needed since for switch 810 420 might be tight fit.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »eltebe« (2. August 2013, 14:51)

Samstag, 3. August 2013, 01:09

Can program AQ5 pro at the AQ5, even if software issue.
AQ5 pro has 4 profiles, the LT only 1
I have a quiet case with a door, so I also do not normally see the display.

Usually you have the reservoir at the input of the pump, I have flow meter before reservoir simply because, with a small case I had limited options, it used to be after the pumps(2).

perhaps spend a little time looking at google images of how others have setup their loops, for example I dont have a window on the side of my case, I cannot usually see the reservoir so reservoir placement is not for looks, just had to "fit in" ! - as you say thing are a tight fit.

Samstag, 3. August 2013, 23:06

Doesn't software store profiles as well or only the hardware does and software is for setuping things only?

Montag, 5. August 2013, 13:12

Question:
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2926
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2750

those 2 can be connected to LT one to high(d5) one low aquabus(top)?

Montag, 5. August 2013, 14:15

guess I didn't get it right - just read the English manual someone asked for :P
please correct me if I got it wrong

Top has:
flow sensor ( can be connected to FLOW on LT cable not incl. or USB cable incl or aquabus cable not included)
additionally can have temperature sensor connected on the side
tacho can work as safety signal if pump is working connected to mobo(no cable incl.)

pump has:
USB
aquabus not included
tacho can work as safety signal if pump is working connected to mobo(no cable incl.)

temp input same as on top

So generally i can connect
1 both to USB
2 one USB one aquabus(buy one cable)
3 both aquabus????(buy 2 cables)
4 each of them can take temperature from sensor as input and it will go through usb/aquabus to aquasuite(buy sensor)
5 updating firmware can be done with USB cable only

Freitag, 9. August 2013, 01:26

Doesn't software store profiles as well or only the hardware does and software is for setuping things only?
No the AS only works with current selected profile, it does not have tabs so you can switch. You have to manually switch profiles ( simple) or set up profile selection via alarm action's ( complex)
The functions of the AQ5 pro /XT can be programmed with the buttons.

Freitag, 9. August 2013, 01:44

The USB is required for updating firmware and using Aquasuit.

Is getting complex now everything has a USB interface, lots of duplication for temperature inputs, remember y
ou are buying the AQ5 for fan control
(4 channels) and lighting channels(3)
It also has 8 temperature sensors inputs ( you need at least 2 IN and OUT of radiators)
an rpm signal so that motherboard will boot (connect to CPU fan header on motherboard)
aquabus - for daisy chaining devices ( remember Y cables are available)

There are many combinations of equipment available, but when you have a AQ5 you use the Aquabus.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Grasshopper« (9. August 2013, 01:45)